Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I read all of it. Pretty much a perfect post. Everything you said is true. The bias against Sonic with the critics knows no bounds. When Mario has flaws like that, they ignore it. With Sonic, they make sure every little flaw is mentioned and exaggerated to an insane degree. Well that's my piece here. Now to go back to masturbating over the GTA V trailer again.

I wish critics would give legitimate complaints about the level selection. Like how 4 out of 9 levels use the same city trope, instead of complaining simply because the game revisits Sonic's entire history.

In somewhat unrelated but related news, this image is totally hilarious:

20956h3.png

I think I found my new sig!

• Thumbs Up 1

So does Sonic's jump really have lag or are critics bullshitting

Certain types of TV's have slight visual lag. The longer the response-time (usually in milliseconds) the laggier the game feels. This is why PC monitors keep blathering on about how fast their response time is. A millisecond can make a world of difference to gameplay.

Maybe it has something to do with they TVs they use. Lets hope the PC will run much better with 1080p and 60 fps *drool*

EDIT: b3792437646650full.jpg'd

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Maybe it has something to do with they TVs they use. Lets hope the PC will run much better with 1080p and 60 fps *drools*

Oh yeah. If you have the PC, it will run smooth as silk.

I read all of it. Pretty much a perfect post. Everything you said is true. The bias against Sonic with the critics knows no bounds. When Mario has flaws like that, they ignore it. With Sonic, they make sure every little flaw is mentioned and exaggerated to an insane degree.

Actually I'd say it's because due to Sonic's gameplay it's just flat out more obvious. Mario games are much slower-paced but when you're going dangerously fast like Sonic the platforming issues are going to become glaringly more obvious.

I didn't experience any lag during my play.

I had a few slow down's like in the highway level, with Modern Sonic was running down the building for the longest time, the game really slowed down for me (PS3 version is what i got) I have a 60 inch T.V so to me its obvious when it lags.

That's a slightly different issue, Smexy. You are talking about slow downs of the game (framerate bogging down briefly) whereas they were talking about input/display lag. That's the delay between pressing a button on the gamepad and seeing the reaction on the screen. Here is an indepth article about it.

Edited by Korama

I have the PS3 version and have had no lag whatsoever and only a few seconds of framerate drops on rare occasions.

I have the ps3 version as well and no jump lag, my framerate never really drops it kinda just stops for a sec and continues, it rarely does it though.

I don't think this was already posted, but EGM: 6.5/10. Review by James Pikover.

Review included complaints about "high-pitched, annoying" friends, a "childish" storyline (from the reviewer himself: the cast of Yu-Gi-Oh! might as well be playing Sonic’s friends; and), and gave the 3D gameplay quite the beating, claiming that the levels are "frustrating" because "you can't see where you're going" (boost to win?) and that it's too easy to "make one wrong button press and plummet to your death." Oh and all those levels, missions, and boss fights? They are fun, but overall "unfulfilling." The game also included choppy controls and lacked the oh-so-hard-but very rewarding-moments from the classics. And since it was reimagining older levels from previous games, the game thus lacked "originality."

THE GOOD: Classic Sonic gameplay, online leaderboards (inb4 hacks)

THE BAD: Poor camera, delayed controller response

THE UGLY: It's as kid friendly as Teletubbies

What I read was this:

THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE IT HAS THE 3D GAMEPLAY AND SONIC'S SHITTY FRIENDS AND BOTH OF THEM SUXXXXXXXXXX

AND IT'S FOR KIDS WHICH OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT'S GARBAGE AND IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE CLASSICS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Now I'll leave you guys to shred this so-called "professional review" to yourselves. Or we could have turbojet and Dissendent make another analysis.

Edited by Zinos

So just for curiosity sake, on a scale from 1-10 what would you rate the moving controls for Classic Sonic and another 1-10 scale for his jumping controls.

So just for curiosity sake, on a scale from 1-10 what would you rate the moving controls for Classic Sonic and another 1-10 scale for his jumping controls.

I don't think this was already posted, but EGM: 6.5/10. Review by James Pikover.

Review included complaints about "high-pitched, annoying" friends, a "childish" storyline (from the reviewer himself: the cast of Yu-Gi-Oh! might as well be playing Sonic’s friends; and), and gave the 3D gameplay quite the beating, claiming that the levels are "frustrating" because "you can't see where you're going" (boost to win?) and that it's too easy to "make one wrong button press and plummet to your death." Oh and all those levels, missions, and boss fights? They are fun, but overall "unfulfilling." The game also included choppy controls and lacked the oh-so-hard-but very rewarding-moments from the classics. And since it was reimagining older levels from previous games, the game thus lacked "originality."

THE GOOD: Classic Sonic gameplay, online leaderboards (inb4 hacks)

THE BAD: Poor camera, delayed controller response

THE UGLY: It's as kid friendly as Teletubbies

What I read was this:

THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE IT HAS THE 3D GAMEPLAY AND SONIC'S SHITTY FRIENDS AND BOTH OF THEM SUXXXXXXXXXX

AND IT'S FOR KIDS WHICH OBVIOUSLY MEANS IT'S GARBAGE AND IT'S NOT AS GOOD AS THE CLASSICS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW

Now I'll leave you guys to shred this so-called "professional review" to yourselves. Or we could have turbojet and Dissendent make another analysis.

Jesus. This EGM review actually beats GameInformer for the worst review yet. How the heck did he even land a job as a reviewer?

DSP Gaming Sonic Generations Review:

Edited by Neon

Penny Arcade's "Tycho Brahe" comments on Sonic Generations.

I think I was probably content to let another Sonic game pass over and through me' date=' until I saw a video review at GameTrailers that used words like “Best” and “Game” and “in Decades,” all in rapid succession.

[Retroid] approaches the whole of the Sonician ouevre via some kind of mystical craw that consumes and regurgitates beings from different times. That’s great if you’ve managed to retain some kind of currency over your twenty-year span, but there’s also a lot of cultural shrapnel bound up in that idea, and upon closer examination those irregular hunks are the only legacy of these obliterated mascots.

Vectorman and Gex were also considered for the third panel, but the idea of a tiny, now irrelevant star seemed especially tragic.

Edited by VizardJeffhog
  • Thumbs Up 2