Awoo.

New Generations footage

Ryan92

Ok I liked that more than the original but then again I didn't like the original SSR at all. Is all that autotuning really necessary?

I prefer the original version of the song because it wasn't bogged down by annoying vocoder / auto-tune.

It really doesn't work for a lot of things.

Edited by Chooch

>Knuckles race in Green Hill Zone takes place at sunset

>Knuckles in Green Hill Zone at Sunset

>Knuckles in Sunset Hill Zone

:V

If we get a reference to the Knuckles cutscene in Sonic Advance 3 (or 2) than Sonic Team could have all of my children

• Thumbs Up 2

Are you guys still mistaking a vocoder for auto-tune?

While I don't dig the song much myself, I was just about to post something like this. Vocoders can be cool if used properly, Pendulum has used them a bit and their music is amazing. Auto-tune is supposed to be used to correct oddities in your voice, but people crank it up to ridiculous levels and you get that t-pain sound. But Vocoders sound distinctly different imo.

Either way, the race footage was pretty cool. I cant wait to try this game!

• Thumbs Up 1

And please, just a mission, not a tack on at the end of the actual stage.

Well, it wasn't that the end section of SA1's Speed Highway was bad (I actually thought it was very nicely designed). It was just EXTREMELY out of place. You spent the entire level running through these crazy swerving highways in the sky with this dynamic music in the background and dark towering skyscrapers surrounding the place. Then you run at high speeds down a skyscraper whilst getting chased by a load of cops in the black of night. Lights flashing, music pumping, glass shattering.....only to end up on the ground in a town in broad daylight, where the pace dramatically drops and the mood becomes a lot lighter. It just seemed like a really odd way to end the level.

Edited by SiLeNtDo0m
  • Thumbs Up 1

At Dawn seems perfect for a mission act.

Need the At Dawn song? Mission acts apparently have their own set of songs depending on the situation.

Need a change in lighting? The engine allows darkening and lightening to resemble dusk and dawn.

If At Dawn is included, I want to start right near daybreak, and about 30 seconds in, the sun rises in the background and suddenly LENS FLARE and it's morning.

This probably means that we're going to see different times of day for each stage. biggrin.png

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus

Peaked at the mission. Didn't see much but it looks sweet, although that music is annoying. I've liked most of what Cash Cash has done for the series so far but that was...unpleasant.

I've never been a huge fan of Super Sonic Racing anyway, so I didn't find that remix too offensive. For a Sonic vs. Knuckles race, though, I really wish they'd done a remix of this:

• Thumbs Up 2

Sky Sanctuary at night or during a storm would be sexy as hell! So at Dawn is sorta confirmed in other words.

Or seaside hill during a sunset. Well we did see that in a way for multiplayer.

• Thumbs Up 1

I do hope they change things up for each one, I mean it would get quite redundant if they used the sunset thing for every other character race mission

Also I am disappointed by Amy's race in Sky Sanc not getting much of an aesthetic change

Would ya look at that: ANOTHER German preview. At this rate, we could be led to believe that they're gonna just handing out free copies on the streets.

EDIT: Changed "leak" to "preview" (bonks self over the head)

Edited by The Place-Rocker

Would ya look at that: ANOTHER German leak. At this rate, we could be led to believe that they're gonna just handing out free copies on the streets.

• Thumbs Up 1

After hearing the SSR remix, I'm really hoping Cash Cash stops being a musician for the Sonic series. I loved the Big Arm 3DS song, but alot of his other songs are just annoying.

Anyway, I'm excited for the missions, because at first I thought they were just gonna be the same level designs with extra gimmicks, but it looks like the level design is switched up completely! (I didn't watch the whole vid though).

This isn't a leak. The same site released the footage of both variants of Chemical Plant and City Escape a while ago. It's all stuff they're allowed to show off.

I was going back and forth about whether or not it was a leak or a preview. Lo and behold...

Anyways, not a huge fan of Cash Cash, but the remix is pretty decent I must admit. I wonder if the giant Badniks are destructible...

This probably means that we're going to see different times of day for each stage. biggrin.png

This is probably the only thing that would make me more excited for this game than I am now.

Sky Sanctuary @ sunset, with the sun looming just over the background, City Escape at night = Radical Highway homage, Rooftop Run night as a homage to Werehog levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

After hearing the SSR remix, I'm really hoping Cash Cash stops being a musician for the Sonic series. I loved the Big Arm 3DS song, but alot of his other songs are just annoying.

Anyway, I'm excited for the missions, because at first I thought they were just gonna be the same level designs with extra gimmicks, but it looks like the level design is switched up completely! (I didn't watch the whole vid though).

It varies for me. I find the remix of Super Sonic Racing weaker than the original (although I adore that Saturn commercial sample), but Classic City Escape is my favourite version of that song by a fair margin.

Do we know if Cash Cash had anything to do with Classic Speed Highway?

Are you SURE Classic City Escape is done by Cash Cash? The lyrics sound like they were lifted straight from the original, and that's honestly what I thought it was.

Are you SURE Classic City Escape is done by Cash Cash? The lyrics sound like they were lifted straight from the original, and that's honestly what I thought it was.

Yes. It was remixed by Alex Makhlouf.