Awoo.

Patticus

I've got the game installing (in fact it should be done), but I've been out all day so I haven't played anything yet.

The download for the manual is 128MB and uses some weird format.

It's...a whole programme unto itself.

And to answer the question...it seems to have all the stuff Hogfather listed except radio-related stuff, that was just mentioned as part of some gameplay feature section. 

Edited by VEDJ-F

My mum gave me the go-ahead to order it from Amazon UK earlier, it's currently it of stock but it should be back in soon. #hyped

The biggest difference is all the ground and environment textures.

Mhmmm just what I thought especially in this one.

8E4_zpscc3acd54.png

The weird thing though is that apparently there was no lead console. That and GTA IV and RDR actually looked better on the 360.

There's been a picture taken of Michael's, Franklin's and Trevor's voice actors hanging out.

image_309622_620.jpg

Fuck me, they look identical to the actual characters.

I assume they used them as the models. A lot of games have done this in the past.

• Thumbs Up 2

Also, those comparison screens could be with the play disk installed, and Rockstar said that hampered the 360 version's performance/graphical fidelity. Show me screen comparisons where proof is given that that's not the case and then maybe we'll talk. 

Fuck me, they look identical to the actual characters.

I assume they used them as the models. A lot of games have done this in the past.

I think they actually did yeah. The only one who doesn't really look much like their character here is Trevor's VA, instead he looks more like Borat.

And now I'm imagining Trevor in a mankini.... 

Oh_God_Why-47-650x650.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I think they actually did yeah. The only one who doesn't really look much like their character here is Trevor's VA, instead he looks more like Borat.

If you remove the excessive hair and the 'stache, it actually does look like him. The facial structure look the same to me.

Ironically, you can even get similar haircuts and beards, that are shown here, for the respective characters.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, those comparison screens could be with the play disk installed, and Rockstar said that hampered the 360 version's performance/graphical fidelity. Show me screen comparisons where proof is given that that's not the case and then maybe we'll talk. 

I'm afraid it's not to do with the play disc. If it makes you feel any better the 360 version's framerate is a bit better.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Digital-Foundry-Confirms-GTA-5-Framerate-Asset-Issues-Xbox-360-PS3-59165.html

Well I care about framerate more then a few slightly blurry environment textures so I'm okay with this. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

I'm afraid it's not to do with the play disc. If it makes you feel any better the 360 version's framerate is a bit better.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Digital-Foundry-Confirms-GTA-5-Framerate-Asset-Issues-Xbox-360-PS3-59165.html

I get a 404 error when trying to look at the page...........

EDIT: I am sorry for double posting

Edited by Chaos Warp

Driving's a nice fine line between the old GTAs and IV. They toned down the realistic weight and made driving fun again pretty cool. Yay.

The missions are pretty damn diverse, it almost never feels like I'm playing the same mission again with different story. Best ones imo are the Heist missions and alot of Trevor's missions. I also like how it's a serious story yet still has an upbeat general tone throughout.

Customization, Different Stats for the characters, The City/Country. Someone said it as a joke before but this really does feel like San Andreas in HD. There's some flaws throughout, but nothing too major has come across yet. About 8 hours in, and I hope it stays that way.

For a first impressions, this is pretty great. I'm perfectly fine with it not becoming amazing or "GOTY GOTY GOTG!" as everyone's saying. It's already generations ahead of IV, and really brings me back to the fun GTA feeling I had playing Vice City and San Andreas.

• Thumbs Up 2

So has anyone been able to drive a train yet? I know you can fly Jumbo jets but i'm not sure about trains..

Not yet. I swore you could, although I haven't heard "official" confirmation. It isn't easy tho' because so far outside of missions I haven't seen the freight trains stop. Stealing one in the conventional manner looks impossible. I tried stealing it in motion by jumping onto an empty pocket container wagon, and make my way to the front Back To The Future style, but my attempt failed at the last moment trying to jump onto the locomotive and Trevor (who I was playing) died. Subsequent attempts to repeat the sequence failed because Trevor would get clipped and flipped over or die like Red Dead Redemption.

Major Spoilers. Probably already mentioned though.

I guess the Lost MC really are Lost and Damned. With Johnny, Terry and Clay being dead.

Johnny should of dumped Ashley when he had the chance.

I run her over. Making sure Trevor doesn't make the same mistake.

Edited by BW199148

... ... .this game is fucking fantastic!

If anything, this game just shows you how much of a drop GTA 4 was from San Andreas. Dialogue (aside from whenever there are two black characters on screen at once, the whole 'shits' and 'nigger' every second is really starting to wear thin) is really good, characters are belivable (aside from a few side/NPC's), it's also probably the first time in a sanbox game that we've got characters actually showing how they feel through their body language as apposed to just their voice, or at least to this high quality,

Car handling is up there with Driver San Francisco, and I just managed to fly a helicopter for a bit... ok amazing.

But also, and this might be considered a spoiler.

You know those truck missions? The ones that have you pick up a truck illegally parked somewhere? When you bring it back, theres a police station behind the impound. You can actually go into the area, and climb up onto the roof, steal the helicopter without being noticed, yeah, steal in a sandbox game that actually works!

Really impressed with it so far, I don't think it beats The Last of Us for my favourite game of the year, but it's bloody close!

I think... I think potentially I've found my new favourite GTA... even though I love SA to bits!

• Thumbs Up 4