Awoo.

Patticus

My parents let me and my brother go to the midnight release as well as play it, so where on the scale of lousiness would that fit exactly?

Speaking of which, I've fiddled around with the game and watched my brother go through a bit of the story, and I have to say it's quite impressive. I like the actual cinematography work where there seems to be at least some rudimentary knowledge of the medium on display, and the motion capture does good in selling the performances (almost everyone's still stone-faced though; goddammit, game developers). The characterization is entertaining, particularly Lamar's outright incompetence and Michael's problems balancing his home life with his criminal past. Most impressive to me about the game though is not the graphical quality, but the seamlessness and timing of it all. There isn't a single loading screen, in-game dialogue is not interrupted by cut scene transitions, and characters will even repeat lines if an in-game action like a car wreck interrupts them. Tutorial text is pushed out of the way. It all plays up the cinematic angle they're going for. I probably won't really play this game in-depth outside of a handful of missions, as these kinds of open-world thingies aren't my bag, but I still appreciate the effort that went into it. It's an enjoyable little package.

• Thumbs Up 4

Yeah I went to my cousin's house and I watched him play about 7 hours of the game, and even without playing it I can say that this is an EXCELLENT game.

I'll probably even get it myself in the future and the first and last GTA game I've played was San Andreas.

By the way, GTA V sold more copies than MW3 in a DAY (13.5 million) than MW3 managed to sell within a WEEK (12.8 million). Holy crap, that's actually a bit scary. LOL.

Edited by KrazyBean

By the way, GTA V sold more copies than MW3 in a DAY (13.5 million) than MW3 managed to sell within a WEEK (12.8 million). Holy crap, that's actually a bit scary. LOL.

The market must have expanded somewhat since MW3 arrived, and GTA probably has a wider appeal than MW does at the best of times anyway.

Still though, that's a phenomenal accomplishment.

Lost MC isn't the only GTA IV thing. During the planning of the first assault at the jewlery in Michael story, when they are thinking for candidates for the assault group, Lester says "There is this eastern european guy...but he has gone too silent". I think thats a clear refererence to Niko.

Speaking of GTA IV references, here's a doozy

You actually meet Patrick Mcreary whilst driving about, I was just outside my safehouse when he and a mate were robbing a drug store, I helped him out and now he's available for heists!

One issue I have with this game is the weapons. Don't get me wrong, they're great to use, but now that we can have multiple guns in the same category, it kind of makes things easy to do.

Previous GTAs only allowed you to have one gun in the same category, i.e you can't have two types of pistols, but this game allows you to have ALL weapons of any type at once.

This may not sound like an issue, more of a nitpick, but it's just something that doesn't really click with me. Not to mention that weapon ammo can go up to 10000 bullets for most guns, and since you don't lose them when you die (other than getting busted, which confiscates your ammo but NOT your weapons), this takes away the tension of running out of ammo in gun fights, which I enjoyed in past GTA games.

By the way, the Minigun is fucking amazing. I'm glad to see it back after so long.

So I was just in the options menu trying to adjust the radio volume (feels a bit quiet) and I found something I didn't know the game had.

Did anyone else know that this game, at least the PS3 version, has motion controls?

So I was just in the options menu trying to adjust the radio volume (feels a bit quiet) and I found something I didn't know the game had.

Did anyone else know that this game, at least the PS3 version, has motion controls?

I didn't know this had it, but it doesn't surprise me. IV had the same thing. I don't use them, but it's there for anyone who wants it.

Remember this?

I can't wait until November when I'd old enough to buy this game!

LOLNO, WE SHOPPERS DRUG MART NOW WHERE THEY ARNE'T A GAME STORE AND ARNE'T STRICT WITH CHECKING ID, ESPECIALLY WHEN I LOOK OLDER THEN I AM. GTA 5 get!

I'll start installing the disk a bit later. Can't wait!

• Thumbs Up 2

Remember this?

LOLNO, WE SHOPPERS DRUG MART NOW WHERE THEY ARNE'T A GAME STORE AND ARNE'T STRICT WITH CHECKING ID, ESPECIALLY WHEN I LOOK OLDER THEN I AM. GTA 5 get!

I'll start installing the disk a bit later. Can't wait!

Ha ha, nice!

Get ready for some FUN!

Don't mind me, I am just crying over the fact that the PCversion might not even come out this year.

Edited by Dom
  • Thumbs Up 1

One issue I have with this game is the weapons. Don't get me wrong, they're great to use, but now that we can have multiple guns in the same category, it kind of makes things easy to do.

Previous GTAs only allowed you to have one gun in the same category, i.e you can't have two types of pistols, but this game allows you to have ALL weapons of any type at once.

So like Red Dead Redemption?

So has anybody got any tips to generate some income? huh.png

I'm having trouble with this too. The side activities don't really give you much, and the heists are pretty much the only way to get a lot of cash coming in for me.

I suppose investing and trading stocks could work, but I haven't really bothered with that function properly.

Yeah this is bugging me too. In GTA 4 I had too much money, now I barely have any.

Though I don't think money is shared, some characters might have tons compared to others. I bought the sandy airstrip and assumed I would generate cash from it, was able to do 2 drug missions and get just under 20k back from the 150k investment, so no idea how that works out.

I havn't tried anything like hijacking the money vans or any of the activities for cash yet.

Can you replay missions for cash?

Finally I can post here XD The game is gorgeous, just played a couple of hours at my brother-in-law's house.

It's the opposite of GTA 4. It's quick and vibrant. The graphics and the illumination are surreal, but there are some pop-ups here and there. The framerate was good all the time for me, maybe because I'm playing the digital version.

Now the controls. It's. Funny. Reminds me of Saints Row, which I appreciate, GTA 4 was slipery was hell. The shooting is much better. Never played Max Payne 3, people said it's like that game, but yeah, it's pretty tight.

Can't say much about the story, I was just messing around XD So far, I like it.

lol this kinda looks like the gamestop near my house, but i doubt that it is.

I don't know if someone did this, but when playing fetch with Chop, I used the ball to throw it to a man's head, that man was about to fight me and Chop took him for me. I don't know if the people that kills Chop raise your wanted level, but I found it funny to do it :P

Okay so I didn't install the play disk yet it's giving me the "play disk installed" issues, like the pop-in and reduced graphical fidelity. I actually shut off my Xbox 360 during my first install attempt, but all (seemingly) went well the first time, I inserted the second disk and started playing. Could it have anything to do with the fact that my 360 dates back to 2008, or my failed install attempt, or did I do something wrong?

Edited by Chaos Warp

Yeah this is bugging me too. In GTA 4 I had too much money, now I barely have any.

Though I don't think money is shared, some characters might have tons compared to others. I bought the sandy airstrip and assumed I would generate cash from it, was able to do 2 drug missions and get just under 20k back from the 150k investment, so no idea how that works out.

I havn't tried anything like hijacking the money vans or any of the activities for cash yet.

Can you replay missions for cash?

I don't think you can make money from replaying mission you couldn't in TBOGT.

Its a shame you can't do small Heists. For example being able to stick up small banks and businesses. The money trucks very rarely appear and you have to have some C4 to stick to the doors. I think?

People say use the stock market but I have no idea what to Invest in? 

Edited by BW199148

Found a video on how to invest in the stock market.

Okay so I didn't install the play disk yet it's giving me the "play disk installed" issues, like the pop-in and reduced graphical fidelity. I actually shut off my Xbox 360 during my first install attempt, but all (seemingly) went well the first time, I inserted the second disk and started playing. Could it have anything to do with the fact that my 360 dates back to 2008, or my failed install attempt, or did I do something wrong?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/17/gta-5-xbox-360-installation-issue-solved-with-usb-drive