Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

NZGamer Review: 6/10

NZGamer goes to Metacritic

What?

Why the fuck is it ALWAYS the music form the Modern games that gets attacked? And it's ALWAYS because of the lyrics which is only relevant to ONE stage.

In that case, fuck Speed Highway also since there are words in that song to.

Edited by Soniman032-

Yeah that track about how badass Shadow was didn't have to be in the- wait a minute there were no such tracks. Anyway didn't read the review I just thought that paragraph was funny, and judging by the quality and "professionalism" of it I'm not sure if I should even bother.

"All Hail Shadow" plays during his fight if he gets that glowing thingy and charges up his meter. I'd assume that's what the reviewer is talking about.

"All Hail Shadow" plays during his fight if he gets that glowing thingy and charges up his meter. I'd assume that's what the reviewer is talking about.

I never knew that, now I will purposely let him grab one next time so I can hear the song about how badass Shadow the Hedgehog is.

• Thumbs Up 1

I never knew that, now I will purposely let him grab one next time so I can hear the song about how badass Shadow the Hedgehog is.

Yeah, it's pretty easy to miss.

Also so disappointed that they might scrap the modern gameplay as a whole and move on with something else. But i'm open to whatever they try. Just as long as it's not Gimmick heavy.(that recolor game...)

If they scrap Modern Sonic, I am going to be super pissed off.

• Thumbs Up 2

All Hail Shadow is a fun little extra thrown into a boss fight for fans....and that's a bad thing? Alright. I guess more is less for these dudes.

LOL @ complaints about loading. The loading times are so small! Sonic games are about speed, so they shouldn't have...loading? Well, I guess Sonic games can't exist, since all games have loading. ALL games.

All Hail Shadow is a fun little extra thrown into a boss fight for fans....and that's a bad thing? Alright. I guess more is less for these dudes.

LOL @ complaints about loading. The loading times are so small! Sonic games are about speed, so they shouldn't have...loading? Well, I guess Sonic games can't exist, since all games have loading. ALL games.

I think they were playing on the PS3. It seems to have longer load times than the 360 version, as load times are almost non-existent on the 360 version i'm playing.

Edited by Neon

The problem is though... theres a lot of them.

Change from classic to modern Sonic... theres loading... and even when you get full control theres still things loading up in the hub world (characters etc).

Then theres the question of why you don't have control once you beat a mission, also for some reason (not sure if this is limited to the PS3) when you beat a main stage, it comes up 'saving' and you don't have any control for around 10 seconds, this gets amazingly annoying at times.

Also the online mode 'getting data' Why must it get data every time I select a new option/stage/move my d-pad?

Yeah, the load times on the 360 are no different from most other games I've played. Would be interesting to see a video comparison of the PS3 and 360 load times. I'm sure some super geek will do it at some point.

lol The load times(aside from going into levels and bosses) on the 360 are about a second. Except when you beat the final mission in an area, because the level is "restoring" and that takes time.

It's interesting that the PS3 version has problems. Shouldn't both versions be checked by reviewers, so this is mentioned in the reviews?

Yeah, the load times on the 360 are no different from most other games I've played. Would be interesting to see a video comparison of the PS3 and 360 load times. I'm sure some super geek will do it at some point.

Any owner of the PS3 version can easily jump onto Giant Bomb's Quick Look and see for themselves how slaughtered the loading times are for the 360 version.

It makes the quantity of them all the more arduous, like salt in the wounds.

Any owner of the PS3 version can easily jump onto Giant Bomb's Quick Look and see for themselves how slaughtered the loading times are for the 360 version.

It makes the quantity of them all the more arduous, like salt in the wounds.

I can't believe we're complaining about load times after the monstrosity of 06'.

I don't see what '06 has to do with this.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ps3's loading issue is probably due the lack of a HDD install option. Hope they patch that in soon, it made a world of a difference for Bayonetta.

As someone who played both the 360 and PS3 versions (don't ask...), I can attest to the PS3 loading being slightly longer. For a comparison, IIRC switching from classic to modern in the hub makes the words "now loading" appear about two/three times on the PS3 version, while the words only have the chance to appear once/not at all on the 360 version. Also, as Hogfather mentioned, the PS3 version makes you wait a few extra seconds even after the hub loads to save the game while you're free to run around in the 360 version while it's saving (and it literally only takes about a second to save in the 360 version). The PS3's loading (and saving) is far from terrible, but it definitely takes away from the experience as whole (probably more so in my case, since I played it after the 360 version), while I didn't feel bothered at all by the loading on the 360.

Edited by Gamerguy21

This was a fantastic impressions vid.  Thoroughly enjoyed it.  

Maybe it's partially cuz I'm British >.>

TB has a way of enthralling you in his vids like that. I've got to admit. I was hesitant to buy the PC version of the game in fear that it would be poorly ported, but after the good reviews I've seen, I think I take a crack at it. I don't have a 360 so I might as well.