Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I'm really starting to hate how Sonic 06 is the only Sonic game worth mentioning and all the others after dont matter.

I dont know, I just found the review incredibly fucking annoying.

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe Sonic 06 is the last game he played or he wants to remind the viewers how bad that game is by poking fun at a different game while playing/reviewing Generations (a better game and he should be focus on that and not Sonic 06)

Just dislike the no-named moron and move on. User reviews don't bother me that much considering half of the time its a SONIC1SONICHEDGEHOG clone raving on about eye color and shit like that.

Um, the fact that most other reviewers out there gave Generations around a 7 or 8 kinda says a lot about the dissenting opinions on the game.

Wow am disappointed with the commentS. "Oh he was so right. His points are valid! Your just a dumb sonic fanboy that's butthurt." Wow people....Classy. Just wow. And what do they say to defend him?"HE'S A SONIC FAN LIKE YOU GUYS! SO HE CAN BASH THE GAME FOR IT'S FLAWS WHICH ARE CLEAR." It's not even a review, Just a rant on sonic. So how are his so-called "points" valid?

Arron's all like, "It's his opinion!"

Oh wow, GEE! Really? I guess the concept of criticism must be new to you, despite the fact that you do it all the time, huh?

I wonder if they end up coming here like Dead3ye did. At least he was friendly enough for us to welcome him warmly, cuz I don't think anyone from GI will be friendly in anyway coming over here.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Taco-Man Plays Sonic Generations

It's pretty evident that he hasn't touched a Sonic game in the last 5 years. The video is mostly filled with him mindlessly bashing Sonic's friends and clips of Sonic '06 (as if they're relevant).

I skipped ahead, watched ten seconds, and closed it. Christ, this guy has the most obnoxiously annoying voice I've heard in a while.

• Thumbs Up 1

I skipped ahead, watched ten seconds, and closed it. Christ, this guy has the most obnoxiously annoying voice I've heard in a while.

He sounds like Kermit the Frog...laugh.png

Yep, Sonic 06 will never be forgotten. The whole "DE SAWNIK FRANCHISE SUX BCAUSE OF SAWNIK 06 AND DE WEREHOG" thing is so ancient it's not even funny...and yep, another person who forgot about SONIC FRIGGIN' COLOURS!

*sigh* FORGET IT...forget it. I'm gonna play some Battlefield 3, I've got better things to do than to talk about this guy.

P.S - You can turn off Omochao, you fish.

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 2

The reviewers who still bashes the werehog in games where he's never mentioned/doesn't appear in it's almost like they want him to return again cause they never shut up about him. Yes, we know Sonic 06 sucks. They've been hammering that into our heads for 5 years now. It's getting old.

• Thumbs Up 6

Haha, I'm friends with a friend of Taco Man's. He and I both helped that friend host a stream of Mega Man Legends one time.

But even I was disappointed in his video for Generations. As he said at the start though, he usually only reviews older games... and that's mostly what he plays in general. He doesn't know anything about the last 5 years of Sonic games because he didn't pay attention to it, and just made the incorrect assumption that the games hadn't been getting steadily better since then. That's not really an excuse though; what it boils down to is he tried to review a modern Sonic game just because it claimed to be like the old games he normally reviews, without doing any research first or realizing how redundant he was being in his flawed criticism.

Anyways, I suggest watching his actual cartoon animations on Newgrounds if you want to see his good stuff.

Unitlost.com: Is It Pure?

It's pure, as well as crazy.

laugh.png

Why do no casual gamers on the internet know how to play Sonic game?

• Thumbs Up 2

This topic might be old, but here are a few more reviews. These are in German though, but hey:

http://www.gamezoom....st_Review-24261

"Sonic in Höchstform!"

("Sonic at his best!")

9/10 - from gamezoom.net

-------

http://www.xbox-liveforum.de/wbb2/spieletest-review-Sonic-Generations.php

"Ich kann jedem, der Sonic mag oder ein Fan von Jump & Runs ist, nur empfehlen, sich das Spiel zuzulegen." ("I recommend this game for every Sonic fan out there, as well as Jump & Run fans")

88%

-------

http://www.spieletes...ic-generations/

"Sega ist definitiv auf dem Weg, Sonic wieder an die Spitze der Jump and Runs zu bringen. Somit bleibt mir nur noch zu sagen: Alles Gute Sonic!"

("Sonic is definatly on its way to become one the tops of the jump and run genre. There is one thing more to say: Happy birthday Sonic!")

88%

-------

http://www.iamgamer....ack-on-stage/2/

"Ich hatte letztes Jahr bereits meinen Spaß beim Testen von „Sonic Colors“. Der exklusiv für die Nintendo Wii erhältliche Part, war das vorbereitete Comeback für diesen starken Auftritt. Sonic Generations macht nahezu alles richtig"

("I had a great time reviewing Sonic Colours. The Wii exclusive game prepared us for Sonics strong comeback.")

84%

-------

http://www.gamecapta...ml?page=Wertung

"Abwechslungsreiche Levels voller Abzweigungen, der Geschwindigkeitsrausch ohne Steuerungsmacken, der mal klassische, mal rockige Soundtrack und die gelungene Optik"

("Levels with tons of variety thanks to multiple branching pathways, no problems with controls while in top speed, classic and rock soundtrack and great graphics.")

85%

-------

http://www.gamona.de...le,2010125.html

"Es ist schnell, es ist spritzig, es ist aufregend und mit Geheimnissen nur so vollgestopft."

("It's fast and frenetic, exciting and full of surprises.")

85%

-------

http://www.zockon.de...ions.html#fazit

" So ganz nebenbei bemerkt ist es auch das beste Jump´n´Run für Microsofts Heimkonsole. Happy Birthday Sonic."

("On the side note, it's pretty much the best jump and run game for Microsofts gaming console. Happy birthday Sonic.")

90%

-------

http://xbox360.gamin...ions/406-5.html

"Sonic Generations schafft nach Sonic Colours das zweite Mal am Stück, den sagenumwobenen Sonic Cycle zu durchbrechen. "

("Sonic Generations breaks the Sonic Cycle once again, just like how Sonic Colours did it")

90%

-------

http://www.looki.de/...st_a5068_3.html

"Sonic Generations bietet Spielspaß für Jedermann. Während auch Anfänger pfeilschnell durch die Level plästern, finden Profis genug Möglichkeiten, ihre Bestzeiten zu verbessern und diese mit Gleichgesinnten online zu vergleichen."

("Sonic Generations offers fun for everyone. Newcomers are able to speed through the levels, and advanced players will try to compete on online mode")

-------

http://www.gamers.de...s-comeback.html

"Fans der Mega Drive-Teile werden speziell Gefallen an den 2D-Stages finden, während Fans der Dreamcast-Teile die 3D-Abschnitte bevorzugen werden. Fakt ist jedoch, dass beide Varianten super gelungen sind. "

("Fans of the Megadrive titles will like the 2D levels, while Fans of the Dreamcast titles will like the 3D Areas. The fact is, both modes are superb.")

85%

Edited by TheBlueHedgehogAUT

NickonAquaMagna is an absolute legend. Best review I've seen of the game easily:

13:38: "In the Adventure games, no matter how fast you were going, you could turn easily". And this was a good thing because? It was twitchy as hell at high speeds! Still, great review, even if I don't agree with him 100% of the time.

Edited by Chaos Warp

13:38: "In the Adventure games, no matter how fast you were going, you could turn easily". And this was a good thing because? It was twitchy as hell at high speeds! Still, great review, even if I don't agree with him 100% of the time.

Well the reason why I thought it was such a fantastic review was less because I agreed with everything he said (which I actually didn't when I think about it, but I did agree with most) but more how he presented it. It was clear he knew exactly what he was talking about. It was informative, intelligent, entertaining and even quite funny at times.

48 minutes?! Can you post a small summary of the review?

It's quite hard actually, I'd need to watch it again really. His points are actually all rather concise. Main reason why it's long is because of the depth he goes into.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ehh, I disagree with him on moving at top speeds, the cut-scenes/story/sonic's voice and the homing attack being their for classic. I personally find it fun to use. Their was a few of other things i disagreed about but I loved his review!He was honest, and he had things i disagreed with. That's what i like in a review. Just enough that i could discuss My views compared to his.

Edited by the hedgehogs boost

Yahtzee's review wasn't quite as critical as I had imagined it would be, actually. He seems to like Classic Sonic well enough, and to top things off he compared Sonic Colors to Resident Evil 4. That could have been a lot worse then it was.

Huh, he compared Sonic Colors to Resident Evil 4. That's quite the compliment.

Yes, I'm aware that the rest of the review was negative, but "Yahtzee said something negative" basically means the same as "Yahtzee said words". He spent half the Portal 2 review complaning, fer goodness sake. Still entertaining, though.

Eh, I kinda expected something more negative from Yahtzee since he's basically like that to most games out their, including Mario. Only thing to nitpick are the "Nobody likes the other Characters" and the Sonic 06, but that would be too easy to say he's wrong about the former (and he's probably doing that on purpose) and Sonic 06 is just another dead horse someone else decided to beat.

Now looking through the comments and the forums on the site about Generations, they seem pretty positive about it for the most part with some being disappointed in it. The ones who seem to complain about the levels beyond SA2 being around still appear to have their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles on. But opinions seem to shift more into the positive light nowadays.

But yeah, I'm actually somewhat surprised.

Also, here's a good laugh from one of the comments that gets chewed out by some of the others.

I haven't heard a single person or reviewer say Sonic Generations is good, Ciprian.

HAHAH! I can't even call this trolling. Even more when the commercials put the scores of who said Generations was good.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Now looking through the comments and the forums on the site about Generations, they seem pretty positive about it for the most part with some being disappointed in it. The ones who seem to complain about the levels beyond SA2 being around still appear to have their rose-tinted nostalgia goggles on. But opinions seem to shift more into the positive light nowadays.

Speaking as someone who hangs around the Escapist forums a lot, I can pretty much confirm that most everyone there has nostalgia glasses on. All the time. Easily the most cynical bunch I've seen online.