Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Just wrote up my short second opinion Sonic Generations (PS3) review to go with Slingerland's main TSS review. Should hopefully be on the site later tonight.

where is slingerland's review?

where is slingerland's review?

It's not up yet, but should hopefully be up later. Slingerland lives in the US, so it'll probably be up in the early hours of the morning here in Europe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Haven't played it (yet >.<), but I watched my boyfriend play through the game and he's already finished Planet Wisp!

From what I've seen, the level design is better than Sonic Colors, there's lots of unlockables and the music is very good! What dissapoints me a bit though is the story. I was expecting it to be lighthearted fare, but not THIS much! Even Sonic Colors had more interesting cutscenes than this despite its over the top cheesiness. All those characters... ;_;

I'll post more opinions once I actually get to play the game. Ohh, and Classic Sonic is MEGA CUTE! <3

If he does review it, he'll tear the game apart.

Which is why I'm looking forward to it. Besides he's know for being critical. Isn't that why he's one of the best reviewers out there?

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

Which is why I'm looking forward to it. Besides he's know for being critical. Isn't that why he's one of the best reviewers out there?

If his review is a load of crap I think he'll have lost credibility from me.

Okay I don't want him to give it a bad review, but I wouldn't really care.

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

I shocked it got a perfect score. I mean, no offensive, Generations is an amazing game, but not a "perfect" 10/10 kind of game. Around the mid high 8s and stuff is where I expect this game to me, with all the loop holes, not the best story and very short game in general ._.

• Thumbs Up 5

If he does review it, he'll tear the game apart.

Edited by Hogfather
  • Thumbs Up 4

I shocked it got a perfect score. I mean, no offensive, Generations is an amazing game, but not a "perfect" 10/10 kind of game. Around the mid high 8s and stuff is where I expect this game to me, with all the loop holes, not the best story and very short game in general ._.

you-can-t-be-serious-joker.jpg

........are you guys really complaining that Sonic Generations got a perfect score?

Days ago you guys were complaining about the several 7s and 8s the game was getting, and when it finally achieves a perfect score (a score that no recent Sonic game has probably gotten in YEARS), you guys are complaining about it?! I guess nobody gives a damn about this game breaking the 80s Metacritic barrier then.

I know this is the Sonic fanbase, but this is like something a Sonic troll would be complaining about.

EDIT: I know there are probably much better games than this one and that this game nonetheless has a good deal of flaws, but can't we just be at least happy for this game considering that it got such a score?

Edited by Zinos
  • Thumbs Up 1

5/5? Sorry but IMO this game doesnt deserve 10/10. Its really good game but should be rated down for story and lenght. Its strong 8/10-8.5/10 but it isnt 10/10 for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

agree with HUNTER297, but I'd personally reach 9 for it beeing a celebration game, and specially for it beeing the game which definitely brought Sonic back on top.

these little things drop the score down:

- Too short (even if side missions are quite entertaining and not so few)

- some framerate drops (it is better if you install the game in the hard drive and you download the first upgrade online)

- some modern level are really too short

- bad voice acting (the italian one)

- Plot little too childish

aside from this, I am convinced this is the best experience I've ever had since SA2

I agree. No game is perfect and there will probably never be a perfect game. Though actually, these kinds of high scores will help balance out the overall average to what it SHOULD be (i.e. 80-85 imo)

Though you guys I think are exaggerating. 5/5 doesn't necessarily mean perfect. Heck it doesn't even necessarily mean 10/10 if you're just rating on a 1 to 5 scale with no decimals. There's a massive 10% range. It could mean anything from 90-100, possibly even 80s if that's how the reviewer goes. Metacritic will set it down to be 100 yes, but that's just the tendency of the Metacritic aggregate. It's like how they regard a B to be around 75.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m