Awoo.

Patticus

People are complaining about the V/Five part of the title (which comes from an old style of $5 bill), saying it's not in keeping with the GTA cover style, but I think that it fits in much better than the last gen San Andreas cover title did. It looks nice.

I actually find the cover art very boring to look at, but it keeps in line with the previous GTA titles so it's sorta a pass I guess.

People are complaining about the V/Five part of the title (which comes from an old style of $5 bill), saying it's not in keeping with the GTA cover style, but I think that it fits in much better than the last gen San Andreas cover title did. It looks nice.

Why doesn't San Andreas fit in?

Why doesn't San Andreas fit in?

Text font is shit. Actually, thinking about it, Vice City's cover title was equally appalling.

Anyway, at least this cover has some color, unlike IV, which was bland as fuck.

I just realized that there's a helicopter in the top left corner of every major GTA game's box art since III.

What the fuck.

Edited by Chooch

I'm happy they are still using the comic book layout, it's one of GTA's most iconic trademark. The "V" imitating a dollar bill gave it a special touch IMHO. I loved this cover, the only thing that kinda bothers me is the girl on the left looking a little... awkward("-Hey honey, wanna play some GTA 5? Oh, too bad, it was delayed"). But in general, it looks really nice and vibrant, unlike the very opaque GTA 4 cover, but then again, GTA 4 is a melancholic game. Anyway, CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY HANDS ON THIS ONE!

Edited by Jango

Even though they're actually PSP Classics... but whatever. Why didn't they make San Andreas Stories?

They are the PS2 ports of the original games. And Vice City was probably pushing the system as much as it could already (and you can see the shortcuts they had to take with VCS that they didn't have to with Vice City, as impressive as it was). No way they could have pulled off a San Andreas.

Even though they're actually PSP Classics... but whatever. Why didn't they make San Andreas Stories?

I think GTA 5 is going to be San Andreas Stories :D

They where re-released for the PS2. They are in both the PSP Classics and the Playstation 2 Classics sections of the PlayStation store. wink.png

I think the reason why San Anderas Stories wasn't done was due to space limitations and time limitations and with the fact that Rockstar wanted focus all its efforts on GTA IV and other titles shame they didn't though I would like another game set around that time and universe of San Andreas.

EDIT: Tornado beat me to it. 

I think GTA 5 is going to be San Andreas Stories biggrin.png

Not really, GTA V is only taking place in Los Santos and its outskirts plus it is being set in a different universe and time setting from the original San Anderas.smile.png

Edited by BW199148

No offence to any gta fans here, but whats so appealing about gta? I own gta 4 and i honeslty think is another generic action game, like cod. And im sure gta v would be the same also....

No offence to any gta fans here, but whats so appealing about gta?

The best physics engine in the history of gaming:

• Thumbs Up 3

No offence to any gta fans here, but whats so appealing about gta? I own gta 4 and i honeslty think is another generic action game, like cod. And im sure gta v would be the same also....

This is why:

You sound like a young gamer, no offence and sorry if aren't but Grand Theft Auto is one of the most popular and controversial game series for nearly two decades the series became really popular with the release of GTA III in 2001 and it really changed the way we saw gaming kinda like Mario/Sonic and Doom did.

You probably should play the older titles like Vice City and San Andreas. In GTA you have whole a City to explore (or more) with witty dialogue, strong storys and excellent varied soundtracks in every game.

How are they like COD apart from its gunfights? Why do people assume a game is like COD because it has Guns? huh.png

Also unlike COD they released sparsely so every time a GTA is release it is an event. 

Seriously I would recommend you play the older games first you're missing out on some seriously awesome shit! cool.png

Edited by BW199148

This is why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmDawqOfqs

You sound like a young gamer, no offence and sorry if aren't but Grand Theft Auto is one of the most popular and controversial game series for nearly two decades the series became really popular with the release of GTA III in 2001 and it really changed the way we saw gaming kinda like Mario/Sonic and Doom did.

You probably should play the older titles like Vice City. In GTA you have whole City explore with witty dialogue strong story and excellent varied soundtrack every game.

How are they like COD apart from its gunfights? Why do people assume a game is like COD because it has Guns? :huh:

Also unlike COD they released sparsely so every time a GTA is release it is an event.

Seriously I would recommend you play the older games first you're missing out on some seriously awesome shit! B)

Might try gta 3, vice city or san andreas then, that trailer looks way better than all i played of gta 4. Thanks. Lol Edited by GEO1452

4 is a pretty bad start into the series anyway, because it's depressing as hell and mired in arbitrary pseudo-realism. Vice City, particularly Vice City on the PC, is pretty much the best entry point to see if you like the series (because some of the annoying things about IV popped up in San Andreas, too).

4 is a pretty bad start into the series anyway, because it's depressing as hell and mired in arbitrary pseudo-realism. Vice City, particularly Vice City on the PC, is pretty much the best entry point to see if you like the series (because some of the annoying things about IV popped up in San Andreas, too).

Ill like to get it on pc if thats the best version, but saldy my pc's cant run games for s***.

Guess i"ll get the ps2 version... Gonna check if gamestop has it

The PC version is old enough at this point that it can almost certainly run on yours if it is newer than 2008 (what are your specs?). The PS2 version is also the worse version by a wide margin (the most glitches, the worst looking, the worst controlling and with the least amount of features; plus censorship), so if you have a 360 I suggest looking at the original XBox version instead (which is in some ways even superior to the PC version).

The PC version is old enough at this point that it can almost certainly run on yours if it is newer than 2008 (what are your specs?). The PS2 version is also the worse version by a wide margin (the most glitches, the worst looking, the worst controlling and with the least amount of features; plus censorship), so if you have a 360 I suggest looking at the original XBox version instead (which is in some ways even superior to the PC version).

Dang, didnt knew the ps2 version was so crappy.

As for getting the xbox version, Sadly dont have a 360. Only ps3.

And im not sure about my pc specs but i brough my pc on 2005, and it cant even run sonic r faster than 10fps,(yeah i know i have to upgrade, just economy issues right now) so i highly doubt that it can run vice city....

It's not crappy so much as the others are just so much better. The PS2 version is still good fun.

I'm kind of surprised they still haven't done an HD collection of the three last gen GTAs.

Edited by MarcelloF

I'm kind of surprised they still haven't don an HD collection of the three last gen GTAs.

I'm sure that'll come eventually.

I'm with the above posts in questioning why there never was a San Andreas Stories. There was a fair bit of backstory established for the turf wars in Los Santos, and while we did get "The Introduction" it just wasn't the same as an actual game. Though who would we have played as, anyway? Sweet's an obvious answer, but I think one of the fallen Grove Street members would have been fairly entertaining, whether someone like Smoke, Big Bear, or one of the many members who now lie in the cemetery.

With simply how amazing they were able to make San Andreas in terms of what was in it, I find it hard to believe they couldn't have taken the same overall model, changed a few buildings and then laid a new set of missions on top of it.

It's a mod. No way GTA V will have licenced cars.

With simply how amazing they were able to make San Andreas in terms of what was in it, I find it hard to believe they couldn't have taken the same overall model, changed a few buildings and then laid a new set of missions on top of it.

But what would they put it on? PSP couldn't handle it, and by the time it would have come out on PS2 it would have been buried under the weight of GTA IV.