Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

IGNorant can no longer be said by the fanbase after seeing some of these other reviews.

No, they will...except it will go like this:

Real Sonic Fan/Us: Did you hear, IGN gave Sonic a good score!

Mr. McHerpDerp: Thats only becuz that place is filled wit Modern Sawnik Luzers! Anyone knows that REAL SAWNIK FANZ like Classixs onlY! YOU CANT SAY ignorant w/o IGN HURR DURR!

Real Sonic Fans/Us: ....

The reputable places gave the game a good reviews, it's only dumb magazines and hipster sites giving bad reviews. wink.png

"We are aware that Sonic is for babies, so in order to be hip with the youngsters, We will now trash everything about it except what other people say is good."

ekkk4.jpg

Wow. Just... wow.

I have to admit that it was fairly well written and didn't fall into most of the pitfalls that the other reviews have. I don't agree with the score, but they pretty much know what they're talking about for the most part.

Although that is a tad ironic how the best Sonic game in a while gets a 6, but they weren't heavily biased on it, if at all.

I will find it rather funny if the PC version gets the highest score...it is indeed superior.

For example GameKult gave the PC Version an 80...but the console version got 70s

I don't agree with the score, but they pretty much know what they're talking about for the most part.

Well written or not...bias is still bias....and from the sound of it...we have yet another idiot who mashed the boost button and went sailing off platforming in 3D...instead of being smart with it. The controls are fine...we all know this...we just have people blatantly blaming the 3D parts of bad controls when they just suck at 3D platforming.

What he said about the lackluster story and the final boss is indeed true though, but good points still don't make up for the bad shit.

Edited by V0YANT

Even if I sound like a Sonic fanboy when saying this, I honestly think that if Generations wasn't a Sonic game it would've got higher scores.

Edited by Neon

I'm not suprised about the PC version getting crewed out for its controls. this is the first time in a while SEGA has focused on a PC port for a sonic game they probably thought just giving the 360 version to devil's details would do it. hopefully the PC version will get enough profit and good reviews to have SEGA continue making better PC ports for sonic games.

Hey Neon, for the reviews your posting think you can make it clear which console version each review is for? thanks bud.

Slingerland's review is much in line with what I thought it would be.

Level design is getting better, but it still needs improvements. Biggest and best one I can think of, is the exaggerate the size of the stages and platforms Sonic has to jump on. Less small platforms over giant chasms.

What you get in them ranges from frivolously short to teeth-grindingly interminable because of how poorly the game communicates its expectations of you. It will take a lot of trial-and-error, or just heading to Google or GameFAQs when you're ready to huck the controller through a window.

Wut? Despite the fact that for every boss except the final one, Omochao flies around your head saying EXACTLY what to do o_o Not to mention, it's a Sonic game. All the boss barring Shadow just require you to jump/homing attack the boss in either their giant glowing ass weak spot (Death Egg Robot has his ass, Perfect Chaos has his bright glowing yellow brain that he shows right at the beginning, and Egg Dragoon has the two pods Eggman is in) or just their body when you're close/they're open. This reviewer seems to be devoid of common sense.

Apart from that, it was a very nicely written review. I'm glad about the reviewers comments as regards to the physics. It's refreshing they know how to properly play the bulk of the game, and have a good regard of Sonic's formula and what makes him good. They included points that very few others didn't and so it's definitely a review that will stick.

Slingerland's review is much in line with what I thought it would be.

Level design is getting better, but it still needs improvements. Biggest and best one I can think of, is the exaggerate the size of the stages and platforms Sonic has to jump on. Less small platforms over giant chasms.

More over, less small platforms and more cool stage mechanics.

first of all SEGA need to understand how to handle the framerate, because it is very annoying. This is my major complain.

first of all SEGA need to understand how to handle the framerate, because it is very annoying. This is my major complain.

The FPS is great on the PC version.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if I sound like a Sonic fanboy when saying this, I honestly think that if Generations wasn't a Sonic game it would've got higher scores.

Eh, to be fair, a large part of this game's appeal is the huge amount of Sonic nostalgia it has. It'd still be a great game, but it'd lose a lot of it's charm.

@slingerlands review

" Design for the engine that you’ve built and not for what you think you have built."

I think this quote describes everything in a nutshell, hence why i think it needs changing..

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

Slingers review is good/meh. I agree and disagree with some points he makes(like the hub.and crisis city sucking. disagree there.) But he makes some good points. While the modern sonic gameplay was great, In stages like crisis city(which i still like) It can be a huge problem.The stage variety...ehh, While i agree that I didn't like the fact that it was city's and nature for all the post classic era they were able to make them feel very different and not lazy.

The Bottomless pit problem I also don't seem to get. I don't see them as a huge problem. especially if this game came off as to easy.

It could just be the fact that i just don't see eye to eye with him on the series But i'm just meh with his review. He brings up good points that i admit are there but at other times i just can't agree there.(and at other times he just seems to come off as dickish(his remark at rooftop run Just kinda surprised me.).But that's just me.)

Also so disappointed that they might scrap the modern gameplay as a whole and move on with something else. But i'm open to whatever they try. Just as long as it's not Gimmick heavy.(that recolor game...)

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

NZGamer Review: 6/10

NZGamer goes to Metacritic

The music is yet another mixed bag. My nostalgia loves the new takes on the oldest music tracks, but unfortunately there’s a generous helping of newer music tracks as well, which means we get to listen to terrible lyrics about city life and how badass Shadow the Hedgehog is. Ah well, there’s always the mute button if you get annoyed…

What?

Edited by Neon

^More old is good new is bad crap. I hate how all the lower scores are the ones that count towards metacritic...

Edited by Derpy Hooves