Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

That's Dreadknux's Videogamer.com review:

http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/sonic_generations/review.html

Virgin Media hosts Videogamer.com's content.

Speaking of Videogamer.com, they've now posted up the video version of their review:

http://www.videogamer.com/videos/sonic_generations_video_review.html

Just finished watching Videogamer.com's video version of Dreadknux's review. Man, they make his review sound so boring. You can tell they're just reading it out.

No PC reviews yet?

Seriously can we also stop linking that twat on youtube.

I'm afraid not hoggy. Were free to post whatever we want as long as it corresponds with the topic. and no matter how moronic SONIC1SONICHEDGEHOG is, if thats is his review then it counts as a review. we can post fan reviews along with professional ones as well.

No PC reviews yet?

I imagine the PC reviews will come in a couple of weeks or so when the retail release begins to surface, along with 3DS reviews.

EDIT: However, isn't the retail version Europe or UK only? Dunno about US PC reviews if that's the case...

Edited by ENVY

I imagine the PC reviews will come in a couple of weeks or so when the retail release begins to surface, along with 3DS reviews.

EDIT: However, isn't the retail version Europe or UK only? Dunno about US PC reviews if that's the case...

Yeah retail is only for UK. everywhere else is Steam online there should be reviews very soon.

Edited by goku262002

Yeah retail is only for UK. everywhere else is Steam online there should be reviews very soon.

Retail PC version is Europe exclusive. I hear it's popped up on Australian retailer sites too.

you-can-t-be-serious-joker.jpg

........are you guys really complaining that Sonic Generations got a perfect score?

Days ago you guys were complaining about the several 7s and 8s the game was getting, and when it finally achieves a perfect score (a score that no recent Sonic game has probably gotten in YEARS), you guys are complaining about it?! I guess nobody gives a damn about this game breaking the 80s Metacritic barrier then.

I know this is the Sonic fanbase, but this is like something a Sonic troll would be complaining about.

EDIT: I know there are probably much better games than this one and that this game nonetheless has a good deal of flaws, but can't we just be at least happy for this game considering that it got such a score?

'

I personally don't think it deserves it, but I'm not complaining about the score at all! It's awesome!

The sheer variety of scores really shows how divided the gaming world is on Sonic. We've got stuff from a 4/10 to 9//10 and a 5/5. Crazy, I don't think I've ever seen a game receive such mixed reviews.

Edited by ENVY

The sheer variety of scores really shows how divided the gaming world is on Sonic. We've got stuff from a 4/10 to 9//10 and a 5/5. Crazy, I don't think I've ever seen a game receive such mixed reviews.

Besides Unleashed and Colors, but yeah.

Hm, has the metascore been updated with the new reviews yet? I checked a few hours ago and noticed they weren't added.

I don't see why a 5/5 is such a big deal, though. Say what you will about Generations, but high scores are *good* in this case. +_+

Edited by Mega

After finally getting a chance to play more than Classic Green Hill Zone, I can safely say Generations is not a perfect game - but that's just my opinion. Is the gameplay good? Yes. Do the two Sonics control well? Yes. Is the game fun? Yes to the max! But again, that's how I personally feel about the game. I'm convinced that it deserves at least a 9, but I'm not going to complain about a 4 if the review itself is good. (Unfortunately, that didn't happen with the Gamereactor review. =/)

Uk channel CITVs show The Cool Stuff Colective has reviewed sonic generations on it you can see a boy and a girl playing sonic generations they both give it a 4 out of 5 and you cant blame them there not professionals and they only showcase modern sky sanctuary.

You can watch it here http://www.itv.com/itvplayer/video/?Filter=286463 i think only UK people can watch it though it will be erased from the site on the 5thdecember its the first thing that starts on the show

So Neo+ got review in newest issue. I am picking it up tomorrow so I'll tell whats the score etc. Then.

You know, I for one am quite happy with the reviews of what I've seen so far. I mean, I haven't gone scientifically looking at it like a lot of people will have done (and I'm not insulting those people for doing so, it's just how they roll), but from my experience the game has gotten 'pretty good but not perfect', which is precisely the vibe I got from Sonic Generations when I played it. For the most part the game is pretty fun and enjoyable, far more so than other recent offerings, but when it comes down to it a LOT can be improved upon and I'm glad that the reviews seem to be picking up on it.

Also, I disagree with quantifying opinion so giving it '4/5' '8/10' whatever is just a silly way to go about a subjective experience but hey, that's the way the gaming industry works, and for all its flaws, the system is decent enough for the majority of the time. So anyway, I think the reviews are quite accurate with the general vibe that I've gotten from playing the game, but don't quote me on that cause I've only really done a quick run through and haven't gotten into playing the vast 'meat' of the game (i.e. beaten the story, but none of the optional challenge things), so my opinion is still susceptible to change. But yeah, I'm pretty much siding with the reviews I've read so far, as long as they're not ridiculous like '10/10' or '1/10' or whatever scale they use. I mean, it's not horrible, but it's far from perfect, but for me the game does its job.

--

Also, first post back here since I left months ago. Hooray.