Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

This was a fantastic impressions vid. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Maybe it's partially cuz I'm British >.>

He hates both versions of Tails.....fuck this review

Carbo can you highlight/bold the reviews that do count towards the metacritic?

I could but right now it'd be little to nothing more than a formality. The game is off of Metacritic's spotlight in favor for other new releases that have taken over due to significantly higher aggregates, and any new reviews that are added would only provide superficial changes, if any at all.

I think it's safe to say that Generations' Metacritic page won't be updated anymore. The writing is pretty much on the wall.

I could but right now it'd be little to nothing more than a formality. The game is off of Metacritic's spotlight in favor for other new releases that have taken over due to significantly higher aggregates, and any new reviews that are added would only provide superficial changes, if any at all.

I think it's safe to say that Generations' Metacritic page won't be updated anymore. The writing is pretty much on the wall.

• Thumbs Up 1

To be perfectly honest ,I wasn't expecting anything spectacular; the game, as good as it is, does nothing really new or innovative for the series, its basically Unleashed with a fresh new coat of paint, and Classic Gameplay, that's not Classic gameplay, so...yeah, why does this game deserve 9 and 10's when its basically built entirely on nostaglia and nothing else? No new mechanics, No other characters, no nothing, and nostalgia alone can only get a series over but so far, hell Zelda is has its anniversary this year, and its coming out a new game entirely.

• Thumbs Up 3

Then if that's the case (and I apologise for bringing this up but honestly...) why is MW3 getting 9s? It does nothing new at all as far as system mechanics go.

Edited by MarcelloF

Meh, reviewers still hold bias against Sonic, so frankly its stopped being a surprise that something like MW3 gets high scores while a game that did more tweaks like Sonic gets worse scores. Although on a positive note, at least Sonic isn't falling flat on his face anymore for the time being, and theres still plenty of room for him to improve, so it's not all bad.

• Thumbs Up 1

Then if that's the case (and I apologise for bringing this up but honestly...) why is MW3 getting 9s? It does nothing new at all as far as system mechanics go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I don't play Modern Warefare, so I can't really say why. And really being jealous because "X is getting more than X" doesn't really help your case. But everyone else seems to believe that the media has some vendetta against anything not a dark and gritty FPS.

But those are things that should be expected from a sequel, its like me getting rewarded for feeding my children, when its something that I'm supposed to do. Generations shouldn't be the exception to the rule, and that's why I think its not getting the praise everyone thinks it deserves. There's also the fact that all of those things you listed went towards past levels instead of brand new ones, so....yeah.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lets be perfectly honest here, Generation is no more an innovation that Sonic 3 and Knuckles (which is widely considered to be the best game in the franchise). Generation is the best in its Trilogy, just as S3K was in its trilogy (your mileage may vary for both cases).

For a game to be good, it doesn't need to genre-busting or innovative. It just needs to be a solid fun experience. Which, as far as I have heard, it is.

Isn't that enough?

Ah man, so it's over? I was kinda waiting for what Mr. big bad final boss I'm-gonna-give-Unleashed-a-3.5 Gamespot had to say about my buddy Generations over here. Must be scared. You betta keep hidin' son. I got Classy and Moderino over here ready to do da tango wit yo azz. >3> *cracks knuckles*

inb4 Generations gets a 9.0 from Gamespot now.

• Thumbs Up 3

Lets be perfectly honest here, Generation is no more an innovation that Sonic 3 and Knuckles (which is widely considered to be the best game in the franchise). Generation is the best in its Trilogy, just as S3K was in its trilogy (your mileage may vary for both cases).

For a game to be good, it doesn't need to genre-busting or innovative. It just needs to be a solid fun experience. Which, as far as I have heard, it is.

Isn't that enough?

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Word of mouth and fan opinion is that Sonic Generations=awesome.

Fan reviews are high.

I care little to nothing for "professional" reviewers.

• Thumbs Up 3

The reason I care about official reviews is that they can set the minds of a bunch of other people. If everyone had there own set opinion over the game, I couldn't care at all about official reviews.

I don't want people outside the fanbase thinking it's a bad game just because they saw a certain review.

Hope the current metacritic score goes up eventually to an 80.

• Thumbs Up 6

The reason I care about official reviews is that they can set the minds of a bunch of other people. If everyone had there own set opinion over the game, I couldn't care at all about official reviews.

I don't want people outside the fanbase thinking it's a bad game just because they saw a certain review.

Hope the current metacritic score goes up eventually to an 80.

Agreed. For now all i hear around the net(at least where i go) is great stuff and everyone is already enjoying the game or they're buying it very soon.

I just made a friend in another site buy it along with Skysword. lol xD

Anyway, it's a great game that deserves much love. I just wish some reviewers were more "professional".

Side note: All the stores near don't have anymore Generations. They say they will have a new delivery next week. Just saying

So I went in to HMV earlier and they had two games that were game(s) of the week - Modern Warfare 3 and Sonic Generations. Sonic has become a TOP SHELF GAME!

• Thumbs Up 2

Convoluted story uhh what? there was nothing convoluted with this simple ass story.

• Thumbs Up 1