Awoo.

Patticus

Just Cause 2 was trying to mimic an entire country, Hogfather. San Andreas was at best mimicking a single US state, or several and pretending they were one. There's a difference of intended scale behind both games, and the technological limitations of each game's development team were dramatically different too.

The trailer goes live at 4pm GMT today; that's 12 noon EST, 11am CST and 9am PST. Don't expect Rockstar's servers to be in any condition to cope with the sheer volume of traffic that'll be headed their way. We'll all be better off waiting for the inevitable YouTube uploads.

THIS IS QUITE EXCITING, ISN'T IT CHAPS?

Only 15 minutes left, guys! So get ready! =D

Why not watch this while waiting?

I feel odd for thinking, "Hey, those graphics are still pretty damn good!" xD

Edited by MarcelloF

Check this out.

http://i.imgur.com/uBWCz.jpg

This is the comparison with GTA III and SA with other game world maps. Imagine GTA V being bigger than Just Cause 2, or even bigger than Daggerfall, being 70,000 square miles! With that, have even more detail than GTA IV.

Who else has caught sight of the trailer, then? Graphically it's beautiful, which was only to be expected. The setting being San Andreas again doesn't impress, but it looks like it might just focus on L.A. and its surrounding areas rather than a big state.

Looks great though, I just hope the music isn't complete shit this time.

• Thumbs Up 4

The GTA V trailer is cool, but hasn't really wowed me. Look forward to seeing more.

Trailer is typical Rockstar fanfare, we need real details to evaluate it's potential.

Expecting a press release soon.

Wow!!! Those graphics!

Other than that well. Trailer says nothing and game will probably relased in 2013.

Looks good but dang Modern times again?

Expects Dubstep radio station, agh!sleep.png

Wow!!! Those graphics!

Other than that well. Trailer says nothing and game will probably relased in 2013.

Edited by BW199148

I was insanely irritated at Vice City's horrendous 1980s setting; being a denizen of the 90s and 00s, most of its references flew over my head. I'm happy that the game is another contemporary affair.

What? strange I am younger than you and I love it, maybe I have more older tastes in music and culture than you do because I got most of the references?tongue.png

Are people sure that its San Anderas it could just be Los Santos and the surronding countryside?smile.png

Edited by BW199148

I just read this comment on Youtube:

It's not JUST Los Angeles. It's San Andreas as a whole. The leaked 4chan info might be true afterall (the main protagonist being a Hispanic named Aidan, etc.)...

Anyone know more about this?

----

Despite me saying I didn't really like SA originally, I'm pretty excited for this. Maybe I'll enjoy it more without CJ and his gangsta pals. It definitely looks good.

Are people sure that its San Anderas it could just be Los Santos and the surronding countryside?smile.png

It doesn't really sound like that would make much sense..

Edited by MarcelloF

Anyone know more about this?

Just some bullshit someone spouted on 4chan. There was no hint that the protagonist might the Hispanic. I'd rather it was the old Italo-American guy.

611.png

Dat mountain.

gta5v.png

gta52.png

It doesn't really sound like that would make much sense..

I don't get you? It didn't show anyplace that looked like San Franciso or Las Vegas. Thats why I am saying that might just be Los Santos. People might be right it could be the whole of San Andreas but until Rockstar reveals more and confirms I ain't holding my breath.smile.png

Edited by BW199148

I don't get you? It didn't show anyplace that looked like San Franciso or Las Vegas. Thats why I am saying that might just be Los Santos. People might be right it could be the whole of San Andreas but until Rockstar reveals more and confirms I ain't holding my breath.smile.png

I just don't see them taking out most of the world. There are such huge games (Look at the comparison on the last page) nowadays, I assume Rockstar would like to contend.

Edited by BW199148

If it's all confined to one station I'll be over the moon. Also, I hope there's some Tea Party mockery!

I do doubt its going to be a whole state because of the amount of detail. Seeing as the amount of time it would take to develop and put so much detail into one City let a lone a whole state.unsure.png

Edited by BW199148

Yeah, I'd rather Rockstar not fuck around with heavy handed subtext this time. Back to pre-GTA IV levels of fun should be across the board, not just the gameplay.