Awoo.

Patticus

I've just noticed that the guy piloting the jet looks like the middle aged guy seen in the trailer, is this possibly the main character?

I've just noticed that the guy piloting the jet looks like the middle aged guy seen in the trailer, is this possibly the main character?

He is. His name is Albert De Silva, he left Spain to get away from the crime life, but like every GTA game, he falls into it again.

Edited by Jango

He is. His name is Albert De Silva, he left Spain to get away from the crime life, but like every GTA game, he falls into it again.

Where's this info from?

I guess that means this game will be more like The Ballad of Gay Tony than GTA IV proper?

How so?

Where's this info from?

I don't quite remember right now, but it's from one of these thousand GTA sites around. Of course, it maybe be a hoax.

Hmm, maybe that rumor about having multiple protagonists was true, because the guy in the parachute pic doesn't look like the middle aged man from the hydra and trailer.

Edit: Then again, Rockstar could be bringing back customization, or this could be multiplayer for all we know.

Edited by Nintendoga

How so?

In the sense that it probably won't try to be as gritty or realistic; it'll have a real sense of humor, a proper silly side. People didn't like that IV lacked those things, and they loved TBoGT because of them.

Personally, I love IV's realism, but I also really enjoy TBoGT's silliness.

In the sense that it probably won't try to be as gritty or realistic; it'll have a real sense of humor, a proper silly side. People didn't like that IV lacked those things, and they loved TBoGT because of them.

Personally, I love IV's realism, but I also really enjoy TBoGT's silliness.

Hmm, maybe that rumor about having multiple protagonists was true, because the guy in the parachute pic doesn't look like the middle aged man from the hydra and trailer.

Edit: Then again, Rockstar could be bringing back customization, or this could be multiplayer for all we know.

Ah, never played either of the Episodes of Liberty City parts, so I didn't know that.

You should play them, they're really good - especially Gay Tony!

• Thumbs Up 3

You should play them, they're really good - especially Gay Tony!

And specially if you enjoyed San Andreas, the missions are pretty crazy stuff just like it.

I want to. I saw them at the store today when I was there with my mom and sister, but didn't have any money. Wanted to ask my mom to lend me some, but my sister was making problems about wanting to buy something, so I decided not to xD

Speaking of buying things, I wish they'd release an HD collection of III, Vice City and San Andreas. I'm honestly surprised this hasn't been done yet. I never had Vice City and I wasn't a huge fan of San Andreas (And with getting a PS3, I disconnected my PS2 and was too lazy to reconnect it), so I stopped mid Las Venturas , which I kind of regret, but I'm still lazy to reconnect my PS2 D:

Little late there pal.

@MarcelloF If I were you, I'd just buy BOGT. Lost and Damned doesn't really add anything new, from what I've heard. And some people say the story is iffy, but what do I know, haven't played L&D. BOGT is pretty damn fun though.

So I'm guessing we're getting some more screens on Friday then?

And you know what? He somewhat resembles CJ. Could it be?

Nah, he's part of the GTAIII Era. Rockstar already said each new era is part of a different timeline, so they (CJ, Niko, etc) don't exist in the GTAV era. But there's totally gonna be references to them though.

Edited by Nintendoga

Man I am just getting more excited for GTA V. I know rockstar is going all out with this one so I can't wait to see what's in store for us.

Shit, didn't check the last page, sorry about that.

Anyway I hope we'll be able to go to the top of that mountain (Mt. Chilliad?) and drive off the edge, just like in San Andreas biggrin.png

Edited by TheCakeMiester

Little late there pal.

@MarcelloF If I were you, I'd just buy BOGT. Lost and Damned doesn't really add anything new, from what I've heard. And some people say the story is iffy, but what do I know, haven't played L&D. BOGT is pretty damn fun though.

Edited by MarcelloF

Nah, he's part of the GTAIII Era. Rockstar already said each new era is part of a different timeline, so they (CJ, Niko, etc) don't exist in the GTAV era. But there's totally gonna be references to them though.

Hum... Well GTA SA takes on 1992, when does GTA 4 happens? Assuming that GTA 5 maybe happen at the 21 century, CJ could still be in Los Santos, unless he moved out or died.

GTA IV takes place in 2008. I assume V will take place in 2012 or 2013.

In that case, CJ was probaly what, 25 years old in SA? If GTA 5 takes place in 2012 or 2013, he will be a forty man. Oh man, I would be so happy if CJ in person appears in GTA 5, and imagine if he's playable? "I hate gravity, I need this more than you I think, don't take that personal, but you're getting unjacked" all over.

In that case, CJ was probaly what, 25 years old in SA? If GTA 5 takes place in 2012 or 2013, he will be a forty man. Oh man, I would be so happy if CJ in person appears in GTA 5, and imagine if he's playable? "I hate gravity, I need this more than you I think, don't take that personal, but you're getting unjacked" all over.

Excuse me, but you appear to have missed the post which stated quite categorically that GTA V and GTA SA inhabit separate timelines, effectively existing within separate universes.

You are in no way likely to encounter characters from other universes. GTA V is very much its own game, not one tied to its past versions like a has-been who can only relive past glories in his head.

Excuse me, but you appear to have missed the post which stated quite categorically that GTA V and GTA SA inhabit separate timelines, effectively existing within separate universes.

You are in no way likely to encounter characters from other universes. GTA V is very much its own game, not one tied to its past versions like a has-been who can only relive past glories in his head.

Dang, why Rockstar created two different dimensions lol In anycase, I was just being imaginative =P

Dang, why Rockstar created two different dimensions lol

They're not different dimensions as such, they're more like different continuities. That allows them to wipe the slate clean every so often and build these places up from scratch without fear of treading on any established canon.

If they didn't, the baggage the universe would accrue over the course of a couple of generations would be pretty unbearable.