Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Okay 1st review is up and Generations got 85/100 That's not bad, not bad at all with the recent history in the reviews in consoles.

I thought they will give a bigger score for the sounds. 8 is great but i thought it deserves at least a 9.

85% seem like a very fair score for this game. I'm gonna say that mainly because of the number of actual stages vs the number of mission acts, but otherwise everything seems very good. That first review does bring up a point about the story though. Perhaps it, like Colours, is too minimal?

About the 7/10 on graphics... I think that'll probably be to do with stretched and blurred textures, as well as the fact that the game runs at quite a low resolution. It's less that 720p.

Edited by Blue Blood

85% seem like a very fair score for this game. I'm gonna say that mainly because of the number of actual stages vs the number of mission acts, but otherwise everything seems very good. That first review does bring up a point about the story though. Perhaps it, like Colours, is too minimal?

About the 7/10 on graphics... I think that'll probably be to do with stretched and blurred textures, as well as the fact that the game runs at quite a low resolution. It's less that 720p.

Although you could interpret it the other way around. They could be saying that the story wasn't needed.

Although you could interpret it the other way around. They could be saying that the story wasn't needed.

Which is, as usual a terrible point of review (especially if it is minimal) and so I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Hmm, another 8.5/10. Great! I kinda agree with the bosses con. I don't really have an opinion about the camera cause i haven't played the game. Graphics another 7/10. The graphics look gorgeous to me. =/

That's a lot of unlockables too. :)

Magazine is called 360 Live I take it? Putting it up in the OP.

Yeah, forgot to say.

One more thing. Going by the different prices on the cover I'm guessing it's only for Germany, Austria, BeNeLux(Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg), Italy and Switzerland, but there's a contest to win the 20th Anniversary statue. You just have to send an e-mail to moritz@360-live.de with the answer to the question "What does SEGA stand for?" (It's Service Games) and your address. It goes to the 15th November.

Edited by MarcelloF

Scores are pretty good so far. 8.5? I bet some reviews will be 9/10!

About story. Well that was kinda expected. I think writers should make more complex story next time.

About unlockables. 14 chars? So:

-Sonic

-Tails

-Knuckles

-Amy

-Metal Sonic

-Shadow

-Rouge

-Cream

-Silver

-Blaze

-Espio

-Vector

-Charmy

-EGGMAN

So Big and Omega get left from Bios too :(

There's supposed to be alot of Insider Jokes in the Cutscenes. Kind of a given, but at least it may won't be as flat as colours.

Edited by ChikaBoing

The first review I felt that Sonic Generations kind of got robbed out making it into that 90% spot. But oh well you can't win them all and 85% is a B+, pretty good

What?Graphics 7?To me it's 10!!What more do they want from graphics!How more it can look better?

In today's gaming if game doesnt have UBER REALISTIC GRAPHICS!!! Then reviewers say that graphics are bad. Its just sad.

• Thumbs Up 4

Since when was a 7 bad?

Maybe its not as high as people expected, but it certainly isn't BAD. 7 is what I'd call Decent to Good, that sort of area.

Don't almost all games on the Consoles run less than 720p? Battlefield 3, which is one of the best looking games on the 360 runs at 704p.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Main game (9 Zones, 18 acts) will take about 4 hours, adding missions, Emeralds etc, 3 more. Not sure if this means collecting the Emeralds has nothing to do with the story. Might be that you have to recollect them to use SS in stages. But I dunn

So it's gonna be as short as Colors then? :l

Welp, I'm glad Sega's selling it at a slightly lower price than most other 360 and PS3 games. I know this sounds like complaining, but I was really hoping for another big Sonic game that would take alot longer than 4-5 hours to beat the main story.

I'll still enjoy the game though, and unlike Colors, I hope the stages keep me coming back.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 5

Use higher res textures, map them better so they don't stretch, up the resolution, up the framerate. Whether or not all of that is possible doesn't matter, those things still take a toll on the graphical quality overall. I'd say an 8 is more fitting than a 7 though.

EDIT: I wonder how many people will ignore this and instead make sour comments about realism...

Then directly afterwards

Not enough grey.

I dunno, thought it was rather humorous. But I don't really have much to say as regards to visuals apart from "it looks better than Unleashed".

Not looking forward to Joystiq's review of this game...

Forget that, it's Jim Sterling on Destructoid we gotta watch out for =P

Oh and as regards to the length, I'm not too fussed that the main storyline will only last about 4 or 5 hours. Quality over quantity. Much like the case of Colours, I'd rather have a 4 to 5 hour experience filled largely with enjoyment than a 15-20 hour experience that's filled with lots of crap. Not to mention, that's just the main story. There's loads more additional content as well as that like collecting Red Rings, Missions etc

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m

An 8.5 is a good score, but I'll honestly be disappointed if this game doesn't get at least a 9. Not only because I'd say Colors was 8.5 material, but also because it's the big barrier to break, you know? An 8.5 is great and all, but a score of 9+ is what'll get us some "Wow, Sonic really is back" comments. I'm tired of being considered the furry with terrible standards. I hated 06 as much as you did, Joe Blow on the other side of the street.

Not looking forward to Joystiq's review of this game...

I haven't the slightest clue why, considering they gave Colors a 4/5.

Joystiq's really the only site I trust for reviews nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 1

So it's gonna be as short as Colors then? :l

Welp, I'm glad Sega's selling it at a slightly lower price than most other 360 and PS3 games. I know this sounds like complaining, but I was really hoping for another big Sonic game that would take alot longer than 4-5 hours to beat the main story.

I'll still enjoy the game though, and unlike Colors, I hope the stages keep me coming back.

It's especially a shame since it's been 3 Years in development. Still think it's gonna take quite a bit longer than Colors.