Awoo.

Patticus

I'm glad that they are doing things to further take advantage of the 8th gen hardware, and better yet it's free. Rockstar Editor should be fun too. 

Finished another playthrough of the story, and I seriously think it's one of my favourite stories in games. Ending C alone feels really satisfying seeing

Michael, Trevor, and Franklin all parting on good terms with each other.

I've played a few of the new 8th gen exclusive online free mode events, and I am actually quite impressed with how much depth they have. They are very much just jobs, however the transition is absolutely seamless. In fact, there is no transition at all, these events just kick off while you are in free mode and you have the option to just jump in, no lobbies, no loading screens. 

The events themselves are well designed, surprisingly so. King Of The Castle is basically king of the hill, where a certain small area on the map is the designated 'castle', and it's a challenge to see who can occupy the castle the longest. I played this yesterday (and won), and out of the ones I have played so far, it is probably my favourite of the lot. 

Another mode that I particularly enjoyed was Criminal Damage, which is effectively just a classic "blow shit up like its nobody's business" affair; but it is somebody's business, in fact, the entire lobby's, as it's a race to see who can cause the most chaos within the given time limit. It's very taxing on ammo and it's an event that is largely skewed towards higher level players with bigger means of firepower, but it's still a lot of fun. The payouts are also quite decent too. 

So my roommate is experiencing freezing/crashing/glitching issues on her PS3 version of GTA5, she just got it used yesterday and the disc was scratchless. do you guys happen to know what would be causing this?

So my roommate is experiencing freezing/crashing/glitching issues on her PS3 version of GTA5, she just got it used yesterday and the disc was scratchless. do you guys happen to know what would be causing this?

Could be a multitude of things. GTA 5 is a very demanding game (especially for last-gen) so freezing, crashing, and glitching issues are bound to happen to the older systems. How long has she had the system? Something could have came loose in the system (which could cause overheating and lead to freezing) or the disc reader could have some dust on it. Also, sometimes there are just problems with the disc even when it appears to be clean. I'd recommend trying to get a refund/ getting a new used copy (gamestop will do switch outs if you got it from there) and seeing how things go. If you encounter the same issues it's more than likely your system.

I've also had time to try out the new events. Have to say, I freaking love them. Due to my strict internet here in college, getting into a good lobby for jobs and activities is a nightmare. It's much easier to just find a good free roam session and play things in there. Add in the great payouts and I couldn't be happier. Probably the best update this game has gotten so far for me. Wish they would happen more often honestly.

Though, I will say that I absolutely hate that beast event where one random player gets special abilities and you have to find and kill him. I swear I can never find him. The map is to damn big for him not to have a marker. I'd just give him extra abilities to compensate.

Also, I swear the military base got an extra buff with this update. It's nearly impossible to steal a jet now.

She just bought the system about a week ago and its been playing all other games flawlessly, she will return the game today though and see if a new copy will do it.

• 1 month later...

Wow, Take Two went all mafia on modders asses. what a god damned scare tactic:

Edited by goku262002

According to YT comments(yeah, I know) the only source for this is reddit. I know there's a lot of outrageous things video game companies do, but I would still like to see proof of this besides reddit.

At the request of @goku262002 I bring you my Beta Facts status on The Sharmoota Job.

Beta Facts: GTA V had an entire heist cut out of the game named the Sharmoota Job, which would have involved Michael and Trevor posing as a gay couple in order to inspect a house that was on sale. From the hints that was provided through game files and cut audio, it was going to be Martain Mandrazo's house that the two would steal from. There was going to be three approaches, one that took place during the night and was based on stealth, one that was during the day, which would have the two dressing up as clowns and another where they dressed up as mimes. One would have been a stealth approach, the other loud.

Other interesting facts includes the fact that Michael's beta name is used, although it's unknown if it was actually developed during the time that his beta name was being used, or if it was just a fake name, and was thrown in as a reference to the beta name. Horses was also going to be used for the getaway, indicating this was being developed around the time horses were still going to be able to be rideable in the game, and that the final part of the mission would have Michael and Trevor kidnapping someone's wife (Who would obviously be Patricia (Martain's wife).

Because of the fact Patricia was going to be kidnapped in the heist, and the fact that it was Martain Madrazo who was going to be stolen from, the mission is rumored to take place around the time the mission Caida Libre, which supposedly replaced the heist. There's still references in the mission itself, with Trevor talking to Michael about stealing his antiques (One of the things that Trevor specially mentions in the heist's cut audio files still in the game).

• Thumbs Up 2

It may be possible to restore it via modding, see as all the files needed are their but how would the mo-cap work? unless the rockstar editor can handle that part.

It may be possible to restore it via modding, see as all the files needed are their but how would the mo-cap work? unless the rockstar editor can handle that part.

It's currently impossible to restore it via modding. From what I know of from watching the two beta videos, the build that had the actual playable files have been removed from the game. The only files left over is the audio clips, and the unused strings and such. The house seller who shows Michael and Trevor the house is also still currently hackable into the game files, and her number can be placed into the game, along with an image of her, but it gives you a "busy" when you try to phone her number. On top of that, horse functionality from what I understand is all but removed from the game, so that'd be impossible to implement. 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this heist recreated and restored, but unless an earlier or beta build of the game is found, I very much doubt we'll see a restoration because of all the missing stuff. Currently to my knowledge, the only things that's even still in the game from the heist are the nice house interior, some screenshots of the safe being pulled out of the wall, the aforementioned sound files, blip locations, the horse minimap icon, and the clown sound effects.

Also according to the blip locations, Franklin has something to do with the heist, but it's never mentioned anywhere else.]

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well I mean sure assets will have to be borrowed and created but otherwise theirs nothing stopping modders from recreating this heist in GTA5.

I get that, but it just seems like an extreme amount of stuff would need to be recreated. It doesn't help that we still don't know the full extend of missing files, and things that would be in the mission. As the video above said, even the minimap waypoints are impossible to open currently.

• Thumbs Up 1

Also have in mind that you have the 3 options for the heist but nothing about the sub-missions for each one (aka: "Get X vehicle", "Buy X gear", etc.)

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping the thread because Rockstar is dropping a bomb on december 15th!!!

The "Executives and Other Criminals" update.

This update not only allows you to buy mansions in Vinewood Hills or yachts, but you'll also be able to become a boss, hire bodyguards (Other players) and fight rival bosses in freemode, customize your current apartment and also you'll get special abilities for being an executive

New vehicles like the SuperVolito Carbon chopper, a turreted limo and other luxury cars like the Nightshade

Noooooooow those real estate signs near franklin's house make sense, thank god! I wanted a swank house for awhile but I better not lose the ability to do heists by buying one.

Can you buy the super yacht without being a boss?

This update will be filled with more Heists Grinding than actually doing the update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

A random bump, but big announcements.

Grand Theft Auto V will be getting an enhanced port to PS5. It'll come with a host of technical and graphical improvements. On top of that - GTA Online will be launching on PlayStation 5 standalone - free to all PS Plus members for the first three months of it's release. There's going to be a ton of new content dropping on PS5 for Online as well. 

Finally - all PS4 players will be receiving one million in GTA$ every month until GTA V on PS5 launches. 

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/06/11/grand-theft-auto-v-coming-to-playstation-5-in-2021/

Grand Theft Auto V continues to excite players from generation to generation, combining an action-packed tale of three very different criminals trying to survive in modern day Los Santos with one of the deepest and most diverse online experiences to date. Now, with over 130 million copies sold, the record-breaking and critically acclaimed open world experience, we are proud to announce that Grand Theft Auto V is coming to PlayStation 5 in the second half of 2021.

Grand Theft Auto V for PlayStation 5 will feature a range of technical improvements, visual upgrades and performance enhancements to take full advantage of the console’s powerful new hardware, making the game more beautiful and more responsive than ever.

For the massive and vibrant community of Grand Theft Auto Online players worldwide, the journey through the ever-evolving, shared world of GTA Online will continue on PlayStation 5, featuring additional GTA Online content exclusive to the latest generation hardware. Plus, a new standalone version of GTA Online will also be available for free exclusively for PlayStation 5 players during the first three months. 

And starting today, all PlayStation Plus members on PlayStation 4 will get GTA$1,000,000 (deposited within 72 hours into their in-game Maze Bank account) each month they play GTA Online until the launch of GTA Online on PlayStation 5.

"Look at all these new games that probably can't be done on PS4 and definitely couldn't be replicated by playing a PS4 game on a PS5 with the supposed technical enhancements the system will provide older games."

- Developers in the conference

Rockstar: