Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I'm really interested to see why the story is supposed to be just so bad.

That's why I want to know. What did the reviewer explained the story that made it so bad to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game's dialogue is packed to the brim with unfunny, cringe-inducing puns/jokes like Colors...

• Thumbs Up 6

I wouldn't be surprised if the game's dialogue is packed to the brim with unfunny, cringe-inducing puns/jokes like Colors...

Unfortunately, that's what it sounds like.

Oh boy I have a strange feeling we might be dipping in Colors territory...

Well see though. The Colors writers do indeed hang out at this place for opinions...I surprised (from what I hear so far) that they haven't adjusted from Colors.

Edited by V0YANT

Oh boy I have a strange feeling we might be dipping in Colors territory...

Well see though. The Colors writers do indeed hang out at this place for opinions...I surprised (from what I hear so far) that they haven't adjusted from Colors.

I just want to know where they get their jokes from. I could find funnier jokes in a Christmas cracker.

• Thumbs Up 4

I like light-hearted stories.

I like 'em, too, but I also like my stories well-written.

That said, I'll hold off judgment on the story until I actually see it personally.

--

As for the topic itself, the games seem to be on a good start review-wise. Let's see it continue. :D

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, its not like this plot is serious, or requires much drama.

Fact is, and it should have be known from the beginning, that this game is going to be full of self-referential cutscenes. Its a 20th anniversary title. There are plenty of opportunities for the plot to take the piss out of the various flaws that exist in the games themselves. If that opportunity exists, it will be exploited.

Only time it will get anywhere near serious, is near the endgame.

Unfortunately, the Sonic Series, is incapable of adult humour and serious satire (which is the type of humour I gravitate towards). Mainly because that would be completely fucking retarded in a series of games aimed at everyone.

The jokes in Colours weren't bad. They were satisfactory, nothing more, nothing less. Your personal tastes in humour will define how you respond to that particular brand of humour. Don't like child-friendly, self-referential jokes? You ain't gon' like this. If you do, then you will.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 2

I just want to know where they get their jokes from. I could find funnier jokes in a Christmas cracker.

I really do hope they don't ruin the atmosphere of Sonic and Shadow's rival fight...they should not change a damn thing...if only so slightly.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 3

I said it since the games' announcement: I wish there had been no dialogue in the entire game, and perhaps not even a story at all. Sorry to all the people who love the world and characters, but that's really not what SEGA should be focusing on.

I swear, I been around videogames since early 90s, saw every major release with there reviews. Anything better then a 6.5 is playable- to better above a 7. AN 8.5 is great, very great. Of course to get 9's or better, you have to have gameplay probably up to those 15 plus hour games. Example, Mario Galaxy 1-2 The Zelda titles, hell.. those multilayer games cause so many hours you can spend infront of that T.V For a 4-5 hour game? Thats impressive score today standards. But since Sonic is more popular in America compared to Japan ect, im expect a few 8.5's + higher scores here then other places, so by the weekend im sure we will get the flow of those reviews.

They use Unfunny Jokes 101 for Dummies, of course.

• Thumbs Up 1

Again, I'm still waiting for an explanation about why those two reviewers don't like the story. All I am seeing now is people making quick assumptions that the story will be like Colors.

They use Unfunny Jokes 101 for Dummies, of course.

More like jokes for the kids. Atleast my 6 year nephew thought they were funny. I also thought that some of the jokes are either a hit or miss for me but not all of them are awful like you are putting it.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was going to ask if you guys wanted SA2 style plots again, but that would be veering too far offtopic.

Magazine reviews will be in the next issues mostly, correct?

I was going to ask if you guys wanted SA2 style plots again, but that would be veering too far offtopic.

Magazine reviews will be in the next issues mostly, correct?

Depends on the magazine. I don't think GameInformer will shoot out a review til the issue that comes out in December.

I liked sonic colors's simple story but all I wanted was a little bit more immersion(hope it's the right word since i google translated it). I do think sonic generations is going to deliver on my personal expectations when it comes to story

Edit: Wow the website looks great like this

Edited by Djawed

You know guys,just because you didn't find Colors humor funny doesn't mean it's bad.Humor factor is subjective. I personally loved it and i'm 24 years old.

As for the reviews it's just them going "Ahhh,Cutscenes in Sonic...Take it Away!!!!".

I'll ignore it till someone i trust tells me about the story.

• Thumbs Up 9

Well you don't have to be funny yourself to like good humor...(not implying that sonic colors had bad humor, I actually laughed alot, but just saying)

To be perfectly honest with you guys, all this talk about how Colours jokes are so bad, have made me all the more aware of how utterly shit the jokes made on this forum can sometimes be. I mean seriously, it ranges from hilarious to outright painful.

Exactly. I mean, some of the "jokes" made at the expense of Sonic Color's jokes on the last page were infinitely worse than anything in that game.

I have to admit I found Eggman's PAs in Colors amusing, but Sonic's jokes are awfully lame. I hope he won't be made to joke like this in Generations.

It would be best if they could satisfy both fanbases. Simple story for the main game, but more story and immersion if you choose to on the side. They could do this with hubs as well. Make the large interactive worlds entirely optional. And interacting in the HUBS would unlock more story for those who really want it.

I doubt Sonic Team would do this, though. Developers hate wasting time on aspects of the game that most people would avoid. Just think about how it could have worked in Generations, however. Yoou could play the entire game with the 2.5D hub and then there'd be an option to enter hubwords if you chose to...Customization is the future for the Sonic franchise imo.

Back on topic... I think IGN will appreciate the lack of story.