Awoo.

Patticus

That IGN article does have a point. This does seem like one of the most "next-gen" games coming out right now (right up there with games like Watch_Dogs and such) and yet it's on current gen consoles. Maybe next gen is kind of pointless..........

Hype levels skyrocketing

Edited by Chaos Warp

Got the game preordered got my poster, read the ign article yep, this is going to get a 10 and deserve it, Rockstar cares about the consumer, they finish their games when they want to, they don't go too DLC crazy and their graphics engines have only improved over the years. I mean for HD we went from this brown world:

http://www.thegtaplace.com/images/gta4/screenshots/pc/gta-iv-pc-screenshot_050.jpg

To being able to make videos that I usually see on those simulators:

To, well more of the same: 

http://images.electricpig.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Max-Payne-3-gameplay.jpg The colors feel so bright.

To something that the PC version of GTA 4 had through mods: 

Go ahead compare:

Icehancer mod for gta 4 pc:

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/542900969425054327/FD2B553A07D7EAD4C629D2FA906BF63EC12F809A/

To GTA 5:

http://b-i.forbesimg.com/erikkain/files/2013/07/GTA-V.png

near identical right

IGN posted their preview of GTA: Online. And I have to say, it sounds damn impressive.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/10-crazy-awesome-things-i-saw-and-did-in-grand-theft-auto-online?page=1

Yes, really. You can invite your buddies to your apartment – bought with persistent in-game cash – and they can hang out, sit on your couch, and take hits off of your bong. You can even get high, which will have screen-altering effects.

Your pals are also able to look through your telescope – it won’t look into space, but will instead magnify what’s in the distance of the game world (trust me, I asked!) – or watch the in-game TV. For instance, a hilarious new episode of Republican Space Rangers. And if other folks in your crew are out causing trouble, you can turn on Weasel News on your apartment TV and actually follow their shenanigans live, as covered by the San Andreas news channel. Or watch them hover creepily near your apartment on your home’s closed-circuit security television monitors.

Of course, if come home from a hard day of murdering and just want to relax with a shower to wash the dried blood off your body, you can do that too.

second-giff-lux-reaction.gif

Dat immersion.

I wasn't entirely interested in Online that much, I was just expecting something similar to IV's multiplayer. But mother of god, this sounds absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to jam with my friends on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

IGN posted their preview of GTA: Online. And I have to say, it sounds damn impressive.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/09/04/10-crazy-awesome-things-i-saw-and-did-in-grand-theft-auto-online?page=1

second-giff-lux-reaction.gif

Dat immersion.

I wasn't entirely interested in Online that much, I was just expecting something similar to IV's multiplayer. But mother of god, this sounds absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to jam with my friends on this.

So....................

What console are you getting the game on Cake?

So....................

What console are you getting the game on Cake?

Playstation 3. Can't wait to get a crew together with my friends and tear shit up on this.

Dat immersion.

Oh boy...

zw3.gif

I want other people watching me in Weasel News sooo much...

Edited by Monovec

Playstation 3. Can't wait to get a crew together with my friends and tear shit up on this.

Awww, I'm getting it on 360.

I was gonna say we should totally form an SSMB crew. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Awww, I'm getting it on 360.

I was gonna say we should totally form an SSMB crew. 

We should make a PS3 and Xbox crew.

• Thumbs Up 1

I really do think that this would be a good idea!

I'm getting it for the 360 anyway.

I'm getting it on PS3.

Guys, I just had my mind fucking blown wide open. It's a MAJOR spoiler regarding a character we haven't seen yet, so don't click if you want to be spoiler free,

Some leaked cutscene audio showed that Trevor kills Johnny Klebitz (the protagonist from GTA IV's DLC, The Lost and Damned) near the start of the game. The big thing here is... we were showed this already nearly a year ago.

dsh2.png

No doubt that the guy on the floor is Johnny. Trevor's grunts in the trailer at this part also matched the ones in the leaked voice clips.

img_114162_gta4_lost.jpg

Same attire and everything. Can't believe I've only noticed this just now.

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 1

So since we are just over a week away from launch (and 3 weeks until GTA Online sad.png ) has anyone got any plans on what they'll be doing? I may go to a midnight launch to see what free stuff I can get and then I'll grin like a madman when I get my Collector's Edition.

Also what character is everyone planning on playing as first? I'll be playing as Michael.

I hope to go to a midnight release at GAME but I think I'll still be working in a job. That's not a problem in the grand scheme of things but whatever. I had pre-ordered the Collectors Edition but cancelled because it was too expensive. Settling for the Special Edition instead. Wanted that blueprint map so badly.

Also, free stuff?

There's sometimes some free stuff you can get at launches. Even if it's just a competition, I'll just be tagging along with my friend anyway.

Got confirmation earlier that my copy of GTA V is ready to be picked up for midnight at my local GAME. biggrin.png

Plans: Gonna get my ass down there, acquire GOTY 2013, get home, proclaim to SSMB that I will be gone for a few weeks, put disk in PS3, fap while it loads up, start game and bask in all its glory.

Now about the characters, you'll have to play as Michael for a bit until you meet Franklin and Trevor. After that, you're free to play as whoever. I think I'll be playing as Trevor the most. Murder, madness and mayhem, here I come!

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 3

Trevor is the personification of everything I have ever done and everything I will ever do on GTA.

Edited by Lord Farquaad
  • Thumbs Up 3

I won't be getting it at launch , but I'll be getting it on the weekend after the Tuesday most likely since my friend is bringing it to me (fuck waiting until my 17th birthday in November, I have enough games to get then and this game is worth breaking the rules for). We'll meet up and he'll have the game and I'll hand him the 68-ish bucks, kinda like that. I'll be getting the game on 360 (anyone getting it on that other then Lord Farquaad? Hit me up and let's terrorize the streets of Los Santos together), and sadly won't be able to have any sort of preorder bonus sadly (maybe I can ride in your blimp over GTA Online Farquaad smile.png ).

I can't fucking wait to play this, this whole hype cycle has really made me into a GTA fan and has made me want to play the other games, but this'll be the first. I also suspect, until whenever GTA 6 comes out, it'll be the best. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll buy it on the PS Store around the 15th. My only concern is that it will take hours to download, since everybody and their moms in the world will be on the PSN... I actually think it might end up going offline. Oh boy, it's gonna be a busy day.

So after many fakes and speculations, the real GTA V map was leaked!

ud6g.jpg

Different variant with marked locations.

u7lr.jpg

I think I just creamed my pants...

Edited by TheCakeMiester

It looks Familiar. Are you sure its legit? It looks smaller than I thought it would be as well. mellow.png

Judging from the detail and map locations, I'm pretty confident that this is legit. Must be a damn good fake if it ain't real.

The strategy guide was also just leaked now. Not sure if the OP on /v/ will leak anymore, though.

rkow.jpg

Edited by TheCakeMiester
  • Thumbs Up 2

MUST.....................NOT..........................SPOIL...................................ANY..................MORE

Also that map had way less roads then I expected. Would a map like that only list major roads?