Awoo.

Patticus

So Rockstar seem to have fixed the social club issues... I'm now getting social club notifications every second in my game... I don't particually care if XXXX has been wasted over 50 times...

Anyway to turn these off?

So how do I log in to my social club account now that it's fixed?

I'm curious. How much do you lose when you get Busted? lol I'm genuinely asking because so far in my gameplaying I never got arrested once, not even during missions. Wasted a lot but never Busted.

Yeah earning money in the game isn't great. You lose a lot when things go wrong.

Speaking of money, a spoiler leak about GTA Online.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a518039/gta-online-leak-hints-at-microtransactions.html

Well I was wondering why there's an xbox games store, I guess now I know then.

Edited by sunic

Did logged in automatically once I started GTA.

When I realized that Mary-Ann could meet all 3 characters I was looking foward for the moment that Trevor met her...

IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH THE WAIT!

You know at some point you are given an option of what to do with certain characters

What did you decide to do with Michael's therapist and if you did too, with that actor that Trevor helped to kidnap for Nigel?

Edited by Monovec

I'm annoyed that the stock market seems to be the main way to make money about a quarter way through the game when there doesn't seem to be any logic to how it works outside of if you think to invest on the handful of assassination missions where it bothers telling you enough to actually do so (assuming you even have much money left with that specific character, which I don't because I bought a business). I'm basically just hanging on at this point by the money I had with the jewellery store heist about 20 missions ago.

These are not story spoilers, but they're things you really really should know.

Franklin gets an email asking him to take some online test, after completing it the player is asked to pay a fee...

Now due to the way this is set up, it looks like it's going to pan out and be a side quest... but it's not, well it is but... you'll see.

The first time you end up paying around $25,000 when you do this, the reward? A T-shirt. Until a way to really make money comes to light... do not do this.

Secondly. Trevor can find a lady called Antonia Bottino She is located here...

20130922_000919_zps17234af2.jpg

DO NOT TAKE HER TO THE CULTISTS!

She is the daughter of a character from GTA 4, if you take her to her destination you get $60,000 reward, vastly more than what the cultists can offer.

Now... saying that... if you can find 4 hitchhikers and take them to the cultists, you can enter the cultists camp and kill them all, doing so allows you to explore the area and steal a total of $100,000

Problem is, no idea if theres a 4 hitch hiker limit in the game, or if it constantly repeats, so beware when you find this lady.

Probably best to spare this lady if you've already done a hitch hiker mission as trevor and taken them to their destination.

Right... this really annoys me since the game doesn't make this clear.

The random events cannot be replayed, at least not that I can see, meaning you can miss out a significant event in the game because you can't... well... see the spoiler.

Also, it seems that say you trigger a random event, then fail it, either by a death or...whatever... that event is gone forever.

==================

Okay serious question.

Given how hard it is to make money, and how you can miss quite substancial content.

Is it worth starting over from scratch with a guide?

I'm serious, this game is good, but the more I go on the more I find cracks and stuff which has blatently been either poorly designed, or designed to force me to eventually use those microtransactions that got leaked.

Edit: Wait... so are they replayable?

It's mainly the hitch hiking that I'm bothered about since if you return all 4 it's a hell of an event/reward.

Also, aparently the mission Meltdown, if you invest in FlyUS, it's supposed to give you a big payout.

Right... I'm minimised this spoiler as best I can, its about the last mission but not story details.

If you care about trophies/achivements you might want to give this one a read, if not, you can potentially miss out on 8 different achivements.

On the final mission, pick Option C as Franklin.

Ok... I've done some more digging with this Trevor mission thing.

* Any random events that you miss/fail, can be redone, I just did one myself so I can confirm this works.

* Any random events that you complete, you cannot redo them unless you start a new game.

* With regards to trevor, there are a total of 6 events in which he can take people to the cult. You have to take 4 people to the cult in order to unlock that special event and the big money bonus.

GTA V Microtransactions have just been announced.

In the online mode, players will be able to use real game money to get ingame cash... prices are... . .. quite disgusting.

- $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card – £1.99

- $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card – £3.49
- $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card – £6.99
- $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card – £13.49

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/25/grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-details-and-prices-revealed-report/

GTA V Microtransactions have just been announced.

In the online mode, players will be able to use real game money to get ingame cash... prices are... . .. quite disgusting.

- $100,000 Red Shark Cash Card – £1.99

- $200,000 Tiger Shark Cash Card – £3.49

- $500,000 Bull Shark Cash Card – £6.99

- $1,250,000 Great White Shark Cash Card – £13.49

http://www.vg247.com/2013/09/25/grand-theft-auto-online-micro-transaction-details-and-prices-revealed-report/

But...I thought money was supposed to be earned through heists and the like, that it would be a dynamic thing. This is the height of bullshit, Rockstar, like a parody in itself.

Wow these are bullshit, I hope they are basically completely optional due to making money through heists and stuff, because fuck microtransactions, I'll earn in-game money the legitimate way. 

Edited by Chaos Warp

Not to mention this will utterly fuck up the stock market even more. Yeah lets have microtransactions which adds huge sums of money to the game which removes the 'consequences' element of gameplay.

Welp... I saw this coming. Seriously, fuck that shit. I thought you were better than this, Rockstar.

I can only hope that it's possible to kill someone who just made a £13.49 transaction and take all their cash before they get to an ATM.

The rage would be delicious.

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Something they could do to partially redeem themselves is make it so people who never used a microtransaction and want to play the game fucking properly only get paired (in online games) with people who did the same, and people who decided to cheat and use microtransactions only get placed with other microtransaction users unless the option is turned off in the menu or something, that way the game balance is kept intact.

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh God that was scary. I crashed head-on into a rock, and Trevor, despite not having a mark on him before, was ejected through the windscreen caked in blood patches all over. It was horrifying.

Also, I don't like the idea of using real money to buy in-game money, in-game money you could have stolen. Its real pick-pocketing taken to a virtual world.

EDIT: That's weird. I stole a car outside a hospital, and I got a 5-star wanted level. This was not on a mission, it was after restarting from the crash earlier in the post.

Edited by Major Ziggy

About the last mission...

Did anyone choose any other option than C?

Nope. I would never want to kill Michael and Trevor. I seriously thought that option would have Franklin sacrifice himself or something.

I did choose to do the other endings through the Replay Mission option, though. Michael's and Trevor's deaths were depressing...

So I gots a question.

Theres an area on the map called 'Great Chaparral' It's just left of the desert area where Trevor lives, specifically, the big chruch on the hill.

Theres supposed to be a random event here called 'hitch lift 4', you basically give a woman wearing a wedding dress a lift to either her home or the cultists.

And no matter what I do I just can't get this even to occur.

Has anyone else had any luck with this one? If so, what/where/how did you get it to trigger?

Right... took me a system restart and dying but I finally got that mission to unlock. And... it was totally worth doing the requirements for the cultist mission.

It is just so strange, even for GTA humor it's weird as hell. Was able to take 1 drunk driver and 3 hitch hiker's to the place for it to unlock.

Also... got a few more money tips.

1: Unlock the extra cultist mission, their camp has a rocket launcher, body armor and combat shotgun as well as 4 cases with 25,000 inside them. (if you can't unlock it, might be possible to enter their camp via a helicopter.)

2: Check your random events (can only be done via the social club), see if you have yet to complete an event called 'hitch lift 1' If you can, save this one until post game. When you do this mission, if you can get the guy to the airport (do not take him to the cultists) in under a certain time (I think it's 2:50), he'll give you a stock market tip for a company in Bwsack (social club stock market), when you invest in this, over the course of a week (ingame time), it'll climb to a very large ammount.

In terms of the microtransactions, it really could go either way. If it's handled well and the upgrades that cost money (that people will get faster due to microtransactions) can't be used in deathmatches/races and/or aren't that helpful and are mainly cosmetic and/or you don't get paired with people who have way more upgrades then you and/or some other solution to game balance, then it might be okay, making it completely non-intrusive for people who want to play without them. If it's handled badly...............it'll probably still be fun to jam with your friends but it'll be nowhere near as good as it could have been because the game balance will be fucked in about 3 and a half holes, therefore making it basically "Pay to win". 

It could really go either way, we'll have to see October 1st. Crossing my fingers..................

In terms of the microtransactions, it really could go either way. If it's handled well and the upgrades that cost money (that people will get faster due to microtransactions) can't be used in deathmatches/races and/or aren't that helpful and are mainly cosmetic and/or you don't get paired with people who have way more upgrades then you and/or some other solution to game balance, then it might be okay, making it completely non-intrusive for people who want to play without them. If it's handled badly...............it'll probably still be fun to jam with your friends but it'll be nowhere near as good as it could have been because the game balance will be fucked in about 3 and a half holes, therefore making it basically "Pay to win". 

It could really go either way, we'll have to see October 1st. Crossing my fingers..................

I've heard that you still have to level up to gain access to be able to spend money on the better weapons/cars. So even if you buy some money you won't be able to spend any of it on anything until you unlock them. It's not so much "Pay to Win" as "Pay to get a little shortcut" as they are still required to play the game.

I've heard that you still have to level up to gain access to be able to spend money on the better weapons/cars. So even if you buy some money you won't be able to spend any of it on anything until you unlock them. It's not so much "Pay to Win" as "Pay to get a little shortcut" as they are still required to play the game.

Well in that case it wouldn't be too intrusive, people playing legitimately wouldn't have too much of an disadvantage. It would be somewhat of a disadvantage but not too jarring. 

Also I have to echo what Cake said that it would be positively hilarious to be able to kill people who just bought cash cards and steal them for yourselves before they get to an ATM. I would love that. 

"Yeah, fuck your cheating! I'll jack it for myself!" 

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 2

The microtransactions thing is going to cause nothing but problems.

Remember when I mentioned that 'Bounty' tip a few pages ago?

Well the same game that I play which is very similar to how GTA's money making features has had a money problem for years. The main cause, millions of dollars get added to the ecconomy without any way to get rid of it.

The issue with Microtransactions is that people can potentially flood the ingame ecconomy with potentially billions of ingame dollars, however that money does not get spent on anything, or it does, but the level of cashing being injected into the game isn't draining faster than the game can manage. The issue won't be seen at first, but when it comes to things like the stock market, someone who has spent money will be able to seriously damage it and manipulate it if they want to.