Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I plan to buy Mario 3D Land and Gens 3DS ...when I get a 3DS.

This is off topic, though. The 3DS reviews, have they mentioned how the missions work?

The sad thing is....it's mostly true. Most reviewers praise anything with Mario's name on it. While SEGA gives us one of the best Sonic games in the entire franchise, yet they still get criticized for the smallest, most dumbest reasons. I'm not trying to be a Sonic fanboy or anything and I'm sorry for getting off topic like this but I find it unbelieveable that IGN gave Mario 3D land a 9.5 but gave SG a 8.5, I've played both games and SG is clearly a better game.

Dude, 3D land is on a handheld, you really can't compare the two.

Dude, 3D land is on a handheld, you really can't compare the two.

Yes you can, they're both platformer titles. Why shouldn't you be able to compare 2 platformers? It shouldn't even matter whether they're on a handheld game system or a home console.

Edited by Megabox91(Renzy)

Yes you can, they're both platformer titles. Why shouldn't you be able to compare 2 platformers? It shouldn't even matter whether they're on a handheld game system or a home console.

Because they both have different mechanics that make the games completely different.

Its like saying all shooters are the same because they use guns.

One is on an HD Console with the possible horsepower for beautiful graphics and gigantic, open levels. While having to render that in high speed and doing it rather well. Also has been in development for 3+ Years and had enough time for polish and was done much before the release date.

The other is on a high end handheld, with graphics that surpass last gen consoles, but fall short against the giants like PS3. also can't render and create too many massively huge levels compared to a console game.

Yeah, real fair comparison. Stop being dense.

EDIT: Not to mention they are trying to focus on very different things anyway. So even worse.

Edited by Xenos

Because they both have different mechanics that make the games completely different.

Its like saying all shooters are the same because they use guns.

I never said the same I only said comparable, you can compare a great number of elements in the games since they're both the same genre and they even have some similar level elements. You can compare a couple of elements in the

battlefield series to the call of duty series or you can even compare some of the God War

elements to the Werehog gameplay. I'm not comparing the entire games just some of the level designs and gameplay elements.

One is on an HD Console with the possible horsepower for beautiful graphics and gigantic, open levels. While having to render that in high speed and doing it rather well. Also has been in development for 3+ Years and had enough time for polish and was done much before the release date.

The other is on a high end handheld, with graphics that surpass last gen consoles, but fall short against the giants like PS3. also can't render and create too many massively huge levels compared to a console game.

Yeah, real fair comparison. Stop being dense.

EDIT: Not to mention they are trying to focus on very different things anyway. So even worse.

Graphics don't really mean a thing, and platforming games don't necessary have to have

gigantic levels in order for it to have very good

platforming, the very first sonic game didn't have

HUGE levels like Sonic3&K but it had great, creative platforming elements never before seen at that time. And Mario and sonic games have always focused on different things but they're easily one of the most compareable gaming platformers because they're level designs have some similarities no matter how long they've been in development or what consoles they've been on. And both Mario 3D Land and Sonic G can both be nominated for platformer of the year and do you honestly think 3D land isnt going to get nomitated against console platformer games like Rayman, Kirby or Sonic G just because its on a handheld?? No way! It may even win! All I'm trying to say is handheld games should be allowed to be compared to console games. It's all fair in my book

Edited by Megabox91(Renzy)

The sad thing is....it's mostly true. Most reviewers praise anything with Mario's name on it. While SEGA gives us one of the best Sonic games in the entire franchise, yet they still get criticized for the smallest, most dumbest reasons. I'm not trying to be a Sonic fanboy or anything and I'm sorry for getting off topic like this but I find it unbelieveable that IGN gave Mario 3D land a 9.5 but gave SG a 8.5, I've played both games and SG is clearly a better game.

The thing is...if a handheld game gets a higher score than a HD game, that still means that the HD game has got a lot more value in its score. The score shows how well the game fares compared to OTHER GAMES IN THE SAME CONSOLE IT'S ON.

Mario 3D Land got a 9.5, which means that it is the best 3DS game around...but that's not saying much considering that the 3DS hasn't got that many good games apart from 3D Land. Sonic Generations (HD) had to go up against juggernaut titles which means that it has FAR MORE COMPETITION to deal with compared to 3D Land.

What I'm trying to say is that a HD game with an 8.5 score is better than a handheld game with a 9.5 score due to the fact that HD games always have more competition to deal with.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2

*Goes to cons* *sees THAT con*

MUAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! This is it guys! It began! 2012 is close!

Or maybe its true! Maybe some reviewers are sane again!

Edited by HUNTER297

Did I just read that right or am I dreaming......

YUS! A reviewer who doesn't want the game to be nothing but Sonic Only!

• Thumbs Up 1

Did I just read that right or am I dreaming......

That's...the most shocking thing I've read all Month!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2