Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

What will really impress me is if the show "X-play" gives it a good review. They practically despise Sonic, making jokes about it as a franchise from time to time, such as when they left out "Sonic and Eggman" from their top five gaming hero/nemises combos. They also game Colors a 2 out of 5.

So if they give it a good review then I will be insanely surprised.

Actually, they gave Colors a 3/5, mang.

http://www.g4tv.com/...-colors/review/

Edited by Dr. Hipster YoshiUnity

Both PALGN and Eurogamer Portugal reviews count for Metacritic, good, now, how often it updates the score? and... I didn't see if they reviewed PS3 or 360 versions.

Not sure if this is the right topic to post this, but I'm currently playing Sonic Generations right now. I just got through Sky Sanctuary Act 1.

Literally, the only time I died was because I was stupid enough to spindash in front of an orange sign. I was carried away by having the speed shoes powerup and thought I could risk it by jumping as soon as I let go of the button. The game says otherwise.

Now for the awesomeness that is Sky Sanctuary Act 2.

I honestly have no idea what kind of rating X-Play will give Generations. Heck, they gave Sonic Advance 2 a perfect 5 out of 5.

So according to Game Trailers, Sonic Generations is .1 better than Shadow the Hedgehog.

Wat.

So according to Game Trailers, Sonic Generations is .1 better than Shadow the Hedgehog.

Wat.

Actually they rated Shadow an 8.4.

I honestly have no idea what kind of rating X-Play will give Generations. Heck, they gave Sonic Advance 2 a perfect 5 out of 5.

In that case: 10/5 for Generations.

You know, the more and more I play Sonic Generations (the demo anyway) and the more and more I watch it, the more and more I appreciate the powerful Spin Dash. Yes at first it's kind of irritating how "baww it's not like the Classics" but actually, I think it works really well. Why you may ask? This is partially down to the fact that the level design SUITS this Spin Dash, and actually caters to it. There are sections where the level will deliberately dip, basically indicating to the player "do a fully charged Spin Dash here". Then with a timed jump,you leap forth a great distance, landing perfectly on top of a surface or even better yet, bouncing off the tops of enemies. However, it's still more restrained than the Adventure Spin Dash, and there aren't times where I feel like I'm sequence breaking, but rather legitimately leaping forth and progressing with the level with the beauty of Generations' momentum. It's a fantastic feeling, and one that allows a really satisfying level of speed and momentum, beyond even what the Classics had.

The other thing is the rolling. Yes it feels stiff at first, and almost like you're having to force Sonic down to keep him in a ball, but actually, the more I use it and the more I get used to it and understand what it's meant for. It's a lot more situational now than it was in the classics, but it does have a use. You can quite easily plough through a line of enemies with it if you keep the inputs held (down AND forward) if you have built up a decent amount of speed, and this is a faster way of killing ground enemies than jumping, and a more controlled way of stopping and spin dashing. The new rolling actually (I find anyway) offers a different sense of control. In the classics, you literally tapped down and watch Sonic wizz by at breakneck speeds down a slope. In Generations, it requires a bit more careful thought and a bit more user input to keep that momentum. One could argue it's less satisfying, but I actually disagree. The fact that by holding forward alone you can easily go back into a run (whereas in the Classics you basically HAD to jump if you wanted to get out of rolling) makes it easier to get back into the flow of things after doing your roll through enemies.

My point is, rolling is still useful in a way. It just has a much different application than it did in the classics.

In other news, that 9.5/10 review by PALGN AU was spectacular. Fantastic review. THIS people, is how it is DONE!

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 6

ATM, PS3 has a total of 79 and 360 keeps the 77...But the thing is, I don't see they didn't add any new review to the PS3 page to make it raise to 79 that I know...unless it was 1UP's 75 that achieved that

The game had guns...that was the ONLY reason why it scored so high.

Game scored so high cause it had decent ammount of replayability, nice ideas of missions and nice idea of Hero, Dark and Normal missions. I would score it 8/10 any day.

Game scored so high cause it had decent ammount of replayability, nice ideas of missions and nice idea of Hero, Dark and Normal missions. I would score it 8/10 any day.

It also had poor physics (there is no sense of proper acceleration, and no real reward for going fast), ugly visuals, very VERY sloppy controls and numerous glitches as well as some just outright horrible story elements. I would score it no higher than a 6, and that's being generous.

• Thumbs Up 1

It also had poor physics (there is no sense of proper acceleration, and no real reward for going fast), ugly visuals, very VERY sloppy controls and numerous glitches as well as some just outright horrible story elements. I would score it no higher than a 6, and that's being generous.

I still think story was nice. Unfitting for Sonic game but it wasnt disaster. But I wont argue. Opinions are opinions.

Off topic: I'd give Shadow around a 6.5, marked down for the story, controls, and graphics.

On topic: The Metacritic score for the 360 is still 77.