Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Why is it that whenever Generations gets a brilliant review, some random, asinine review comes out of nowhere and fucks it all up?

• Thumbs Up 1

How come all the bad reviews this game is gettting are so fucking terrible?

Seriously, it's fine if you don't like the game, but if you're gonna give it a bad score, at least have a fucking clue about what you're reviewing! Morons

God dammit, the Metacritic score is even lower than Colors. WHAT! WENT! WRONG!!1!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just pissed off with the shitty reviews. What is it about Sonic Generations that makes it worse than Colors? The delayed jump is a somewhat legitimate complaint if you have the wrong TV, and the whole foreground and background blending in is somewhat understandable, but the others about the whole "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU MAWDURRN SAWNIK SUX 6/10" bullshit boils my balls. Here's one of the best Sonic game since Sonic 3 and Knuckles and it's being criticized for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully the PC Version will receive fair reviews. But still, what the fuck?

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

What is it about Sonic Generations that makes it worse than Colors?

A terrible final boss fight and a hypersimplistic story? Plus, you say that like Colors is suddenly a bad game.

Edited by krazeeKidd102

Whoa even Kotaku is defending the game now?

lol wtf?

Yep something is fucking wrong this go around guys. At least for this game I'm a say that the review bias crap has definitively hit a whole new level. I am honestly very steamed about this because the game is not being treated on a fair front when it deserves it.

Sonic team even cut down on bullshit and depth in the presentation and story in order to make this game as inoffensive as possible.

Now we got people saying that the game is being too old school?

We have complaints about "shitty friends" that aren't even playable...hell they fucking help you if you can stomach talking to 1 on the side.

We have people complaining about PIT DEATHS WHEN THERE BARELY ANY AND THERE IS A FUCKING SIGN THAT TELLS TO BEWARE!

The game is easy as fuck boss wise and people are bitching about bosses being too hard...

We have people complaining about platforming...IN A PLATFORMER!

They might as well make a Sonic Game just like the white world in Generations in this game and put nothing in it...and just let fucking Sonic Run around in circles in the next game. Fuck!

Edited by V0YANT

A terrible final boss fight and a hypersimplistic story? Plus, you say that like Colors is suddenly a bad game.

Like those can ruin a game, are you fucking serious?

What is it about Sonic Generations that makes it worse than Colors?

One gameplay style instead of two potentially polarizing ones

Interesting powerups

Refreshing art and sound direction

Refreshing in general being the first to ditch multiple gameplay styles

Slower speeds, so less "cheap" deaths

I don't agree with all of the above, and most reviews are stupid, but it's not a crazy concept. Colors was a damn good stand alone game. Colors-> Generations is more like Sonic CD -> Sonic 2, than Sonic 1 -> S3&K gap in quality some of you guys are making it out to be. it's a natural progression in some areas, and a complete departure(arguably for the worse) in others.

And yet Colours had garbage boss battles and inferior controls to Generations, as well as simplistic and almost pointless 3D sections. I loved Colours, but I love Generations much more and it deserves a better score. Especially considering that some of these critic "complaints" were present and more prominent in Colours.

• Thumbs Up 2

And yet Colours had garbage boss battles and inferior controls to Generations, as well as simplistic and almost pointless 3D sections. I loved Colours, but I love Generations much more and it deserves a better score. Especially considering that some of these critic "complaints" were present and more prominent in Colours.

Eh..... I thought Generation's boss battles were way to short and easy (and confusing cause why was shadow fighting Sonic? <.<; it just felt slapped onto the game for no reason, come to think of it, Colors's boss battles were better for me.

Wasn't Colours the one where you got three different boss fights that were piss-easy and had to be fought twice each? I thought peeps said that they didn't like that aspect of it particularly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Uhh, are we even meant to keep thinking that reviews are the gospel and doctrine by which we're meant to play video games as said by the great TV Tropes, or define our gaming preferences by opinion? You can like a game you can like, reviews are meant to help us look for better, more awesome games for us to play. After all...

i__m_just_saiyan_by_xanthestar-d355zvd.jpg

Image © XantheStar of dA.

Edited by Rallenbear

I think Sonic is never gonna get a 90+ game on MetaCritic ever again. Its a series that is never gonna be up there with the Mass Effects, Marios, Zeldas, Uncharteds, etc of the world.

feelsbadman.jpg

I agree with you that Sonic Generations' normal boss fights pwn Colors' boss fights six ways from Sunday, but the fight against the Time Eater is one of the worst, if not THE worst, final boss fights of any Sonic game ever made. I died five times not from damage from the boss, but from losing rings while floundering around with godawful controls trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do in this huge clusterfuck of graphics. Not to mention having repetitive voice clips and bland trailer music (sure you could customize tracks, but that doesn't count).

As for the story...I cannot say it's "as campy as teletubbies" like a lot of these "critics" are saying, but it changes from "simplistic with a subtle bit of humor" to "missing a lot of missed opportunites for more subtle humor against the franchise" to "YOU CAN DO IT, SONIC! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!" in a matter of a single set of cutscenes. My biggest problem with a majority of the Sonic cast is that while they stopped making shitty alternate gameplay styles, they keep these characters around while they do absolutely NOTHING to further the story and simply appear for the sake of appearing to remind a dwindling minority of fans that they're still around. This game proves my point. Two two-tailed foxes, a strong echidna, a HEAVILY emphasized "ultimate lifeform", a bat with martial arts, a ninja, a pyrokinetic cat, and a psychic hedgehog are by the two Sonics' side, and all they can do is cheer Sonic on? Even the unlockable bios are crap; they don't even tell what game they first came from.

3D sections are a huge improvement, and I don't know what these critics are talking about. However, I do think that both Colors and Generations had their own set of control problems.

But I digress; all this is just a collection of nitpicks. I don't mind if someone likes Generations more than Colors (it's their opinion that I cannot do anything about), but I get the feeling from the coments on here that everyone forgot about Colors and starting back from square one.

In fact, why I am even talking about this here. There should be a new topic for this shit: A Colors vs. Generations topic, so to speak.

Edited by krazeeKidd102
  • Thumbs Up 1

I agree with you that Sonic Generations' normal boss fights pwn Colors' boss fights six ways from Sunday, but the fight against the Time Eater is one of the worst, if not THE worst, final boss fights of any Sonic game ever made. I died five times not from damage from the boss, but from losing rings while floundering around with godawful controls trying to figure out what the hell I was supposed to do in this huge clusterfuck of graphics. Not to mention having repetitive voice clips and bland trailer music (sure you could customize tracks, but that doesn't count).

As for the story...I cannot say it's "as campy as teletubbies" like a lot of these "critics" are saying, but it changes from "simplistic with a subtle bit of humor" to "missing a lot of missed opportunites for more subtle humor against the franchise" to "YOU CAN DO IT, SONIC! BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!" in a matter of a single set of cutscenes. My biggest problem with a majority of the Sonic cast is that while they stopped making shitty alternate gameplay styles, they keep these characters around while they do absolutely NOTHING to further the story and simply appear for the sake of appearing to remind a dwindling minority of fans that they're still around. This game proves my point. Two two-tailed foxes, a strong echidna, a HEAVILY emphasized "ultimate lifeform", a bat with martial arts, a ninja, a pyrokinetic cat, and a psychic hedgehog are by the two Sonics' side, and all they can do is cheer Sonic on? Even the unlockable bios are crap; they don't even tell what game they first came from.

3D sections are a huge improvement, and I don't know what these critics are talking about.

But I digress; all this is just a collection of nitpicks. I don't mind if someone likes Generations more than Colors (it's their opinion that I cannot do anything about), but I get the feeling from the coments on here that everyone forgot about Colors and starting back from square one.

In fact, why I am even talking about this here. There should be a new topic for this shit: A Colors vs. Generations topic, so to speak.

Devil Doom is better than Time Eater then?

1 bad boss isn't enough for me to put Colors on a higher pedestal than Generations.

I'm sorry.

• Thumbs Up 8

Eh..... I thought Generation's boss battles were way to short and easy (and confusing cause why was shadow fighting Sonic? <.<; it just felt slapped onto the game for no reason, come to think of it, Colors's boss battles were better for me.

Why did Sonic fight a Ferris wheel twice in Colours?

Colours rehashed half its boss battles (and as a result, it only has 4 legit boss battles). Two of them were so pathetically easy that it's not even funny (the Tropical Resort/Planet Wisp boss is an absolute joke. I can easily beat them both in under 30 seconds), the Sweet Mountain/Aquarium Park boss was okay, the side-scrolling bit leading up to the boss itself is nice, but the boss itself is rather pathetic. All he does is try to jump on you, and drilling him up the ass deals double damage. I enjoyed the Starlight Carnival/Asteroid Coaster boss though, as well as the Egg Nega Wisp. Colours' boss fights for me, were easily the worst part of the game.

Generations on the other hand, has 7 original boss battles (well, 4 bosses and 3 rival battles) and I'd say only one of them is a real stinker (the final one). It took iconic battles and added a new lease of life to all of them (again, barring the final battle).

• Thumbs Up 2

I think Sonic is never gonna get a 90+ game on MetaCritic ever again. Its a series that is never gonna be up there with the Mass Effects, Marios, Zeldas, Uncharteds, etc of the world.

feelsbadman.jpg

With the amount of bias against Sonic with the critics, Sonic will be lucky to have a game that gets above 80 again.