Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

At least it's starting to show a sign that critics are tired of hastily and lazily developed handheld cash-in Sonic games.

Edited by KrazyBean14

Theres only 4 reviews start panicking when we have 10 reviews and its the same score.

Also, Game Informer, y u confus mii? the HD version is superior? butt u guize hat3d it?

At least it's starting to show a sign that critics are tired of hastily and lazily developed handheld cash-in Sonic games.

Edited by 'Ferno
  • Thumbs Up 1

In regards to Dimps... I think they stopped making their own Sonic games in 2007. Rush Adventure was practically their last legit Sonic game.

From 2008 onward, they had to develop the UnWiished daytime levels, they've practically been roped in to making a sequel to the Genesis games (don't know why they didn't take Advance 1 as inspiration), and twice already they've had to make handheld editions of otherwise home console exclusive titles - Colours and Generations.

And I'm not saying that SEGA/SonicTeam are to blame in their decline of quality in regards of the majority's views. Though I find it fascinating things started to crumble a little around then.

Edited by VizardJeffhog

They'll never let the Sonic 06 catastrophe go, will they...It was 6 YEARS AGO! DAYUM MAN! If SEGA kill off Sonic then I'll be pissed the hell off, I can't live on Mario games alone because frankly, they're getting very same old for me.

Yeah, some people just can't move on and they'll still cling to Sonic 06 as a reason to still hate on the series no matter what even when his games are doing better. We know Sonic 06 sucks, it's been drilled in our heads for the past 5 years but Sonic is getting back on his feet now. I think they just mad cause Generations didn't suffer the same faith as Sonic 06 did.

I doubt they will stop till Sonic game beats or get to SA2 score on Metacritic. So far is best-recived Sonic game on relase. Every game that gets 80-85% will be "medicore" for those so called "Journalists".

Games that gets 80-85% counts as medicore to critics? Wow. No wonder nowadays some people treats an game that recieves under a 9 score as terrible and not worth buying.

Gee, I wonder if critics will still be moaning about 06 by the time the 30th anniversary rolls around.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gee, I wonder if critics will still be moaning about 06 by the time the 30th anniversary rolls around.

Then that's...just...sad. I really can't say anymore than that.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

Shadzter posted this the other night. It seems like some critics still want Sonic to die, despite his more recent games.

http://www.oxm.co.uk...hey-never-make/

I got an idea for Sega!

They should add insult to injury by making another Sonic game that gets mostly good reviews!

Sega - "What's that OXM? No more Sonic Sequels? Okay, then."

*2 years later*

Reviews - This Sonic game gets a 9 out of 10. Sonic is still going strong.

OXM - DAMMIT!

• Thumbs Up 1

TSSZ just posted their review of the 3DS version: http://www.tssznews.com/2011/11/23/review-sonic-generations-3ds/

3/5

Is Sonic Generations 3DS worth the full retail price? With such a short main adventure, a third of the content borrowed too closely from familiar sources, I’d have to say no. The unique levels don’t share the same design depth of the console version, and even if you were prepared to play extra Mission content, you’ll find most of it locked away even after a trip through all the stages. It disappoints me to say this, because Dimps built the closest thing to a Classic Sonic engine we’ve seen since the Genesis days, yet the levels they put it in are either recycled from other sources, or don’t give it a chance to shine. Modern Sonic’s levels feel more robust, but focus too much on the boosting mechanic getting you through everything, and once Classic Sonic picks up the Homing Attack, the boost becomes the only major difference between them. This is by no means a bad game, but Dimps did not step outside of their comfort zone, and they turned in too short and too simple an effort this time.

Wait, WHAT?

It disappoints me to say this, because Dimps built the closest thing to a Classic Sonic engine we’ve seen since the Genesis days, yet the levels they put it in are either recycled from other sources, or don’t give it a chance to shine.

There might be hope for Sonic 4 after all....

Classic Sonic speaks in exclamation points, question marks and musical notes, again highlighting how strange it is for him not to talk, instead of working around it. And since he already knows the Homing Attack now, the ending was altered to him learning a different move. One befitting a Dimps game.

*facepalm*

Sadly I saw this coming D: I really believe they probably made the handheld version within the last year or so, and rushed it out... @_x

They'll never let the Sonic 06 catastrophe go, will they...It was 6 YEARS AGO! DAYUM MAN! If SEGA kill off Sonic then I'll be pissed the hell off, I can't live on Mario games alone because frankly, they're getting very same old for me.

• Thumbs Up 1