Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

My God, the Chao Garden is so overrated...GO PLAY SOME POKEMON!!!! DAMN MAN! dry.png

Why raise a bunch of critters to excel at combat 'n' stuff in a Sonic minigame when there's already a full game based on that?

For once, I agree with everything IGN says. It's good, but blown out of the water by the console version. The classic levels are great (although lazy) because they are EXACT RECREATIONS, but the modern levels, while still fun, can't compare.

(And no complaints about friends in this review? Woohoo!)

Edited by Christmas Warp

For once, I agree with everything IGN says. It's good, but blown out of the water by the console version. The classic levels are great because they are EXACT RECREATIONS, but the modern levels, while still fun, can't compare.

(And no complaints about friends in this review? Woohoo!)

Personally, I'd say one of the reasons the classic levels are shit is because they are exact re-creations. Talk about lazy.

Edited by ENVY
  • Thumbs Up 3

and it for damn sure isn’t about Sonic experiencing a blossoming social life with other random animals with attitude.

This just in, having a social life is bad for video game characters.

I wonder what they would say if Mario used more than just the usual 3 or 4 characters in their games.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Random characters??? Haven't they seen any of Sonic's friends in any other game apart from Generations?

I wonder what they would say if Mario used more than just the usual 3 or 4 characters in their games.

Nothing...as usual dry.png

Edited by KrazySanta14
  • Thumbs Up 2

Games like Sonic 4 or what not did the 2-D gameplay just right with the right sense of speed and the course. Generations didn't really do a good job of doing so.

Gonna have to disagree with this. Between Sonic 4's physics and... DIIIIMPS syndrome, it just doesn't feel near as polished to me as the Sonic Generations stages, which had gimmicks, platforming, and other elements of classic Sonic gameplay style.

But eh, opinions.

They'd either probably go on about how revolutionary and innovative it is or complain about it and then say how it's only a minor nitpick and not knock points off for it.

• Thumbs Up 3

Am I a bad person for being somewhat glad to see the 3DS getting these low scores? Sega should just let Dimps do their own thing instead of shoehorning them into making inferior cash-in versions of the console games. I liked Colors DS and Generations 3DS but they are just so bland compared to their console counterparts.

Edited by Derpy the Snowmare
  • Thumbs Up 5

Not a review, but an article from Metro had a section on Generations.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/884214-games-inbox-sonic-generations-surprise-xbox-dashboard-and-skyrim-apathy

Pretty positive, although it basically boils down to "I haven't played a Sonic game in over 10 years, but he's bad."

He also complains about other characters because he hasn't seen them previously.

"Sonic's mojo is back" As 90's as it gets?

mojo_the_hedgehog_by_exshad-d4iilwe.jpg

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thought this when I read that line..

Edited by EXmas-shad
  • Thumbs Up 5

Metacritic has been updated. Xbox 360 version is down to 77%, 3DS version is down to 65%, PS3 version has not moved.

Metacritic has been updated. Xbox 360 version is down to 77%, 3DS version is down to 65%, PS3 version has not moved.

Damn, man, this game deserves far better then that, especially the 360 version!

Edited by Christmas Warp

what made the 360 version go down a point?

EDIT: Hmm strange. i went to metacritic and in the search results page it did say 77/100 but when i went to the 360's page it still said 78/100. a mistake perhaps?...

Edited by goku262002

Yeah, I see that metacritic difference now, although it was definitely 77% earlier. The system seems confused. :/

Edit: And the 3DS search has it at the original score of 67% while the specific page has it at the new score of 65%. WTF.

Edited by VEDJ-F