Awoo.

Patticus

New trailers due April 30, it'll be about the 3 playable characters whose names aren't coming to me at this moment.

New trailers due April 30, it'll be about the 3 playable characters whose names aren't coming to me at this moment.

Releasing three characters at once as part of one game? I will say I'm definitely impressed. It's about time GTA decided to try that style.

Now I'm wondering what their characteristics will be. In recent games GTA's tried to get away from the "working class white male American" protagonist and give us some variety: we had gangbanger CJ, soldier-turned-unwilling drug dealer Victor (who makes up for CJ being a stereotype), Luiz, Huang, and Niko. Johnny is somewhat exotic due to his Jewish heritage but what really makes him stand out is the fact he's a biker which wasn't really used before.

Will we ever see a gay protagonist? Female? Arab? Just to name a few. I've liked that they've tried to break the mold and make each new character different ethnically and culturally instead of just personality-wise.

Trevor is the hick, dirty, crazy, psychopath guy. The character without feelings or regrets, the sly one. Think a male version of Catalina from San Andreas.

Franklin is the devil rider guy, the mechanic. He's the youngest and cares for his family and friends. Maybe the "nicest" character, think something between CJ and Luiz.

Michael is the american white guy, the "father" of the team. Since he's the old one, he'll probably "try" to guide Trevor and Franklin through the missions. Think a fancy Niko.

It's a good mix of personalities.

That's what I got from the infos, trailers, etc ^^

Edited by Jango

Trevor is the hick, dirty, crazy, psychopath guy. The character without feelings or regrets, the sly one. Think a male version of Catalina from San Andreas.

Franklin is the devil rider guy, the mechanic. He's the youngest and cares for his family and friends. Maybe the "nicest" character, think something between CJ and Luiz.

Michael is the american white guy, the "father" of the team. Since he's the old one, he'll probably "try" to guide Trevor and Franklin through the missions. Think a fancy Niko.

It's a good mix of personalities.

That's what I got from the infos, trailers, etc ^^

Michael reminds me of Tommy Vercetti 'man with a plan' than Niko. Niko was a bit of a traumatized wreck hoping to find a new life in America only to find more death and corruption than the past he left behind. 

Not that was a bad thing it work really well with the story they were going with.smile.png  

The sad thing is that dog will never actually appear in the game barring maybe in cutscenes.

I don't get why Rockstar's so scared of PETA and the like, myself. Farcry gave those groups the finger, and it does well enough.

Nice to see the helicopter is still in place.

>mfw I'm the only one here who remembers Chinatown Wars' Box-art

fob.gif

The sad thing is that dog will never actually appear in the game barring maybe in cutscenes.

I don't get why Rockstar's so scared of PETA and the like, myself. Farcry gave those groups the finger, and it does well enough.

The dog's a companion in the game. I believe this was stated in the interview back in November. They already had animals in Red-Dead Redemption (though that was more so because of the game's setting rather then them adding animals in "just because")

I'm hyped for the next trailer + info. Almost makes me forget that I could've been playing the game in 2 weeks if it wasn't delayed.

Almost.....

Man fuck PETA, I'm gonna ran over dogs in V and no one gonna stop me.

No seriously, I won't.. well unless the bastards attack me, like in Bully.

The dog's a companion in the game. I believe this was stated in the interview back in November. They already had animals in Red-Dead Redemption (though that was more so because of the game's setting rather then them adding animals in "just because")

I applaud them finally showing some boldness and telling PETA and the like to put a sock in it.

Will be interesting seeing animals in a GTA game as something outside cutscenes, that's for sure.

Now we wait for the inevitable slippery slope argument that children will one day make it into the franchise (Mary Beth doesn't count as she's cutscene only).

Man fuck PETA, I'm gonna ran over dogs in V and no one gonna stop me.

No seriously, I won't.. well unless the bastards attack me, like in Bully.

Seriously, it's not hard to differentiate between reality and fantasy, and at times I wonder if whenever people who protest violent video games or some other unsavory activity are confusing the gamers for themselves. Besides, it's a game about murdering people, stealing cars, all that good stuff, but having animals in it is just going too far? Talk about mixed up principles.

Remember the riots over the fact you kill a gay guy in GTA IV? I'm homosexual myself and even I didn't care about it; the guy was a total jackass anyway and deserved it. The stuff people get offended over is just insane these days. Never mind the guy was killed because he didn't pay the money he owed, not because he just so happened to be gay. I don't think the media who report this stuff even bother looking at context.

Sorry for ranting. It's a subject that tends to make my blood boil. :(

Edited by Ogilvie Maurice

It wouldn't be the first gay you kill in GTA. Remember that OG Loc mission in San Andreas where you had to chase and kill a guy who was with OG Loc in jail?

Edited by Polar Vec

It wouldn't be the first gay you kill in GTA. Remember that OG Loc mission in San Andreas where you had to chase and kill a guy who was with OG Loc in jail?

Well, I think the reason that didn't come up was the fact it wasn't quite as explicit, though it doesn't take much thinking to understand OG Loc and Freddy had a forced gay relationship. Never mind Freddy shows several stereotypes.

I guess French Tom and Niko's incident is more controversial because Niko went to him posing as someone who was actually romantically interested.

...which is still showing some really confused principles.

Ever wanted to be a character in GTA? Well, now YOU can!

http://www.epsilonprogram.com/

join-thanks.jpg

Rockstar is holding an event where your face can be used to create a character in the game! Remember the misterious religion, called Epsilon, from GTA San Andreas? It's back in GTA V of course, but listen up to the fun part: if you're chosen, you will become a member of it in the game!

Rules are inside the link, I've already submitted my awesome face wink.png

Edited by Jango

The white guy is rich and probably does coke, the black guy's a gang banger and generally stereotypical, and there are tit and dick jokes in there too. Yup, it's a Rockstar game.

Looks great.

My God, I know that graphics don't make a game but WOW they look stunning!

It's good that the trailer showed more of the 3 characters personalities, I'm really interested in how the story plays out in this.

I don't know if anyone noticed, but there was quite a few people wearing green in the Franklin trailer. Grove Street? Or just a slight nod to it?

I'm going to enjoy playing as the gangster, and the psychopath too I suppose, but I'm just not going to be able to relate to the black guy at all. I do like how you can play as any one of the three and the tone of the game will change depending on who you're playing as, though.

Michael really reminds me of an aged Tommy Vercetti. Franklin appears to be a CJ clone though, but Trevor is a bloody nutcase, I think I'm gonna have the most fun with him. biggrin.png

I've been following this for a while now. I'm not a huge GTA fan (I've only played some of III, some of VC and all of GTAIV) but I have to admit, this is looks great. Especially the visuals! I also like how you can play as three different characters this time. Not sure about Franklin, but I like Michael the most. Trevor is a bloody nutter but that will make him so much more fun to play as, I'm sure!

I wonder if GTAV's story is going to be serious again. I know a lot of hardcore GTA fans complained about that when IV was released.

The tone of the story may well vary, depending on who you play as. More light-hearted and fun with the psychopath, kind of middle of the road with the old guy, more dark and serious 'edgy' with the black guy. Or something.

Seems like the whole game is taking a more Gay Tony approach though, which can only be a good thing. Hope the menu music's as good as that game's was!

• Thumbs Up 2

"ALL WE HEAR IS RADIO GA GA!". biggrin.png

This game is looking awesome so far. 

In Franklin's trailer some of the characters he is talking to are wearing Green, reference to Grove Street perhaps?wink.png

Edited by BW199148

"ALL WE HEAR IS RADIO GA GA!". biggrin.png

This game is looking awesome so far. 

In Franklin's trailer some of the characters he is talking to are wearing Green, reference to Grove Street perhaps?wink.png

Another thing I noticed in Franklin's trailer is that the people they're fighting are wearing purple or have some kind of purple accessory on them.

I don't think Rockstar will call them Grove Street and Ballas again but instead use the colours as an homage or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just wanna play this game already dammit. I spent so many hours playing GTA games and I look forward to spending tons more with V.