Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

It's not Toad, it's Kinopio! My Super Mario Advent Calendar from Matalan says so thus it must be ri...

I predict that the 3DS version still has a bit to fall, going back on the topic of reviews.

I don't get it, Eggman is the real name.People like Robotnik, it sounds cool. I get it. But the name wasn't "changed", it was restored to the original intent of Sonic's creators.

Maybe they should go play some Rock Man...

I would give it at least a 6 just because of multiplayer if anything. The levels really are way too bland to be give any big praise

Also,let's get one thing straight here;

HIS FUCKIN NAME IS ROBOTNIK NOT EGGMAN YA MODERN MORANS! EGGMAN IS HIS FUCKIN HENTAI FAYGET NAME IN HIS FUCKIN HENTAI GAMES WHERE HE FUCKS HENTAI SANIK'S 6 FOOT QUILLS WITH HIS FUCKIN BUTTCHEEKS CLAPPED TOGETHER!!!

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would give it at least a 6 just because of multiplayer if anything. The levels really are way too bland to be give any big praise

Also,let's get one thing straight here;

HIS FUCKIN NAME IS ROBOTNIK NOT EGGMAN YA MODERN MORANS! EGGMAN IS HIS FUCKIN HENTAI FAYGET NAME IN HIS FUCKIN HENTAI GAMES WHERE HE FUCKS HENTAI SANIK'S 6 FOOT QUILLS WITH HIS FUCKIN BUTTCHEEKS CLAPPED TOGETHER!!!

Edited by Dreamcast
  • Thumbs Up 3

I would make fun of you for that outburst, but frankly you did such a good job ridiculing yourself that I'm hopelessly outmatched. Congratulations.

Anyway, I'm curious how many of the Classic stages are not copy-pasted. I know the dreamcast era has to have new content, since no 2D counterpart exists, but are the Sonic Rush and Sonic Colors (DS) levels left as-is?

Anyway, I'm curious how many of the Classic stages are not copy-pasted. I know the dreamcast era has to have new content, since no 2D counterpart exists, but are the Sonic Rush and Sonic Colors (DS) levels left as-is?

• Thumbs Up 1

WHICH, was based off the formula of running from left to right and hopping on platforms, which was created by the Mario series, which was based off the characters from the Mario bros arcade games, who come from the Donkey Kong arcade games, which came from Shigeru Miyamoto, who was inspired from arcade games in general, which, goes all the way back to....

pong-small.png

So, it can be deducted through science that Sonic 4 is an ultra extended bastardization of Pong.

The bastards.

Im sorry I have to do this but..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJqicM6x84

...I know it's late but... if you combine both of these posts, this is what you get.

Overall I suppose both the 3DS version and HD version are getting fairly decent reviews, nice job, things are on the up and up hopefully.

Edited by Silencer226
  • Thumbs Up 8

As long as Sonic Team continues to open their hearts and minds and live and learn from their mistakes they can show what their made of by reaching for the stars because the possibilities are neverending.

...And you call yourself Batguy. I should slap you for making such horrid puns...

So i'm guessing since its the end of november the review scores on metacritic are pretty much cemented on where they're at right? or is metacritic still missing some reviews?

• Thumbs Up 1

Game Informer: Now to get to the goal post.

Troll Post: Bye.

Game Informer: Fuck!

Troll Post: You mad, bro.

Game Informer: Yeah, I'm mad. Here's a 6.5/10

Troll Post: Trololololololololololololol.

I've seen that same comment in the Crisis City music video.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yes, yes it is...well, I'm enjoying the crap out of it but I don't know about you guys.

Same here.

Friend: STOP PLAYING SONIC M************R! xD

Me: U mad friend?

Friend: Yeah, i need you on Dark Souls! :P

Me: F*ck Yeah!

True Story. :D

In any case if every main title is like Generations quality wise then spoil me Sonic team.

This isn't really a *review* per se, but Video Games AWESOME did a live stream on Generations. They played it up to City Escape, and it seems they really enjoyed it.

If you watch it though, be warned: these guys are NOT skillful, so don't expect any displays of awesomeness here. Apparently they don't have much experience with the franchise, so there are plenty of laughingly bad amateurish mistakes to be found, and it can be a little grating for us long-time pros. But they're clearly having fun with it, and that's all that matters. happy.png

Edited by Speederino
  • Thumbs Up 1

This isn't really a *review* per se, but Video Games AWESOME did a live stream on Generations. They played it up to City Escape, and it seems they really enjoyed it.

If you watch it though, be warned: these guys are NOT skillful, so don't expect any displays of awesomeness here. Apparently they don't have much experience with the franchise, so there are plenty of laughingly bad amateurish mistakes to be found, and it can be a little grating for us long-time pros. But they're clearly having fun with it, and that's all that matters. happy.png

So they did like it in the end? Well, that's good. I tried to watch it, but I couldn't take watching how terrible Fraser is at that game. I did laugh uproarishly when he said he disliked when the developers put platforming in a Sonic game. Evidently, he never played Marble Zone.

Edited by Grumpy Old Guy
  • Thumbs Up 1

So they did like it in the end? Well, that's good. I tried to watch it, but I couldn't take watching how terrible Fraser is at that game. I did laugh uproarishly when he said he disliked when the developers put platforming in a Sonic game. Evidently, he never played Marble Zone.

I enjoyed looking at the live chat when he said that. "How DARE they put platforming in our platformers!"

Edit: I've been watching a bit more of it, Fraser's harping on the platforming can actually get kind of annoying, and at some parts he blatantly starts blaming the game for his suckiness. "You really have to memorize these levels before you can get through them."

Uh, no. No you don't. Just stop trying to rush through the platforming sections and don't use the spin dash for absolutely everything. I wasn't expecting them to be like me and S-rank every single level the first time through, but falling repeatedly on the exact same spikes and pits gets really annoying to watch at times.

Edited by Speederino