Awoo.

New Generations footage

Ryan92

that was painful to watch

plz don't tell me these players are the reviewers

Edited by Eternal BOOOOOOOSH
  • Thumbs Up 1

That Modern City Escape remix is absolutely terrible in my opinion. I adore the original, so I was really hoping this remix would be on par or better. Very disappointed.

• Thumbs Up 1

That Modern City Escape remix is absolutely terrible in my opinion. I adore the original, so I was really hoping this remix would be on par or better. Very disappointed.

I'm the opposite. I thought the original City Escape theme was pretty damn mediocre, but I found myself rocking my head to the beat and tempo of the modern remix. I'm really pleased.

Edited by Razor Wind
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not that I absolutely love it, but I don't see anything particularly wrong with it, is is a personal preference?

That Sky Sanctuary theme is pure sex. It's mixture of synth and orchestral stylings is just awesome, and I like how each level's theme is showcasing the many different styles of music that the Sonic franchise encompasses.

Modern City Escape is also pretty great. I love the references to the original 2-player version of the track from Adventure 2 Battle, and the solo is a pretty nice addition too. It's not the best track I've heard from the game so far, but it has all the charm of the original and builds on that with new ideas, like the solo, so thus it wins in my book.

Also, I know this is kinda late, but I like the Super Sonic Remix. It's nostalgic, ditches those unbearably cheesy verses, and... yeah, I'm not a fan of autotune, but seriously, have you guys even heard the vocals in the original song? Here, I'll post a link, just so you can listen:

This song never had very good vocal delivery to begin with; her singing just sounds kinda forced and awkward. So I don't think the new remixes ruins it in anyway by replacing the awkward vocal delivery with autotune.

And yes, of course I love the original song, but mainly for nostalgia, as well as the fact that it's so bad it's awesome.

Edited by EXshad

Yes, We couldn't in that as the reviewers Square button was broke.

More like he didn't know what he was doing even though he was 4+ stages in the game.

As for the music, I like Modern City Escape. I could see myself enjoying the new solo and maybe even the lyrics. That is if I don't run through the stage. Modern Sky Sanctuary was a chill experience. It's a calming song to an amazing looking stage. I can't wait to blast through that. I'm actually glad the guy didn't run through it like Aaron did in his videos. I got to see other routes and FINALLY see the end where the stage falls apart after you.

I go offline for a few hours and all this happens :D

I honestly love love love that Modern Sky Sanctuary mix, it's beautiful!

The City Escape remix is a major improvement over the original, and I loved the original. There's just so much more energy put in to it. The original version sounds rather flat in comparison.

I'm still not sure what the extra part of music in the Sky Sanctuary is.

I heard you like City Escape...

I find it funny how they deleted the bit with the new lyrics. tongue.png

Did anybody else notice the grinding sound lag at 5:27

Did anybody else notice the grinding sound lag at 5:27

I think you didn't notice that the entire video is out of sync.

• Thumbs Up 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbaBCoxcPQ8&feature=feedu

Modern Sky Sanctuary, NO COMMENTARY! Enjoy the awesome music because you will NOT, I repeat, NOT enjoy how the player plays!

You could tell he wasn't great, as soon as he missed the first homing attack

dry.png

I think you didn't notice that the entire video is out of sync.

I think your right

I love the new City Escape just as much as the original, and considering it seems to be a lot longer, it can only be good for my ears. happy.png

Sky Sanctuary is also a huge improvement. Next week can't come soon enough!

In that Sky Sanctuary vid...from 1:40 - 1:52.

I'll just DRIFT through that spiral!

Yeah, rather than wondering side-to-side as if hes pissed :P

Love the Modern remix of City Escape. So much energy and i'm loving the It Doesn't Matter instrumental. Shame that the new verse was cut off though.

Ceej64's new generations footage is below the spolier tag

Sonic 2 options menu is back!!
Edited by Ryan91
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ceej64's new generations footage is below the spolier tag

Sonic 2 options menu is back!!

Watch or don't watch...WATCH OR DON'T WATCH???! I hate making this decision.

EDIT: I watched a bit of it and in the cutscene Modern Sonic just referenced Sonic and the Secret Rings and Sonic Colours!

Edited by KrazyBean14
  • Thumbs Up 1

In that video, what song was remade for the Information Q & A section, and what music was it for skill shop. Skill shop I recognize, but can't remember from where. The other one, I have no clue.