Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Where the hell did you get this from? Did you even READ any of the comments people have been posting? We care very much about the review, hence why we're disappointed that the review was poorly written.

I read/watched the review and frankly I'm angry that they left little-to-none detail about the story. I wanted to hear about supersonic more.mellow.png

Did anybody notice at the end, they stated how there were not many bosses,yet they didn't give any examples of bosses besides Metal Sonic and Perfect Chaos.ph34r.png

I read/watched the review and frankly I'm angry that they left little-to-none detail about the story. I wanted to hear about supersonic more.mellow.png

Did anybody notice at the end, they stated how there were not many bosses,yet they didn't give any examples of bosses besides Metal Sonic and Perfect Chaos.ph34r.png

Exactly. As I said before, there are 7 UNIQUE Bosses in the game...I don't count that as a few bosses.

There are four bosses. I wouldn't count Shadow, Silver and Metal as bosses really. They're a bit... I dunno. Not enough to be called full bosses. Not to mention the similarities.

How are they "not bosses"? They're not like previous game character battles (*cough*SA1, SA2 and Heroes*cough*) where you could just senselessly mash the Homing Attack and win. These battles actually have a formula. A strategy to beat them. For Metal Sonic, you have to actually avoid his barrage of attacks (and from the looks of it he has quite a variety) and then strike him while he's slowing down. For Shadow, I hear it's about collecting energy cores to launch attacks. Just from the sound of it alone it seems to have a lot more depth and thought put into it than the SA2 counterpart (which was merely running along a straight path and spinning into him after he teleported forward). As for Silver, I don't know anything about his battle yet, but it will definitely be far better than his IT'S NO USE glitch fest in Sonic 06.

If the Death Egg Robot can be counted as a boss, I don't see how these can't. They all take just as much time and effort to defeat.

Character on character battles rarely feel like true bosses. Not to mention all of the 'bosses' running affairs except for Death Egg Robot and possibly Perfect Chaos (not sure, and there's not need for anyone to confirmed or deny that in this thread). Even if they are far more fleshed out than this or this, they ultimately don't have the same effect as fighting a giant mech and perhaps more memorable actual boss battle from old titles. Reviewers and such would probably remember other bosses much more than they would the characters ones.

Dis is like some kind of...weird 15 year old Sonic Fan Prodigy from teh future.

Dissident? Yes, he is one of the guys from Sega Forums who I am proud of transferring to SSMB. He does all the awesome posts that I never have to do.

• Thumbs Up 7

If the time eater is fought by both characters, wouldn't that count as two boss fights?blush.png

Did FinalHazard count as 2 boss fights?

Or did Metal Madness (Not counting Metal Overlord) count as 3 boss battles?

But since it has 2 phases I don't know.

Edited by Tmsp

I'm not he one to sprout out "lolz ign r crap at teh game" but... they're pretty crap.

IGN Green Hill Playthrough:

Edited by Neon

I'm not he one to sprout out "lolz ign r crap at teh game" but... they're pretty crap.

Remind me how a mostly standard play through without speedrunning like a crazy Japanese proxy child is supposed to signify someone being crap at the game and what significance this has, especially when they walk away with an S Rank.

• Thumbs Up 9

Remind me how a mostly standard play through without speedrunning like a crazy Japanese proxy child is supposed to signify someone being crap at the game, especially when they walk away with an S Rank.

That's because S-Ranking is incredibly easy now. Given the fact that they've actually got the game, i'd expect them to play at least better than my little brother.

• Thumbs Up 1

What Carbo said. And seeing that fairly standard run through really proves the whole "a lot of the time it doesn't feel like you're playing the game" comment. Yeah, it's just Green Hill there, but it's nothing that's particularly fun to 'play'.

I don't think it was all that bad? Some of it looked more lazy than actually bad. It could be that they don't have much experience with this level. Green Hill doesn't really require that much input anyway.

Edited by Lungo

Yeah...no. That was fairly standard. We've just been conditioned to players who know the level layout. It honestly looked like the first time we've seen Green Hill Zone.

That playthrough wasn't to bad. At least they can actually HOLD DOWN a button.

Was definitely a lot better then there OTHER run with the game.

Edited by Mephiles550
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yeah...no. That was fairly standard. We've just been conditioned to players who know the level layout. It honestly looked like the first time we've seen Green Hill Zone.

They've already played Green Hill. This wasn't their first runthrough. They've been playing the game for the past darn year.

I think I have IGN's solution.

Just replace the boost function with the triggers instead of the X button.

They'll get used to it no problem.

They aren't going to use the drift anyway.

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm more interested in the screeching sound effect at around thirty seconds in. Maybe I just haven't came to a screeching stop enough, but I don't remember that in the demo.

I'd test it out, but my 360 batteries are still charging at the moment.

They've already played Green Hill. This wasn't their first runthrough. They've been playing the game for the past darn year.

How do we know it is the same player?

How do we know it is the same player?

Since its being played by either Jack or the other guy doing the review. IGN already had been given incomplete builds prior to making the review.

I'm more interested in the screeching sound effect at around thirty seconds in. Maybe I just haven't came to a screeching stop enough, but I don't remember that in the demo.

I'd test it out, but my 360 batteries are still charging at the moment.

I noticed that, too. It reminded me of the really cartoony SFX from the 3DS version. Wasn't the one in Unleashed different?

Also, when he was doing tricks it show show how man you've done..

Since its being played by either Jack or the other guy doing the review. IGN already had been given incomplete builds prior to making the review.

I really don't see why it's so important for people with the stressing day job of having to play numerous games a day, review, write and analyze a plethora of other subjects to master the first level of one single game when doing all but a standard video play through; not to impress players with their mad skills but to show what the game has to offer.

• Thumbs Up 8