Awoo.

Patticus

I adored Vice City Stories. Defintely up there in my top list of games. From some leaks I saw, Rockstar has made a subtle reference to a certain something from that game, which made me smile so hard.

• Thumbs Up 1

From some leaks I saw, Rockstar has made a subtle reference to a certain something from that game, which made me smile so hard.

Care to put it in a spoiler? 

Also the aforementioned Hotrod

Hotknife_Hotrod.png

Why the need for spoilers?

And i still want skateboards in GTA 5 i know that there are still BMX bikes but i want skateboards.. 

Care to put it in a spoiler?

It's kind of obscure, but on the talk radio show on VCS, there's an old detective story that plays every so often.

The part at 3:00 is what Rockstar referenced. Which is this image here that I took from one of the leaked TV ads for GTA V. It just took me by surprise that they'd make a homage to this.

05w8.png

It's getting an in-game TV show in V, which made me extremely happy. I thought the radio show was hilarious.

• Thumbs Up 1

Has this been posted yet?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/127617-Grand-Theft-Auto-V-Cost-Nearly-267-Million

Game development budgets are dodgy things and you have to take reports like this one with a grain of salt, but if the numbers reported by the Scotsman are even close to accurate, the total cost to make and market Grand Theft Auto V is absolutely astounding. While it doesn't specify a source, the site claims that Rockstar's "development and marketing budget" on the game was £170 million - $267 million - which Kotaku says makes it the most expensive videogame ever created, far surpassing the $200 million blown (literally) on Star Wars: The Old Republic. The good news, at least from Take Two's perspective, is that the site also claims "industry experts" are predicting that the new GTA could move 25 million copies in its first year of release, adding up to sales of £1 billion - more than $1.5 billion. That figure presumably comes from EEDAR analyst Jesse Divnich, who told NowGamer in November 2012 that he expects the game will "sell upwards of 25 million copies in its first 12 months." That a healthy return on a hefty investment and it's a foregone conclusion that Grand Theft Auto V is going to be a huge hit, but $267 million for a single videogame is still a ridiculous pile of money. Sooner or later even the deepest-pocketed publishers are going to hit the ceiling on these things. Right?

Yeah, I read that the other day. Truly amazing. Let's just hope it's worth that amount, eh?

Anyways, I've already planned ahead what I'm gonna do a lot as Franklin. Gonna get myself a customized lowrider, decked out in green (Grove 4 Lyfe, yo) custom paint and bodykits. Then I'm gonna cruise through the streets at night while pumping this track (confirmed to be in the game).

I can't fucking wait.

• Thumbs Up 2

In GTA Online are you guys going to try and make yourself or just a generic gangster? I'm either going to try the former or just use one of my Collector's Edition parental options.

In GTA Online are you guys going to try and make yourself or just a generic gangster? I'm either going to try the former or just use one of my Collector's Edition parental options.

If possible, I'll try and make myself. I'm still not entirely certain how this set up works. You pick "parent" options for your person and it defines their looks and characteristics, correct? Since you have the CE copy, you'll be able to make yours look like the offspring of classic GTA characters, I assume.

Yay, 400th post!

If possible, I'll try and make myself. I'm still not entirely certain how this set up works. You pick "parent" options for your person and it defines their looks and characteristics, correct? Since you have the CE copy, you'll be able to make yours look like the offspring of classic GTA characters, I assume.

Yay, 400th post!

Yeah and you can choose which hereditary features form each parent show up the most.

and congrats on 400 posts.

Edited by Vectorman

Yay, 400th post!

You pick the dominant genes and the rest of their personality via sliders such as "Coach Potato." And yeah the classic characters are Niko, Claude and Misty if I remember correctly.

Possible spoilers in the video, however what I'm about to say isn't. "To keep the game running smoothly and the framerate sustainable fog blocks really far away views."

That has me worried remember Assassins Creed 3 and all the fog, well I guess it wasn't too polarizing, but the graphics were over hyped. It may sound stupid, but one of the biggest reasons I loved GTA was graphics, when you see them your jaw drops at how gorgeous they are. 

I knew something had to happen to keep a smooth framerate and those graphics that look next gen. Don't get me wrong, the game's still going to look amazing and play well... (well that's up to the player). But pop in, I hate pop in stuff where things just start showing up.

Eh, to be quite honest, the GTA franchise never really had "amazing" graphics. IV looked good compared to its predecessors because it was the first game with HD graphics and technology.

For a game of this size, the graphics are still top notch but some sacrifices have to be made in order to keep the gameplay smooth. It is running on 8 year old tech, so it's damn good for what it is, I say.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Seems like someone is teasing the strategy guide. it's just the keys for the map so far, but it gives an idea of what we can do in the world.

mguc.jpg

Flight School?

No...

Noooooooooooooooooooo!

300px-Gallery94.jpg

Much rage was had back in the day. I could never do this properly. D:

Joking aside, this sounds good. I wonder how the planes will control in this. It's been a while since we last flew them in a GTA game.

Rockstar have said a bit about what they are planning to do with GTA Online.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/428960/gta-online-ambition-to-create-an-entire-gta-world-says-north-boss/

"constantly adding new locations"

MFW you may be able to go to Vice City or Liberty City eventually

tumblr_m6txqoCswB1rukogxo1_500.gif

I can't fucking wait until October 1st.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 4

Massive info dump time!

• Character progression has a "flow" but there isn't an "overarching narrative that culminates in a definitive conclusion"
  • The aim of GTA Online is to do whatever it takes to get more money in the bank and accrue assets such as cars and real estate
  • Characters appear in cutscenes when interacting with other characters in the world as they would in the single-player but doesn't speak
  • Female characters can be used in GTA Online
  • Almost all activities from the campaign are available in GTA online: "heists, missions, robberies, assaulting gang hideouts, hijacking armored vehicles, races" as well as "tennis, golf and base jumping"
  • According to Rockstar North president Leslie Benzies threre's over 500 missions. Some can be completed solo, but others are complicated and require a team.
  • GTA Online takes place after the main story, familiar faces will make appearances
  • By currying favour of characters you can be introduced to more people and delve deeper into the criminal world
  • Franklin's friend Lamar may introduce you to a car dealer named Simeon Yetarian, who wants you to steal cars for him
  • Biker gangs my support you during missions if you're friendly with them
  • A tech-savvy character you've befriended may hide you on the radar during multiplayer
  • Security firms that have taken a liking to you may be used to deliver airstrikes
  • Rockstar uses a "dynamic" system to populate GTA Online, starting with your friends and crew members, then similarly skilled players in the same part of the world.
  • GTA Online has been created to be "as customisable as possible" in terms of who you play with: "there are options to let the game decide who to play with... or you can hand pick every player in the game".
  • The game analyses your playing style as you play and surfaces missions that appeal more to your style.
  • There's a crew ranking system and a personal rank
  • The fourth GTA Online player is fresh off a plane in Los Santos, character creation involves choosing your mum, dad and grandparents and you're given a character. Then players then choose a lifestyle, make choices about the things the character does (partying, couch potato, criminal, athletics nut).
  • Starting skills are based on the chosen lifestyles, but can be upgraded, as can the look of the character
  • Players riding shotgun in cars can also control radio station, set waypoints, use a cinematic camera, or attack others
  • Holding the select button (on a PS3) pulls up a menu where outfits and gestures can be changed
  • Phone camera's can be used to take a selfie
  • During a liquor store robbery the player can shout at the cashier to hurry up through a mic and the character will respond
  • Escaping cops involves keeping yourself out of the police's vision cone
  • After each GTA Online mission cash rewards and Reputation Points are awarded. The crew leader decides who keeps the loot.
  • A leader can choose to hog the spoils but, obviously, other players might not take that very well
  • Invites are received through the character's phone and accepting seamlessly transports the player to the activity
  • Players can customise the way a vehicle handles at shops found around the city
  • In missions involving bigger teams a lobby window opens up. From this the roles such as sniper, look-out and transporter can be assigned. The crew leader can tweak settings such as time of day, weather, difficulty and how many lives they have to complete the mission.
  • Everyone is given priorities suited to their role when missions begin
  • When you have enough cash to purchase a "high end residency" you gain the ability to set up heists like the ones in the solo campaign.
  • These missions involve multiple phases, including a set-up phase. In the mission shown prep involved buying guns from Ammu-Nation and procuring a helicopter. The tasks can be split between players.
  • Passive mode can be activated if you want to enjoy Online without being troubled by other players, this is automatically deactivated when you fire your gun however.
  • Players can kill you and take your cash, so you are encouraged to put money in the bank and use ATMs.
  • Purchases can still be made using the money even if it's in the bank
  • If you are robbed, you can put a bounty on a players head for revenge
  • Each house you pruchase has space for storing cars. Modest appartments have space for two, but high-end homes can store ten.
  • Garage areas can be treated like showrooms. You can walk around and admire your cars and hire a mechanic to keep them in good condition. You can also insure them to avoid big payouts should you damage them badly.
  • You can invite friends to your home and drink, call strippers, watch Rockstar's custom created TV shows (or your friends in high-speed chases).
  • Missions are controlled through Rockstar's Social Club, which means the developer tweak them regularly.

• Thumbs Up 1

Dat immersion.

Still wondering how'll they'll handle the real estate if it's supposed to carry over from game to game and it's not infinite.