Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I'm still not getting where these guys are getting their "Sonic controls like ass" accusations from? Maybe it's me being blind or bigoted or something, I don't even know. May I'm just very tolerable of controls. Again I don't know. Generations' controls just felt excellent. Easily better than both Unleashed and Colours. I just don't get it. How can something as straightforward as controls feel so different to different players?

At least the review was well written and doneby someone who knows what they're talking about; even if, in my opinion, their views of how a Sonic game should be are rather narrow minded.

The jump for Classic Sonic was pretty terrible in the demo I played I Gamestop. Are there still control issues now? I'd love to know

So that's a couple reviews that have said Colours is a better game. For people that have the game, what are your thoughts on this?

I haven't beaten the entire game (Sonic Generations, I mean) yet, but Sonic Colors is a marginally better game for newer concepts and ideas.

Edited by krazeeKidd102

Generations is looking much better considering that it has enough 3D to balance out the 2D and isn't all too different from Colors regarding Modern Sonic. Some levels will screw you up, but Colors doesn't exactly have too much on this gameplay wise.

And there's more to unlock for Generations. Colors was lacking in replayability, and as soon as I beat the game I haven't played it since.

• Thumbs Up 2

So that's a couple reviews that have said Colours is a better game. For people that have the game, what are your thoughts on this?

They made it to easy to die...From falling pits

Somebody should message metacritic to alert them that the 9.5 review is up. :c

It is: its in the PS3 Review.

Personally, while I love Colors and Generations both, I think Gen is easily the stronger title. I kinda feel like people had their expectations too high or wanted their favorite stages/games represented/etc and are marking it down because it's not what they expected.

After playing Generations for about 5 hours straight and getting close to the end (probably would have beat it by now if I didn't play so many side-quests), I have to say that Generations easily seems like the better game. It seems longer, M.Sonic's gameplay is basically an improved version of the Colors gameplay, and it seems to much MUCH more replay value and content. The only complaints I really have with Generations so far is the story seems really weak and the game has a very slapped-together feeling. Basically, while the gameplay is a blast, it feels likes theirs no real reason I'm going from level A to level B, especially with so few cutscenes.

Also, on an unrelated note, this is my first time posting in the Sonic section of this forum again since the leaks back in June. Woo.

• Thumbs Up 3

And I though that the 360 was going to be the high scored one...you know...with all these control lag that was mentioned before made me think that. Looks like that the plans of buying a PS3 still stands

Edited by Vec

I have to say this may actually be the best Sonic game to date. Beating out the infamous Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

<.<

>.>

Yes I just said that.

I'll write out a full review later, but as it stands this game def gets a 9.5 from me. Only things that hold it back are the small frame rate drops and the final boss. (biggest waste of time I've ever spent in my life)

• Thumbs Up 2

I spent fifteen minutes writing a post saying why this game is my favorite Sonic game so far, only to lose the whole thing because I went back a page.

Just trust me when I say it's better than Colors.

• Thumbs Up 2

From the 9.5 review

Sonic Unleashed,Sonic Colors, and even Sonic the Hedgehog 4 weren't train wrecks, but they were far from being good.

Wut....sad.png

Edited by Soniman032-

Some people didn't think Colors was the greatest game ever? No way. :oThough it's far from being a trainwreck.

Edited by Modern Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

Now exactly a review, but considering this game is competing with one of their IP's this week, this is quite an indication of confidence.

Sony have a Sonic Generations banner on their EU blog when you visit it. The banner is on a rotation so it changes, usually you'd see things like Battlefield 3, MW 3, Uncharted 3, Killzone 3.. .. ... Reis... ... I see a pattern here... Oh! Dead Island was there a while back.

EU Sony Blog

Oddly though... when you click the banner, you see some Sonic Gen stuff... and Sonic 4 screens =p

Some people didn't think Colors was the greatest game ever? No way. ohmy.pngThough it's far from being a trainwreck.

There's a pretty big gulf between "not the greatest game ever" and "far from good", though. I wouldn't argue with someone adoring Generations while only finding Colours ~okay~, but I'm not sure I can quite wrap my head around someone loving Generations more than any other professional reviewer so far while considering Colours just a step above a trainwreck. It's just weird.