Awoo.

Patticus

I wonder if it will be as boring and lifeless as GTA 4 was. Or if there will be some kind of developer controversy following the games release?

I can't get that excited to be honest, not unless they take a page out of Saints Row book, (blimy, 5 years ago can you imagine anyone saying that?) GTA4 on so many levels felt like one giant leap backwards, and I came to that game totally fresh, I knew nothing about it other than the fact that you aparently played as an immigrant.

So I'm not going to get too excited over this one unless they go against what they did with GTA 4.

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if it will be as boring and lifeless as GTA 4 was. Or if there will be some kind of developer controversy following the games release?

I can't get that excited to be honest, not unless they take a page out of Saints Row book, (blimy, 5 years ago can you imagine anyone saying that?) GTA4 on so many levels felt like one giant leap backwards, and I came to that game totally fresh, I knew nothing about it other than the fact that you aparently played as an immigrant.

So I'm not going to get too excited over this one unless they go against what they did with GTA 4.

Edited by Techno Rhymes

Well this is sooner than I thought to be honest I expected them to wait and put GTA 5 on a next gen console but what ever. I'm eager to see what rockstar has in store for us.I remember a rumor I read about GTA 5 and they said they were going back to San Andreas which is fine by me if it's true. I hope they bring back some elements from San Andreas to GTA 5 like the rpg elements and such. Also I really liked GTA 4 and how they were trying to go a more serious route in terms of story but I hope they go back to the craziness that is GTA 3 and San Andreas.

I love vice city, but i think this'll be a new city. :3

If not, at least it'll be a complete re-hall on the map what ever it is.

Edited by Rabid-Noodles

GTA IV didn't need mini missions to keep you entertained. I spent hours just enjoying the world and annoying the A.I. It seems like I was the only one who did.

• Thumbs Up 8

GTA IV didn't need mini missions to keep you entertained. I spent hours just enjoying the world and annoying the A.I. It seems like I was the only one who did.

The story of this game should be easy to tell; starting in the Middle East, the protagonist comes home from duty, has a mental breakdown, nobody cares, can't get a job etc. It would be a total home run right now.

*RING! RING!*

Hello?

Cousin! It's your Cousin! Lets go bowling!

Cousin! Lets see some big tiities!"

I wonder if the mobile phone will make a return?

Just read about this on facebook very mixed but mostly excited but GTA IV was a massive bore to me (reason I sold it) but I enjoyed the San Andreas LA gangsta wars they had on GTA:SA which is one my favourite GTA's off all time so I would love to see it return.....

But can we have a GTA V: London

Player has to pay for congestion charges *rides through London like a manic chav with a AK47* yeah I doubt that will happen after the riots lol.

Am I the only one who found the simple pleasures of GTA IV the best, like pushing people down stairs or throwing cellphones at people?

I could never really warm up to San Andreas. It had some cool ideas, like getting fat or buff and bikes, but I never liked the characters or the world. IV was a lot more interesting to me, despite missing those things.

Ya know while IV had better characters, I'm still wishing for a game similar to San Andreas really, it did everything right in terms of gameplay. That said, I'll how this turns out: I heard Gay Tony, Lost and the Damned were good so its not a complete loss.

Just as long as the game isn't full of glitches and the cars actually ACT like cars, I think it'll be a good game.

• Thumbs Up 1

1980's with a good ass soundtrack with no Dubstep would be a dream.tongue.png

Seirously something that isn't tedious for a start. Seirously the first island of GTA IV I felt like I was playing the Sims. The DLC's were great, gang wars, drug deals, more of this please Rockstar!happy.png

I also found the plot of GTA IV pretty crappy either it ends shit either way left with loads of cash and nothing to do with it and I felt nothing at the end of it, GTA's slogan used to be crime does pay!dry.png

Same with Lost and the Damned. The Ballad of Gay Tony had a better ending overall out of the GTAIV series.

But GTA III seires had good endings.

*RING! RING!*

Hello?

Cousin! It's your Cousin! Lets go bowling!

Cousin! Lets see some big tiities!"

I wonder if the mobile phone will make a return?

BIG AMERIKAN TITTIES!biggrin.png

Screw that shit again....sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

Just as long as the game isn't full of glitches and the cars actually ACT like cars, I think it'll be a good game.

With perhaps two exceptions, GTAIV was the first game in the series where the cars did act like cars.

Am I the only one who found the simple pleasures of GTA IV the best, like pushing people down stairs or throwing cellphones at people?

Definitely not, but GTA IV still falls onto my short list of ridiculously disappointing games, particularly cause like Hogfather, I'd say that I'm in the camp who thought that the realism was a pretty big detractor of the schadenfreude to be had. I don't blame the developers for taking that route since this was at a time point where pressing for that bar was practically a mission statement within many developers minds, but I never felt like the series actually benefited from it, and it just didn't feel like the fun, zany GTA that I remember playing way back when.

I'm more interested in Saints Row 3 for that very reason, but I'll keep an eye on this. There's a lot of speculation going on that the setting is going to possibly be Irish based since some time back and the logo gives off such an impression as well. I hope it's true, as I've become rather tired of the GTA games staying put in similar locales.

San Andreas gameplay style. Vice City or London = SOLD

Anything like GTA IV's gameplay (though I loved the environments/story etc.) in a stereotypical gangster city = Disappointed.

I want my Arcadey GTA back!

Also, I'm not really a fan of that logo. :I

Edited by Swiss

I'm going with Vegas for now. The shading on the V is just like the one on a dollar bill so it seems more than plausible.

Yeah, GTA 4 was disappointing mainly because it just... Wasn't as fun as the previous games, mainly because of the realism. The Saints Row games are pretty much embracing non-realism in favor of zany, crazy-awesome stuff - Saints Row 3 is going beyond the impossible in terms of the kind of pure insanity one can have in a sandbox game - it has pretty much said "fuck realism" at this point.

Still... Who knows what GTA5 will bring to the table.