Awoo.

Your own interpretation of the characters.

Kuzu

Ignoring the usual Shadow bullcrap, I'll say I've always had a fondness for the Babylon Rogues. Even in the few appearances they've had, I find them far more interesting than their fan-delegated status as nothing but a Triple Threat retread implies. Really, beyond their basic physical abilities, I find them quite different from not only Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles, but the rest of the trios in the entire series.

Jet's been called many things by the fanbase, the two monikers vying for top spot probably being "tool" and "asshole." I consider that a good thing; it means his characterization is always accurate. Indeed, Jet is an asshole, and an entertaining one. Because of his prestigious lineage and athletic talents, he's egotistical to the point that his pride can overshadow his abilities, meaning he takes losing to heart more than other characters. This also leaves him easily embarrassed by the awkward actions of his teammates; thus, he's extremely bossy. He also has dreams of wealth, a natural extension of his hubris. After all, it'd only be inevitable that an athlete of his caliber should soon acquire enough money to have a veritable Scrooge McDuck vault. And of course, he's got the temper of Scrooge's nephew. What other character in the series has actually punted a desk?

Wave, on the other hand, is the proverbial woman behind the great man, picking up the slack from Jet's unbecoming laziness; she becomes his right arm when his inexperience, oversight, or ennui becomes problematic to the team's goals. It's also possible that this indirect level of authority over the younger, more immature boss gives her such an overwhelming superiority complex that it's the underlying justification for her rude attitude towards Tails. While her friends exchange trash talk to their respective rivals in terms of their competitive abilities, Wave tends to be a lot more venomous, dealing direct personal attacks towards the mere child who displays similar prowess for being a mechanic and thus threatens her status. Despite that, she still has the capacity to appreciate Tails' abilities. After all, he sure is smart.

Storm, however, is dumb. Namely, he's got some short-term memory loss and is terrible with words. He's also clumsy which, when combined with his strength, can make him a liability even when he's merely closing doors. Both of these facts render him as the gentle giant of the team, similar to Big in a way. He's passive in regards to the pack politics of his friends, merely following along with Jet and Wave's plans as he probably figures he doesn't know any better any way. Truly, Storm respects "The Boss" to unreasonable degrees, oblivious to Jet's flaws in his effort to measure up to such greatness and be the most reliable albatross that ever existed. Ultimately, it's all of this that leaves Storm an easy target for Wave's frustration and a reliable asset to literally anyone who can dominate him like the little puppy he is.

Overall, what you have is a team in relative disarray, probably only surpassed by Eggman, Orbot, and Cubot, which in turn makes them very interesting. As the World Grand Prix's taken off and become more popular, the strong competition coming out of the woodwork has left them more aware and sensitive to each other's kinks and flaws. And with two egos floating around a klutzy catalyst, the Rogues have a tendency to squabble all the time and act more like siblings, or even the Eds from Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, than the more level-headed teams outlined in Heroes. They're a really rough bunch, but it's that sibling quality to their friendship that makes them empathetic as well as great potential for comedy. Honestly, the Rogues are awesome.

It's hardly bull crap.

I want to contribute but is this what I think certain characters should be or how I see them in general even though it's not how everyone else sees them?

It's hardly bull crap.

You quoted my entire essay about the Babylon Rogues just to say that? God-fucking-damn, man.

I want to contribute but is this what I think certain characters should be or how I see them in general even though it's not how everyone else sees them?

It's how you see the characters in general.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ahh well, may as well keep the topic alive, time for the Deuteragonist of the series: Tails

Oh Tails, he's come a long way since his debut in Sonic 2; going from tag along sidekick to a hero in his own right after Sa1. His character growth(While mostly ignored), is pretty damn satisfying, realizing that he can't rely on Sonic for everything and learns to fend for himself and being pretty much Sonic's right hand man from then on.

I like to see Tails as the one person Sonic trusts more than anyone, meaning they can read each other like a book and know what the other is thinking when it comes to their plans. He's usually a lot more grounded and rational than his peers are(Saying a lot considering his usual peers are Sonic, Knuckles, and Amy) so he's able to pick up on things that they would normally overlook. He's smart enough to give Eggman a run for his money and can be very cunning when he wants to be, but usually is too docile and modest act on his gifts though. He's fairly humble when it comes to his feats(A nice contrast with Sonic's usual boastful attitude), and has no problem being out of the spotlight. Because of his age and intelligence, he usually can be bit nerdy with the techno talk and whatnot, but that just serves to make him more endearing(While irritating his less than intelligent friends). Unlike most of the other characters who have some negative traits despite their nice personality, Tails is undoubtedly one of the nicest characters with no glaring faults other than his own modesty and because of this he's able to make friends fairly easy(Unlike Sonic who usually has to beat the crap out his friends to get them to at least tolerate him).

All in all, Tails without a doubt is the second most important character after Sonic, and hence just as much a staple as Sonic & Eggman at this point in the franchise(He's the only character aside from those two, to be in every single game after his debut), and a game without him at Sonic's side tend to feel empty or incomplete. Now if only he was playable, then the "Unbreakable Bond" would truly be formed again, but he's in CD at least so there's that.

Edited by Shadic93

• 1 year later...

Along with my character description, I placed references to the games. (note: SH is "Sonic Heroes")

Knuckles the Echidna: This echidna is stubborn yet has a heart of gold. He is naive and seems to enjoy the simple things in life (S&K). though he has a hot temper, he is still a nice guy (StH3). He is willing to help those in need, unless it interrupts his own work (SA).

He is very honest and can sometimes come across harsh, but he never means to hurt anyone with his words (SRiders). He seems to be over confident and even a little proud, however, deep inside he is very insecure and is always trying to cover up his weaknesses (SA2 song lyrics, SH) especialy around Sonic, who he seems to think is better than himself (SA, SA2, Sonic X) . He is not very good with girls, and seems to try and deal with them the same way he deals with other guys (SA2, Sonic Rush), he does seem to be intrigued by them though. He is independant and tries to do as much as possible without help (SA); however, he is never afraid to seek help when he needs it (SA). He seems to like to know what to do before jumping into something ( SA, SA2).  While denying it, he seems to scare easily , especially when his life is threatened (SA2, SH). He doesn't like people who make fun of him (like sonic in any sonic game). He is gullible because of his over sheltered childhood, and believes that everyone is generally honest and nice, why would someone do something to hurt someone else?( all games). Knuckles seems to have an immense intrest in history and mythology, however, knows nearly nothing of the tribe he descended from ( SA, SA2, StH3, Sonic Riders:ZG) . Knuckles hates strong sunlight, liars and theives (except perhaps, a certain bat.)(All games). He also seems to be more hostile towards Sonic than Sonic is toward him (SA, SA2), perhaps because of his jealousy of Sonic. He loves all kinds of fruit, especially grapes.