Awoo.

Patticus

You can have subtext without it being stupidly obnoxious about it. That is basically what the entirety of the story of Vice City was, for example.

Edited by TGaP Tornado

I'm honestly disappointed by the trailer because everything seems to be running on Rockstar's textbook about sticking to their guns with no clear fresh air for the series' identity (guy migrates to big town to give up hectic shit but obviously doesn't, setting is based on a past one etc). But then again this is merely a teaser and I've never had a GTA trailer convince me of the eventual quality of the final game, even if GTA IV was a massive disappointment to me.

Rockstar has confirmed that Grand Theft Auto V will be set in its fictional world of San Andreas.

San Andreas is a fictional U.S Southwestern state which includes three cites based on real U.S cities - Los Santos, (Los Angeles), San Fierro (San Francisco) and Las Venturas (Las Vegas). Rockstar has a habit of tweaking its cities, and GTA V is set in modern day, so it's possible that area names and the city's layout will change.

Previously, it has only appeared in one game - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, which came out in 2004. That game was based in the early 1990s against a a backdrop of drug crimes and gang warfare. It drew heavily upon cultural references such as the movie Boyz n the Hood and musical influences such as Tupac.

San Andreas differs from GTA 4's Liberty City not only in that it comprises three cities - and rural territory between them - but also in its heavy California culture.

GTA: San Andreas remains the best-selling PlayStation 2 game of all time

That's all well and good, but I'd personally rather that my hooker murdering simulator not spew hypocritical political ideology at me every time I turn on a car radio or watch a cutscene.

So much of what GTA does is about the US lifestyle, and that includes big, obnoxious politicians and incredibly dubious ideologies.
Edited by TGaP Tornado

But they haven't because they haven't offically said anything on their website that states that it is going to cover the whole sate of San Anderas.dry.png

So much of what GTA does is about the US lifestyle, and that includes big, obnoxious politicians and incredibly dubious ideologies.

Graphics look impressive, other then that, nothing else really. I'm really happy they brought back San Andreas.

So I'm guessing this will be on the PC,360,PS3,and (possibly)Wii-U?

PC, PS3 and 360 are the expected platforms. I'd love it to come to the Wii U too, especially as a launch title, but there's no telling right now if it will. Nintendo is clearly pushing to bring big name HD brands to its new platform; Darksiders 2, Aliens: Colonial Marines et al are a sure sign of this drive, and you'd think that GTA would be the title they'd want to acquire. So I'm hoping they see sense and go for it. They had Chinatown Wars on the DS, I hope that this makes it to the Wii U.

Well that kinda sucks.

I feel bad for the people who was hoping that it was going to be the whole state.

Deep down I just knew it was only going to be Los Santos if they were going to do the whole of San Andreas they would spent a lot more time developing it and I doubt they could fit a game of that size onto one DVD disc.

I am mean could of imagine say flying from Los Santos to Las Ventruas only for the game to stop and say please insert the Las Ventruas Disc and then wait five minutes for it to boot up again. I feel that would destory the whole vibe of it being a open state with no load times.

I remember reading that GTA San Anderas filled up all the space possible on a DVD disc at that time.

Remember that their is the countryside to explore in Los Santos.happy.png

Well look how huge Just Cause 2's world is. How many discs does that have?

True, but doesn't it have as much detail as a modern GTA game has?smile.png

I've never played it, so I can't say. I don't even want a world that big, though. I just like having 3 different cities..

I've never played it, so I can't say. I don't even want a world that big, though. I just like having 3 different cities..

Maybe one day we will get to play a State again Marcello!wink.png