Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

That is the shittiest attempt at drawing Sonic I have ever seen.

Wheres that how I draw Sanic hedgehawg video when you need it....

Wheres that how I draw Sanic hedgehawg video when you need it....

I can't for the life of me figure out what's that... paper... thing in the fifth panel.

And drawing a character off-model just to make him scary only makes him look retarded.

Critical Miss =/= The Escapist.

The whole separation between Classic Sonic and Modern Sonic is starting to piss me off. It's the same goddamn character. Fuck, while playing Sonic Generations, there were certain times where I confused one Sonic for the other during gameplay. Why? Because there are only minor fucking differences.

And because of a large amount of idiots, SEGA themselves started to do the same thing. Shit, man.

The irony behind this is that you're preaching to people who are pretty much stating the very same thing in the comic subtexts. It's a shame none of you bother to read those though, or bothered reading that comic's prequel where they have nothing but praise to give the game.

• Thumbs Up 4

Oh wow! Another "WHY THE HELL IS THERE A CRISIS CITY STAGE?!OR MODERN STAGES?!" and "BAWWW SHITTY FRIENDS!" Again it's celebrating 20 years. How hard is that to understand? But surprisingly he liked the silver boss. For replayability I love going back to the game all the time. Much more than unleashed and colors. But i can see what he means. But a 8/10 is a rent? Wow. So 9's and 10's are buys. Hmm...Still a good review though. But i'm getting annoyed at the whole reviewers say is sonic back thing. Because we all know their going to say no.

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

Why do critics complain about the modern levels being in this game? I find myself really enjoying Rooftop Run and Planet Wisp. It also comes from the same game where ScrewAttack recommended people to buy last year so why are they are complaining about it's inclusion being in this game is really stupid.

Edited by sonfan1984
  • Thumbs Up 3

Glad to see the PC version got an 83 and about the Gamespot review I think it'll be more like a 8.5 or 9.0

Edited by CanofEpicSauce

hahah if this game scores a 9.0 on GS....

System wars will flip upside down.

All the Sonic fans will be like.

"Sonic Generations > MW3/Battlefield3/>Super Mario 3DS. You mad System Wars?"

I can see it now.

Edited by V0YANT

So this game is officially great, but not dumb fuck amazing?

Damn. Maybe Sonic Team shouldn't release a game every year.

So this game is officially great, but not dumb fuck amazing?

Damn. Maybe Sonic Team shouldn't release a game every year.

More like the just have to work on atmosphere, but to be honest all SEGA games lately have been a lot more gamplay based with little atmosphere.

Sonic isn't the only one getting the "Arcadey" treatment. It seems that Sega focus right now is Fun over Meat.

Edited by V0YANT
  • Thumbs Up 1

BAWW!!! ANOTHER WHY THERE MODER-Oh wait. a enjoyable review to read that shows critcs intelligence? No bashing on stupid things? Sweet! Really though it's a great review. It looks like a 8.5/9.0

No. Guys, it's definitely an 8. If you have Sonic Genrations in your collection on GS, there will be an 8.0 next to it on your game list.

Apparently, the UK magazine known as NGamer has given the first 3ds review of Sonic Generations, with a fresh 79%.

I myself haven't seen the magazine, so can someone check their magazine to see if it's true.

Loading.se/Level Magazine 6/10

http://loading.se/re...php?review=2331

It's in swedish so you will have to google translate or something.

-sigh- Another retro purist stuck in the 90s who's butthurt about the inclusion of anything related to Dreamcast/Modern era Sonic. The reviewer even says this:

About Sonic Generation's been called Sonic Mega Drive Trilogy had it been able to live on its retro feel and make us forget about the modern Sonic's shortcomings.

-sigh- Another retro purist stuck in the 90s who's butthurt about the inclusion of anything related to Dreamcast/Modern era Sonic. The reviewer even says this:

Mind you he loved Sonic Colours. Gave it an 8.

Not looking good in Metacritic for Sonic Generations at the moment...it's now just 5 points above the average zone...

I think Generations will maintain an aboive 75%

Regardless the PC version is doing far better. So I still consider it a Win.

Only because the PC version has been reviewed by 4 sites/media so far. But I guess that's good in a way, the PC version has not got much attention so the 7/10's won't be dragged to the PC's.

I'm sure if it had attention like the console versions, it will be around where the console versions are, I'm sure of that but just a bit higher because of the controls and graphics quality.

Not looking good in Metacritic for Sonic Generations at the moment...it's now just 5 points above the average zone...

Actually, 360 is 3 points above and PS3 is 2 points above. 74 and below is considered average on Metacritic, not 70.

While it has been a bit disappointing to not see the game get in the 80's (or even 90's), it's good that the game is still in the green "favorable reviews" score and very close to 80. We've come a long way since these days. I just hope the game's considered a success in Sega's eyes.

Why is it that all the 8s and 9s don't get counted towards the Metascore, yet a 6 from some random reviewer retro purist comes out and gets added. Kinda annoying...