Awoo.

Patticus

Ok hold on how severe is the popup, like minor small things (I usually only have this problem w/rocks) and is your performance like about on par w/gta 4, because mine is about that speed, if slightly faster. I want to know, because I play on a used xbox 360 elite.

I don't know about comparisons to GTA 4 since I never played it, but it's pretty much at the level of that video Digital Foundy made where the play disk was installed on the hard drive. 

I have a new favourite bit.

Theres a mission called 'did somebody say Yoga.' At the end of this mission you get high and the sequence is amazing. Anyway, at the end you wake up wearing only pants. There was a BMX nearby, so I took that... rode all the way home... and rode the bike through the doors and into the kitchen as Michael yells out 'I'M HOOOOMMMEEE!"

It shouldn't be that funny... but my god it was!

• Thumbs Up 3

I was talking to a Microsoft rep trying to solve my pop-up and graphical issues, and he told me that Rockstar was working on an official solution for these problems, like a patch or something. Can anyone source this?

EDIT: Another update on my GTA 5 running problems:

So apparently the issues that I've having with GTA 5 may be a problem with the copy of the game itself................so depending if I can exchange it or not I may have to shell out another 60 bucks to get another copy...............Shit I've spent the money the game cost+half of it just trying to get it to work if I'm forced to buy another copy...........

Edited by Chaos Warp

I have a new favourite bit.

Theres a mission called 'did somebody say Yoga.' At the end of this mission you get high and the sequence is amazing. Anyway, at the end you wake up wearing only pants. There was a BMX nearby, so I took that... rode all the way home... and rode the bike through the doors and into the kitchen as Michael yells out 'I'M HOOOOMMMEEE!"

It shouldn't be that funny... but my god it was!

I loved that...but this made me laugh even more

seeing trailers for this game, I was really hoping that the writing would stray from the condescending, preachy, overdone, out-of-context, unrealistic, and hopelessly one-sided, left-wing political and social commentary. Sadly just reading the Wikipedia article about this game tells me otherwise. There's literally a mission where you torture someone for the FBI and then the protagonist bitches and moans about how pointless it is to use torture. I really wish that Rockstar Games would fire Dan Houser.

Edit: Firing Dan altogether would be unwise because of how integral he has been to the series, but he should stop being involved in the writing process. I'm tired of playing games from the company and always having to suffer through a steady barrage of blunt, middle-school-level attacks on my beliefs. It's unnecessary. I would never want the series to do this shit to the Left, either.

Fire Dan Houser, the creator?

KingLaugh.gif

Why because they criticize and take the piss out of America and its hypocrisy something they have been doing since day one in the GTA series?

Good luck trying to have him removed from writing the series as well (he has co-written all the other GTA games). If he was removed it would suck and the heart of the game would be lost in my opinion.

You do know they criticize the Left and Liberals as well you know?

Edited by BW199148

So I just did the Lester mission where you do the hotel assasination. And I invested in Betta Pharmaceuticals before hand...

Guys... DOES THIS STOCK EVER FALL!?

I invested all the money I had in this stock, did the mission, it's now upto a return percentage of 79.5. With Michael I'm due to make 850,304 if I sell now.

I've been on the market for about 20min and the stock is still climbing, it's just gone up to 79.9! Does this stock ever fall? Only I'm struggling to see the point in selling the stock anytime soon since it's not dropping at all!

edit: 80.26!

Edit urm.... 3?:

I just sold my stocks. Because Betta is on the social club stock page I think I suffered a glitch so I decided to sell to avoid a crash.

With Micahel and Trevor, the price hit 81.5 And it froze there for 5 min. But with Franklin it dropped to 81. So I decided to sell at that.

In total, made over 1 million from 1 mission. Easiest way to make money, just do all the side missions before the Lester missions and then invest. Then just keep refreshing the stock page.

Edit 2:

just reading the Wikipedia article about this game tells me otherwise.

And then your argument lost all credability.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't try the social club (green) one unless it's tied to an ingame mission that you're doing, the demand on the servers is so high right now it can break easilly.

They say that actions you do ingame such as rob clucking bell or destroy certain company assets can influence the stock market, only some people have had very mixed results with this.

You're really best just doing the lester missions/manipulation anyway, the only way you'll see a stupidly high return on investments is if you invest missions into the market and hope it climbs by a few points anyway.

Don't try the social club (green) one unless it's tied to an ingame mission that you're doing, the demand on the servers is so high right now it can break easilly.

They say that actions you do ingame such as rob clucking bell or destroy certain company assets can influence the stock market, only some people have had very mixed results with this.

You're really best just doing the lester missions/manipulation anyway, the only way you'll see a stupidly high return on investments is if you invest missions into the market and hope it climbs by a few points anyway.

Does BAWSAQC work offline? People say you have to sign up to Rockstar's Social Club I can't because it asks for Twitter or Facebook and I use neither of them. sleep.png 

It works based off other peoples data, and you don't need a twitter/facebook, at least I didn't, and if you do, make a dummy twitter one for stuff like this.

How can GTAIV be an assassination of the concept of the American Dream when the oh-so-helpless victim Niko Bellic immediately turns to crime without even trying to be law-abiding beforehand?

Yeah man I mean, he enters the country illegally because if he tried to enter via the legal ways he would likely be refused and then when he does enter the country, whats the first thing he does? Gets a job at his cousins taxi rank.

You can if you like stop playing there and just let GTA become a taxi simulator if you like, only I imagine that would be a waste of £34.99.

Also maybe you should actually play the game before you complain about it, only anyone who has played it would know that with the exception of Trevor, at least Franklin and to a point Michael don't actually want to commit crimes.

Edit: Oh whatdoyaknow, Just playing the game, got the radio on and theres a bunch of stuff from the right and the left which is put accross in a reasonable way... yeah, totally one sided.

• Thumbs Up 2

You're not listening to me.

You are complaining about GTA V... because it doesn't represent your beliefs, yet at the same time you've openly stated you have not played it.

• Thumbs Up 1

So listening to the radio, is anyone just a tad disapointed with it? I know I saw this after every GTA comes out, but usually by now I've found something in it that I really like. The pop station got old really fast and the 'chatterbox' station is such a let down, even Lazlow and fernando being given big slots doesn't save it, it just feels a little boring.

I loved the rock stations in the last two games and theres quite a lot of good stuff here but, it doesn't really give me that kick I'm looking for. I can't put my finger on it, but the stations just seem to become old quite quickly this time, wilst the country stations fit with the desert areas, most of the game seems to be spent in the city so it doesn't quite fit.

Am I alone in this? Or is there a gem of a station I'm not listening to?

Again, you refuse to listen to me.

You are complaining about a game that you have not played.

Why should anyone listen to your argument when all your doing is quoting sources to support your political beliefs without experiencing the game for yourself?

• Thumbs Up 3

SpikySprinter. Vice City mocked Reagan and right-wing politics several times. Clearly this game series isn't for you if it offends your political beliefs that much.  

If played this series properly you would understand they have mocked many political agendas. You also forget GTA IV was the first game properly set in a post 9/11 world and they have significant influence from that including criticism of it.

Why do you dislike Dan Houser so much is it because he is British and mocks the land of red, white and blue? Why him several people work on this including his brother.

Its not just right wingers they criticize, they clearly criticize the Obama Administration as well as other political beliefs like Hogfather said perhaps you should play the game and stop being so narrow minded?

Edited by BW199148

All the political satire is such a small part of the GTA world that I honestly find it baffling that you'd label the entire series/studio with 'Houser-branded' preachyness'. It's a few comments here and there at most, with the main focus of all these games being on the characters that you play as and all the shit they go through to get to what is almost always a dirty, crime-filled life. All for the sake of being a fun videogame. I'm sure one or two of the radio stations can be a little preachy at times, but I never usually listen to the chatter-based ones since I prefer music while I'm driving. Easy option? Turn the station over. I respect your beliefs man, but it's a shame they're coming between you and an incredibly well-made game. 

On another note, jumping and pressing B/Circle has to be my favourite addition to the franchise in a long time. Love this game so far.

• Thumbs Up 1

Welp.

Beat the story. Had it for 6 days, me and some friends played the hell outta it.

Ending was pretty nice, and the way they wrapped up everything was surprising at first, but worked out well in the end.

btw I picked option C. No way I'd ever kill Michael or Trevor.

So I went to a Strangers and Freaks spot with Franklin and then he starts talking with a dog as if they both understood each other...weird...

Also Trevor meets Barry too...

And he fights clowns instead of aliens...and he doesn't seem to like them too much...

EDIT: I noticed a 4th slot in the character select...Is it going to be for the GTA Online player or will it appear later in the story?

Edited by Monovec

So I'm chasing a guy, and he hides out in a house on stilts. And I'm driving a truck. And I'm like... "Wait a minute... No fucking way..."

And then it happened:

> mfw:

mel-gibson-braveheart.jpg

Best game ever made ever.

• Thumbs Up 6

So I went to a Strangers and Freaks spot with Franklin and then he starts talking with a dog as if they both understood each other...weird...

Also Trevor meets Barry too...

And he fights clowns instead of aliens...and he doesn't seem to like them too much...

EDIT: I noticed a 4th slot in the character select...Is it going to be for the GTA Online player or will it appear later in the story?

The fourth character is for gta online.

So I'm chasing a guy, and he hides out in a house on stilts. And I'm driving a truck. And I'm like... "Wait a minute... No fucking way..."

And then it happened:

> mfw:

mel-gibson-braveheart.jpg

Best game ever made ever.

Yeah I got the reference as I heard what Michael was going to do. I love the references smile.png

I found some things.

GTA 3 Tank

Theres a mission where you have to tow a car full of drugs with Franklin. In this junk yard is a rusty tank that you can't drive... it's the same tank design from GTA 3.

How to steal a jet with 'ease'

Starting outside the airbase at the 'check point' call for a taxi, when it arrives, steal it, then imediately activate the taxi missions and drive onto the base. Turn left through the car park and drive to the middle of the runway where the jet is.

For some reason, doing this doesn't aggro the military the moment you pass through the checkpoint, it triggers them when you hit the runway, this grealty improves the chances of success as the runway isn't full of military and the tanks do not get there in time.

Anyone figured out how to steal a jumbo jet without the police damaging it too much? So it actually stays in the air for longer than a few min?

Has anyone done the rampage were Trevor kills Hipsters?

If this guy was real I would buy him a beer for doing that. 

Edited by BW199148