Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

Great. As always, the inferior version gets the better score dry.png

Unleashed, Colours, and Generations. 3 damn main games in a row.

• Thumbs Up 6

It was something like a given for me too. It's only one keyword that makes it better.

It's called "2D". eveything else can go die!

SEGA/Dimps shouldn't do a handheld version of a Sonic game next time and release only one version and nothing else!

The fact that the handheld version would likely (if the pattern continues) get better reviews, sell well, and be easier to make, gears the idea that the handheld version should be the only thing that's made wink.png

Edited by sonfan1984

It shouldn’t have a plot, it doesn’t need a plot. It doesn’t need stupid dialogue and horribly cloying voices, it doesn’t need loads of characters that look like they come from the mind of a child from the early nineties who thought that a crocodile in a leather jacket on a skateboard would be totally the most awesome thing. In fact, Generations was the perfect chance to jettison all sense of narrative and instead have a front-end that is unashamedly a collection of levels with no reason to throw them together other than the fact they’re all part of Sonic’s past.

Can I please have this facepalm?

• Thumbs Up 5

Great. As always, the inferior version gets the better score dry.png

One question, how do you know its inferior?

Have you actually played the finished game???

One question, how do you know its inferior?

Have you actually played the finished game???

very Subpar graphics, exact copy/pastas of classic levels, highway-in-the-sky design on modern levels that almost borders on being boost-to-win, lower budget, etc. It clearly has much less effort and time put into it.

Bullshit. All sega will get from this is that sonic 4 + sonic rush + lack of effort = win.

...If modern sonic would have had 3D gameplay (like it should have) it would be getting much lower scores.

This makes me rather irritated. Yeah, I know some people will say that I should ignore scores and just enjoy the game. I get that.

But I fear that these critics, who I find to be rather silly in many ways and have next to no credibility in my mind, may be able to sway Sonic Team in making undesirable games.

Maybe my fears are unfounded. I hope so. But it seems to me that the critics want nothing more than constant rehashes of 2d green hill zones.

Unleashed was bad enough (the 360 version being reated lower than the wii version and lower than sonic 06, ha!), then colors (I did like the handheld verison, but it was not as good as the console version), and now this. Darn these critics. :/

Edited by DarkDefeater
  • Thumbs Up 2

Gamingtrurth: commend the designers at Sonic Team for doing what they could, but there’s only so much one can do when you have Sonic’s miserable self-titled outing in 2006 and the Secret Rings on the Wii. Those Zones were bad then and Generations won’t change anyone’s mind. Granted they are much better than what they were, but you shouldn’t expect miracles when the original design was so poor to begin with. Practice makes these Zones a little more bearable, but I would have gladly accepted more Zones from the older and better Sonic eras.
Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

Please don't let this turn into another "Rarw people love Mario to much" Thing.

The sad thing is....it's mostly true. Most reviewers praise anything with Mario's name on it. While SEGA gives us one of the best Sonic games in the entire franchise, yet they still get criticized for the smallest, most dumbest reasons. I'm not trying to be a Sonic fanboy or anything and I'm sorry for getting off topic like this but I find it unbelieveable that IGN gave Mario 3D land a 9.5 but gave SG a 8.5, I've played both games and SG is clearly a better game.

Edited by Megabox91(Renzy)
  • Thumbs Up 2