Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

In the context of this game? Which im sure you have no idea on how they act.

Thats like saying "dont use the characters because they are annoying, even though the game could provide chances for them to be likable."

In general. And I didn't say don't use them. I like them. I want them to be used, but it's true that they're annoying.

Did anyone find it funny how IGN described Classic Sonic gameplay the same as Sonic 4? tongue.png

It's a compliment from them.... Yeah I know.

• Thumbs Up 1

not every reviewer is a bunch of creepy obsessive manchild sonic fanboys like myself and you

Speak for yourself, creep

New Sonic game gets bad review from IGN, fanbase flips out.

New Sonic game gets good review from IGN, fanbase flips out.

At least you guys are consistent!

• Thumbs Up 1

New Sonic game gets bad review from IGN, fanbase flips out.

New Sonic game gets good review from IGN, fanbase flips out.

At least you guys are consistent!

But they insulted our godawful friends :(

• Thumbs Up 4

Well, I'm happy enough that IGN gave it a good score in the first place. ^_^

Now, if the actual REVIEW was better, I'd be happier, but...meh. *shrugs*

• Thumbs Up 1

Good review in general. I think I'm ready.

*looks down*

Are you ready buddy

*wiggle wiggle wiggle*

yeah.

OH GOD...LMFAO, that's bloody hilarious! laugh.png

Edited by KrazyBean14

Despite how much I nitpick this game, I feel that the game should have scored higher. I mean if you can trash Unleashed and 06, you can give a game thats just all around good, a 9.

You know as a fan of the series, I feel I'm harder on the games than a casual fan. IGN don't know much about rolling physics, or linearity. They enjoy the simplest elements of Sonic. Since this game delivers this why not hand out a 9? It's almost like theres a cap to how high they can rate a Sonic game. 7 in music and graphics? That just seems like an averages game. I thought it was a decent review, and I'm not unhappy with the score. It's just that the review seems to try to find reasons to nitpick sometimes through buzzwords like "annoying friends" and "cheesy vocals" because they're familiar elements in an unfamiliar era of good Sonic games.

Did anyone find it funny how IGN described Classic Sonic gameplay the same as Sonic 4? tongue.png

Yeah, I mean what happened to y'know, SONIC 1, 2 3 and S&K?!

Eh, it was a good score and the written review was decently reasonable, but the video was so bad it's ludicrous.

The uncontrollable boosting was almost as bad as slowing down to a complete stop and jumping off a ramp into a bottomless pit.

• Thumbs Up 3

You know how some people say its bad to overlook a review and just go to the final score?

For this case, Doing that is good.

• Thumbs Up 5

I know 8.5 is a great score, but why do I still feel disappointed with the 8.5? Something's clearly wrong with me, 8.5 is NOT low but it feels low for this game.

And the IGN review is poorly written, but even ME just look at the review scores first and move on on most games.

Edited by Crystaline Starlight

Meh, I have to agree with the majority. It's a Good score(kinda expected this or a 9) But teh actual review i found lackluster and not that informative. Music I am surprised by. But sound is subjective. Visuals where Is where it bothers me. I hope the framerate isn't as bad as they say it is.mellow.png

I know 8.5 is a great score, but why do I still feel disappointed with the 8.5? Something's clearly wrong with me, 8.5 is NOT low but it feels low for this game.

It's the new game hype. Really, an 8.5 is epic. Years ago we used to pray for 7's. What happened? :< This is a great thing people.

• Thumbs Up 1

8.5, huh? Well looks like IGN even says Sonic is back!

Also, coming from me, I think you guys are stretching things a bit too much regarding how they thought of the side-characters. Granted, it kinda enforces the dislike of the supporting cast, but they didn't go too far in the hate. They seemed pretty mild, and while there's plenty to get irked by how they did it, to be this way seems to be a bit much if you ask me. Then again, I guess that's just how they worded it.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I enjoyed the video, it made me laugh.

I mean, yeah, it kind of looked like he boosted into a wall, but...like...

I honest to God don't get what everyone's problem with the review is.

However, I have to give you guys props for not bashing every little thing about the review just because it's IGN. I underestimated everyone here, and for that, I apologize.

I would also like to point out that I am not trying to be rude in any way, and apologize again in advance if I have offended you.

Edited by A Match in Oil Ocean Zone

Another Great score! All Hail Generations! :D

>_>

<_<

I need to find something else to say.

Anyway Generations is looking good so far. Hope for the 1st 9 to come soon.

I enjoyed the video, it made me laugh.

I mean, yeah, it kind of looked like he boosted into a wall, but...like...

I honest to God don't get what everyone's problem with the review is.

However, I have to give you guys props for not bashing every little thing about the review just because it's IGN. I underestimated everyone here, and for that, I apologize.

I don't understand the hate IGN gets. They make a few mistakes here and there but IMO there probably the better reviewers out there.

At least they gave colors a deserving score of 8.5. Unlike gametrailers.

They even gave Sonic 4 an 8 and Free riders a 7.5! Those games are hated by some parts of the fanbase, but still got good scores from them!

So Since sonic games lately (Plus pretty much all the handheld games on GBA and DS?) are getting scores from them, remind me,

Why does IGN get all this damn hate?

I just hope I'm home from work to see the Gametrailers review as soon as they post it.

I will be under my other username Wakfu. Gonna be in that comment section every minute of every hour.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't understand the hate IGN gets. They make a few mistakes here and there but IMO there probably the better reviewers out there.

At least they gave colors a deserving score of 8.5. Unlike gametrailers.

They even gave Sonic 4 an 8 and Free riders a 7.5! Those games are hated by some parts of the fanbase, but still got good scores from them!

So Since sonic games lately (Plus pretty much all the handheld games on GBA and DS?) are getting scores from them, remind me,

Why does IGN get all this damn hate?

I wasn't hating on them, I was just pointing out that people in the Sonic fanbase tend to hate on IGN for being what it is.