Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

...Game Informer, do you not realize that this game is a celebration of all 20 years Sonic's been around, not just the Classic era?=/ Because it doesn't seem like you do.

Not only was that review utter garbage, this "journalist" had the audacity to spoil the last cut scene of the game. I was trying my best to avoid spoilers since the leak. Thanks a lot, GameInformer.

This is an issue from the last page, but regarding GI's "since most of their readers play gritty games, they wouldn't like a light hearted game like paper mario 2", I give you this review.

"It took ages to be this good again"

I see what they did there!

.....................Ages is Sega spelt backwards. Does nobody remember the ad from back in the day? To be this good takes ages. To be this good takes Sega. Anyone?

Edited by Robuttnik

This is an issue from the last page, but regarding GI's "since most of their readers play gritty games, they wouldn't like a light hearted game like paper mario 2", I give you this review.

GI Staff Member 1: So... uh... should we get around to reviewing that new game?

GI Staff Member 2: I guess. What's it called?

GI Staff Member 1: Sesame Street: Once Upon a Monster or something like that.

GI Staff Member 2: It's an 8 then!

GI Staff Member 1: But we haven't even played it yet!

GI Staff Member 2: Once Upon a Monster, dude! MONSTER. It's totally hardcore! Our readers will love it!

• Thumbs Up 1

It goes without saying that the visuals in Sonic Generations are to die for. The classic levels look absolutely gorgeous with their high-definition makeovers. Not only that, but there’s been some subtle changes added in order to make levels even more appealing to look at.

YES!!! FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO APPRECIATES HOW GOOD THE GRAPHICS LOOK IN THIS GAME!!

This guy deserves a flippin' medal, Awesome review!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2

They [GameInformer] later backed this claim up a few issues later in an editorial where they said that they don't take their own personal enjoyment of a game into consideration, they give scores based on what they think their readers want the game to get. They said that, since most of their readers play gritty games, they wouldn't like a light hearted game like paper mario 2 and scored it low to keep their readers from playing it.

Most of their reader base must consist of a bunch of fucking wankers, then.

Edited by eXtaticus
  • Thumbs Up 1

So apparently the warning signs aren't big enough. They need to be as big as the black holes in Mario Galaxy for it to be clear enough a bottomless pit is near. Sigh...

Man, it's like the "reviewers" were waiting who would give the first 7 so they can play follow the leader or something.

Doesn't matter to me though, still hyped and ready to pick this up first thing in the morning. It just irks me that there's just so much injustice going on for Sega right now. They clearly gave it thier all, just for trivial things to bring them down. Hope this doesn't steer them in the wrong direction =/

P.S. Hello all, my first post here =)

Generations has the nasty habit of throwing you into bottomless pits and through seemingly solid scenery without warning; in Mario Galaxy, Nintendo isn't shy about showing a swirling black void to indicate danger, but this game only offers a dinky warning sign that's easy to miss while careening at breakneck speeds.

What more do you want? Seriously?

URGH! :U

If the inevitable sequel to Generations offers the same refinements Sonic 2 brought to the original Sonic the Hedgehog, Sega's blue rodent might just completely emerge from the pit of embarrassment he slowly dug for himself throughout the '00s.

They'll never let this stuff go either, this will go on forever and a day.

Edited by Modern Inferno

Decent review, I just didn't like this one bit:

In what's since become a Sonic tradition, Generations has the nasty habit of throwing you into bottomless pits and through seemingly solid scenery without warning; in Mario Galaxy, Nintendo isn't shy about showing a swirling black void to indicate danger, but this game only offers a dinky warning sign that's easy to miss while careening at breakneck speeds

Can a Sonic game go one review without being compared to Mario, whether it be good or bad?

Edit: Ninja'd, somewhat. ph34r.png

Edited by thebluehedgehog

I can't believe that reviewers are still complaining about bottomless pits, even with the damn warning signs option.

• Thumbs Up 8

I can't believe that reviewers are still complaining about bottomless pits, even with the damn warning signs option.

Apparently, like Robuttnik said, they have to be as big as the black holes in Super Mario Galaxy for it to be significant. -__-

Sometimes I can't help but think that the reviewers are giving this game low scores just to look cool

• Thumbs Up 2

"Gotta criticize something...urm,...urm- yeah, those pit markers that are put there to prevent me from complaining, I'll complain about those themselves and earn extra cool points, then complain that their gone in the next game. It's brilliant!"

Edited by Modern Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 8

Maybe Omochao should yell at the top of his lungs telling you that there is a bottomless pit nearby in the next Sonic game.

"HEY SONIC, YEAH SONIC...BOTTOMLESS PIT NEARBY, PRESS THE A BUTTON TO JUMP OVER IT!!!!!"

Great idea, isn't it? :)

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 3