Awoo.

The Sonic Generations Review Topic

Carbo

I thought the comments section was full of people that said "Well i thought the game was pretty fun." I never saw anyone say "Well what did you expect?" Also why mention sasasr? That game was looked upon in a positive light by almost everyone. Why not mention 06,black knight, sonic heroes(ps2)?

If he mentioned those it would say a lot about him, particularly how he can't look through the past and ahead into the future, for one.

It's Yahtzee. What else would anyone expect?

He's the only person not worth defending the game against because that's his whole schtick in the long run anyway.

The fact that he was expecting backlash actually says a lot tho. Goes to show he's just pulling people's legs, even if he's serious.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic
  • Thumbs Up 3

Ugh, I tend to stay away from people like this. I personally find his videos not to be funny anyways (it always comes off as if he's trying way too hard to be witty). The part of that blog post mostly annoys me* is when he acts like the game doesn't have a clear audience due to him acting like older fans who grew up with the series and have a ton of nostalgic attachment to it don't exist because he simply chooses not to pay attention them/us. This is especially shown in the way he somehow interpreted the general response to his video review to be "well, what were you expecting", which in reality it seemed to be much more along the lines of "Really? I played this game and liked/loved it". Well Yahtzee, just like how you block your ears and go "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" towards anyone who disagrees with your opinion, I will do the same to you.

*Other than pretending Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing was a bad game and that it is a reason for Classic to not look foward to his future. Seriously, what? Not only is it a spin-off, but it was also a critically praised game.

• Thumbs Up 1

Even people in the comments section pointed out that the true general response was "I liked this game" (Myself included) . But when it comes down to it, I don't really care that much. SASASR was certainly an odd example, but it's just Yahtzee. I actually take more umbridge with the guy in the comments who says that every Sonic fan is a furry. Come to think of it, why haven't I responded to him yet?

LOL, he used SASASR as an example of a bad game. What a joke.

That game is 1 million times better than Mario Kart Wii IMO. It's one of the best kart racing games I've ever played.

• Thumbs Up 2

His indy games suck anyways.

Oh, the "so obscure and different than mainstream" bullshit doesn't really work in video games when your games are shit.

Edited by turbojet

It got a 6 for originality.....Yeahhhhh. Still a okay review. But i'm surprised he admitted that to him 3d is less linear than 2d sonic.

Single Player:

8.5/10

Originality:

6/10

Story

5/10

Value

7.5/10

Visuals

9/10

Audio:

9/10

Casual Gamer:

8/10

Does that really come out to a 7.7?

I played through a portion of this recently and thought it was alright. The problem to me is that even with some of the new mechanics the gameplay is still seriously dated. People just don't play these types of games anymore.
Hahahahahahha! Oh your serious?mellow.png yeah we don't play platformers anymore. all except kirby, ratchet and clank, kirby, donkey kong, etc. other than that yeah we don't play games like this anymore.tongue.png

Drs. Eggman and Robotnik.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Edited by The Amazing Spiderman

So, pretty much, 95% of the reviews can be summed up as "BAWW! THERE'S AN 06/UNLEASHED/COLOURS STAGE IN THE GAME! THROW HOLY WATER AT IT!"

So, pretty much, 95% of the reviews can be summed up as "BAWW! THERE'S AN 06/UNLEASHED/COLOURS STAGE IN THE GAME! THROW HOLY WATER AT IT!"

lol, those reviewers can go suck it. They already knew that the game will have modern stages and quite frankly I find them a lot of fun. I find both C.Sonic and M.Sonic Rootftop Run better then the original.

HA! Get a load of this! So if you look at my comment in the raging nerds review i got a reply. These guys didn't even have the balls to come up with a good response. Instead they give me a generic

We appreciate your feedback, and value your contribution to the site.
Just shows that these guy's can't admit to hatin on the game because of dumb reasons.lol

• 2 weeks later...

Those negative reasons are just BS. There is no way those reasons held it from breaking out a 9.

Yeah, they truly are. The first one in particluar, which is outstandingly bad:

"Levels are from past games."

Um....

Ummm...

THAT"S THE WHOLE POINT OF THE FUCKING GAME YOU MORONS!!!! Sorry, but that's just stupid!

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone else get the feeling that in the end scene with amy hitting knuckles, that it was a reference to fans and critics? Knuckles being the critics and Amy the fans.

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone else get the feeling that in the end scene with amy hitting knuckles, that it was a reference to fans and critics? Knuckles being the critics and Amy the fans.

That's kinda grasping at straws, honestly.

Dunkview Review: Hippopotamus/14

I see he's trying to do the whole random yet funny JonTron thing except... It doesn't really work well

That's kinda grasping at straws, honestly.

True, but it would be kind of funny if it's true.

Knuckles: "I'll admit, you didn't do half bad Sonic."

Amy: "Half bad!?" *Attacks Knuckles*

Edited by BlueChaos

• The topic was unpinned