Awoo.

An official apology for being a total and clueless bastard

Velotix von Skruviktorrius

Dude...

Well Velotix, I don't know you personally, but that sets a higher standard for apologies there. You really put a lot of thought into your words, and I commend you for it.

If ever you're in the dumps, I'm free anytime you want to share a word or two as well. I hope your rocky relationship with the administrative team will smooth out quickly.

Glad you were not an ass to me. tongue.png But I'm assuming this apology is also towards the members too. I accept all of that long post.

What...the heck happened that made folks think of you that way? I've hardly ever seen you act the way you describe...unless I wasn't active in a particular topic.

Kinda shocking myself really.

• Thumbs Up 3

Same. I've never seen you act in a way that would anywhere near warrant a permaban, but then again, I don't explore the whole forum most of the time.

CSS is on the money. I have no idea what would make you think this way. I've never seen you post anything that warrants actions against you, and I've looked at your post history. Nothing suspicious appeared. If you ask me, someone PMed you just to scare you. If this is true, then that's downright pathetic.

That said, hope you feel better soon! *hugs*

I'm not sure what this is about and what caused this, but I support giving a thumbs up to every moderator, so I approve of this post..?

If you were apparently so close to being permabanned, shouldn't they have warned you back when you first began to supposedly post the insensitive comments, and not let it build like that? Even i got some warning before being banned. It'd be totally weird to jump straight to bans.

Honestly, I'm not sure if I should even be posting this after Roarey just made that post above, but I have seen you do the stuff that you are referring to in the OP, Velotix; and there have actually been a couple times where your attitude towards and lack of respect for the moderation staff has required every ounce of my restraint to keep from chewing you out for it and probably making things even worse (one of your posts in the thread about revising the rules for the Generations subforum being the most recent example). And, like Roarey said above, Sean in particular seems to be the one with the target frequently painted on his back whenever you did it.

...I still kinda stand by what I said. On every other forum I go on, ignoring a moderator's request IS a warnable (strikable if persistent) offence that's against the rules. Is the policy here that different, or...?

...I still kinda stand by what I said. On every other forum I go on, ignoring a moderator's request IS a warnable (strikable if persistent) offence that's against the rules. Is the policy here that different, or...?

It's not explicitly stated that members will be striked for ignoring a moderator in the rules, no. Staff usually let it fly when it happens on a single occasion but naturally they'll get really pissed if it happens on a larger scale and start handing out strikes XP.

...:V

Mods, staff, whowhatsits, wrong wordings; you know what I mean, I love you guys.

I think that reaction was more in line with the fact that he isn't in the original post haha. But its okay, we do love you too Remy!

Edited by Punk
  • Thumbs Up 1

Honestly, I'm not sure if I should even be posting this after Roarey just made that post above, but I have seen you do the stuff that you are referring to in the OP, Velotix; and there have actually been a couple times where your attitude towards and lack of respect for the moderation staff has required every ounce of my restraint to keep from chewing you out for it and probably making things even worse (one of your posts in the thread about revising the rules for the Generations subforum being the most recent example). And, like Roarey said above, Sean in particular seems to be the one with the target frequently painted on his back whenever you did it.

I must not have been active around where he said it then. For the most part, I've not posted as much as I usually would in the past, and I don't always look at every topic (well who really does?) on my own accord, so that might explain why I'm in the dark about this. Had I seen it, I would've no doubt got onto him about it, and I don't mean any offense when I say that as I've done so on plenty of other friends of mine.

Kinda odd. Velotix hasn't come off the way you guys describe from what I've seen of him, but I've not seen much of his posts from where I visit. I've seen a few renegade moments, but I overlooked them simply because I've had quite a bad habit of doing it myself. Never sent a PM to a mod like that, tho. I've known only a slight amount of strife they've come across against them...that, and I assumed doing something like that was an instant strike (not that I'd do it then, a lot of them are my friends after all).

New rule: talk back to a mod in an obscenely rude way, get suspended for a day

I know it can be hard for some to talk back to the mods, but they're people too, with lives and feelings. They should be treated as such. Because they take time out of their lives and put up wih our shit, they should be treated with respect. It's kinda like talking back to a parent or teacher: you just don't do it.

Edited by Colasaurus Rex

Whether you know it or not we have staff topics open about members that haven't concretely broken any rules or received strikes purely to discuss troubling behavior we see from.

Does that mean you have topics about without us knowing. Makes me paranoid *puts tin-foil hat on*.blink.png

I knew you guys were alien robo-ninja lizards!ph34r.png