Awoo.

Patticus

Jeez, amidst all the hype, I didn't realise that Rockstar released 14 more screenshots yesterday.

1373382055.jpg

1373382073.jpg

1373382092.jpg

1373382109.jpg

1373382126.jpg

1373382142.jpg

1373382033.jpg

135.jpg

136.jpg

137.jpg

138.jpg

139.jpg

140.jpg

141.jpg

GameInformer also published 2 Q&A's which focus on customization and gun combat.

(Are the images broken for you guys? I can see them just fine)

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Jeez, amidst all the hype, I didn't realise that Rockstar released 14 more screenshots yesterday.

GameInformer also published 2 Q&A's which focus on customization and gun combat.

All the pictures have broken links.

Anyone in the UK planning on getting the standard version of the game may want to consider this. 

GTA 5 is available from Gamestop UK for only £4.97. Basically you preorder at full price and they'll send you a "special envelope", put in two games from the provided list and send the envelope back within 10 days of GTA 5's release. You'll then be refunded the money to bring the cost to the £4.97. It says it'll take up to 10 days to have the money refunded to you. Not a bad deal if I'm honest.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/gtavtrade

EDIT: Through some logic unknown to me, GTA 5 itself is one of the games you can trade in to get money off...GTA 5. Right.

Edited by Liam The Animator
  • Thumbs Up 1

Anyone in the UK planning on getting the standard version of the game may want to consider this. 

GTA 5 is available from Gamespot UK for only £4.97. Basically you preorder at full price and they'll send you a "special envelope", put in two games from the provided list and send the envelope back within 10 days of GTA 5's release. You'll then be refunded the money to bring the cost to the £4.97. It says it'll take up to 10 days to have the money refunded to you. Not a bad deal if I'm honest.

http://www.gamestop.co.uk/gtavtrade

Sounds good. Unfortunately, I only have Far Cry 3 and GTA IV to trade. I'm happy with FC3 being gone, but I don't really want to give away IV.

Goddammit.

Some more GTAV  details through Famitsu

NEW GTAV DETAILS

-Customize your dog (collar, other accessories, etc)
-Your dog's name is Chop
-Keep an eye on your dog, you can lose him
-Over 15 types of wild animals can be found throughout the world
-Each character has a specific walking animation for individual realism
-Overall animations have a been a focus of improvement for Rockstar
-There is a dedicated underwater mission that Michael and Trevor go to via jet-skis together
-Coming out in Japan October 10th dudesss

Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh
CHOP
I love you Chop!
Call of Duty ain't got nothing on CHOP!
RRB2QBv.gif

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Soooo what do you guys think online is going to be like (just speculating) since we haven't seen the trailer yet?

Soooo what do you guys think online is going to be like (just speculating) since we haven't seen the trailer yet?

I think the mp will be shown on aug. 5th? I think mp will be good well speculating from the trailer.

It's definitley gonna be sometime in August. Game comes out in Sept.

GTAIV's online was one of my favorite multiplayer experiences. The game may not have been all that, but fucking around with friends online was the best.

All they have to do is expand upon that. And for the love of god, do not make the people in the aircraft OP. One of the reasons nobody plays random games anymore is cause the second someone got the helicopter it was "MISSILES MISSILES MISSILES MISSILES MISSILES"

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I was right,

It's been confirmed by sites that GTAV's Online Multiplayer trailer will launch this Thursday August 15th! Time unknown, expect 10:00am EST.

Also, GTAV coming to PC sooner than we thought?

EDIT: Nevermind, it was an error.

Edited by Nintendoga

Grand Theft Auto Online Trailer!

So stoked!

Online Info

Grand Theft Auto Online is a dynamic and persistent online world for 16 players that begins by sharing gameplay features, geography and mechanics with Grand Theft Auto V, but will continue to expand and evolve after its launch with new content created by Rockstar Games and the Grand Theft Auto community. Grand Theft Auto Online takes the fundamental Grand Theft Auto concepts of freedom, ambient activity and mission-based gameplay and makes them available to multiple players in an incredibly detailed and responsive online world.

In Grand Theft Auto Online, players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or compete in traditional game modes with the entire community, all with the personality and refined mechanics of Grand Theft Auto V.

Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance, improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, and taking part in missions, jobs and activities to earn reputation and cash to open up new opportunities to rise through the criminal ranks. The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added, creating the first ever persistent and dynamic Grand Theft Auto game world.

Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

>16 players
mellow.png

W-Wait, the game launches September 17th, but the online multiplayer isn't available till October 1st.....
*sighh*

Well it's only two weeks so better than waiting months for it. Still hyped.

Edit: More info

Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies said GTA Online could have launched at the same time as the main game, but that the studio considers it to be "a different entity, a separate thing".

He explained: "It'll be GTA Online; it's not part of GTA 5. Obviously it's set in the GTA 5 engine, but it's going to grow and evolve into its own thing." Access to GTA Online will come for free with every retail copy of GTA 5.

And as expected Gif of the best part of the trailer

gtavonline1_by_xbulletz-d6i8ddu.gif

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 5

I... I don't think my hype can get any higher for it, I NEED this game. Just over one month until I get my Collector's Edition! biggrin.png 

Also who else is planning on getting it on the 360? It'll be fun to play GTA Online with you lot sometime.

Y'know, why is it called GTA Online instead of GTA V Online? Are they treating it as a separate game or something?

Anyway, regardless of what it's called it's still bloody awesome!

Edited by KrazyBean

Y'know, why is it called GTA Online instead of GTA V Online? Are they treating it as a separate game or something?

I think it's because they've said that they're thinking of adding other locations. Imagine Vice City for example. 

Y'know, why is it called GTA Online instead of GTA V Online? Are they treating it as a separate game or something?   Anyway, regardless of what it's called it's still bloody awesome!
I think their calling it GTA online because they might be using the same multiplayer for future GTAs.

Ohhhh god this is making me so excited. After all the issues (lack of property, lack of customisation, the stupidly realistic physics, the idiotic wanted system) of IV, seeing them mixing IV's best ideas (a detailed, expansive city and graphical detail) with San Andreas' enormous range of activities makes me smile far, far too much.

Since I have PSN now, I'll definitely have to try online play sometime... I really should preorder this sometime. Unfortunately my parents refuse to do business with GameStop.

...still not looking forward to a shark attack though.

This looks like a game in its own right. Not simply online multiplayer mode for GTA V. Lots to do but I reckon I'll probably end up making use of 15% of GTAO. Man I need to find friends who have a PS3 and play GTA. Only so much fun to be had playing against random strangers all the time.

This looks like a game in its own right. Not simply online multiplayer mode for GTA V. Lots to do but I reckon I'll probably end up making use of 15% of GTAO. Man I need to find friends who have a PS3 and play GTA. Only so much fun to be had playing against random strangers all the time.

I suppose I could suffice on that front! One of the main reasons I got a PS3 was because it's better for my casual online play needs (as I don't need to pay for internet usage whenever I want to play online once every month or two).

So, I'm hoping to make use of this. As it stands I don't have much in the way of multiplayer games... so GTA Online could be great fun on that front.

Something I don't get about GTA 5's multiplayer. If there's only 16 people per game but you make actual progress that affects the world ( buying garages/apartments), do you play with the same 16 every time or does it bring your progress over from game to game? This confuses me.

They could easily only have made the online multiplayer as a single game and still make a lot of motherducking money, HOLY SHIT, this looks unbelievable!!! You never cease to surprise, Rockstar.

Something I don't get about GTA 5's multiplayer. If there's only 16 people per game but you make actual progress that affects the world ( buying garages/apartments), do you play with the same 16 every time or does it bring your progress over from game to game? This confuses me.

I assume it'd be roughly like the Grand Prix and World Tour in Transformed. You can have people join you to beat them and increase your chances. After you beat one event/Prix, however, you could switch back to single player and still be able to proceed from where you left off.

I presume this is going to more or less be the same thing; whatever you buy in Online probably gets transferred to the actual game. Now... I've no clue how they will resolve multiple players buying the same thing... should be interesting to see overall.

I've been wondering how big the world will be in Online Mode. This is going to be a very Second Life kind of game and you can buy properly. I must immerse myself in this from the get-go because I don't want to fall behind and get the shittiest property because all the good ones will be snapped up if I lag behind. I want a condo half a mile above sea-level.

With the millions of people who will be playing Online... I really find it hard to believe they'd make the property finite like that. That or they're going to charge MASSIVE sums so it's realistic. It's the only way they can have an economy that doesn't rapidly suffer from nothing available to purchase for newcomers.

Overall I'm interested to see how they tackle this, however.

...charging players mortgages/rent? biggrin.png

• Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Sony accidentally leaked some GTA V content via the EU PS Store. They've made a blog post about it apologizing to Rockstar and the fans. Be careful out there on the net if you don't want to see spoilers. 

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/08/24/grand-theft-auto-v-update/