Awoo.

Patticus

I just read at GAF that R* had to delay the 2nd trailer due Sandy, damn you St. Peter!!!

Edited by Carbo
calm down your dick

New info for GTA V has been supposedly leaked from the cover story that Game Informer will be doing for the December issue that should be hitting your mail box this week or early next week. HOWEVER, the leaked information has been confirmed as fake by the editor who is doing the cover story for this coming issue. Take a look:

http://www.xbox360ac...ber-Reveal.html

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=530293

https://twitter.com/...486448076132353

On that note, Can't wait to read the article!

Edited by Urban Flow

Wait, I'm confused. They did a cover story for the game and the info in the story was confirmed fake? Or the supposed leaked info is fake?

Wait, I'm confused. They did a cover story for the game and the info in the story was confirmed fake? Or the supposed leaked info is fake?

Leaked info is confirmed as fake.
  • Thumbs Up 1

New GTA 5 art features a quad bike

screenshot_292915.jpg

http://www.computera...es-a-quad-bike/

GTA V: Rockstar begins official pre-order campaign

Retailers across Britain and the US begin taking orders ahead of media reveal

http://www.computera...order-campaign/

GTA 5 second trailer confirmed for November 14

http://www.computera...or-november-14/

• Thumbs Up 1

MY BODY SHALL PASS FOR AN INTENSE TRAINING, TO WHEN NOVEMBER 14TH ARRIVE, I'll BE ABLE TO UNLEASH MY TRUE POWER AND AVOID GETTING KILLED BY THE HYPE AND EXCITEMENT.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aaaah shit, we got THREE! Since we play as that black guy, doesn't that mean we also a dog!?

More info!

Biggest world in series history

Switch between 3 characters at nearly any time

Driving

Shooting

Melee Combat

Confirmed Vehicles:

BMX bike

Moutain bike

Road bike

dirt bikes

helicopters

planes

ATV's

Jet Skis

Cars

Trucks

Side activities

Different clothing for each character (customizeable)

Yoga

Triathlons

Base Jumping

Jet Skiing

Tennis

Full Golf Game

Vibrant Economy but (unfortunately) no buying of property

Dynamic missions (think like RDR "Hey, that guy stole my horse!" type missions)

No Romance

Houser: "We weren't sure it would work, and we're doing lots of other new stuff. We definitely would bring it back in the future but not this game. It just felt like it was going to be overly complex (with three protagonists)."

RfrvT.jpg

is pretty much my face while reading all of this.

Edited by Nintendoga

Still no real property ownership. Not sure how to take that. I would hardly be that difficult to implement it, surely?

Like they said with the romance, they probably didn't want to over-complicate things, (though buying property wasn't that complex in SA)

Oh my god

When you are not controlling the other characters, they go about their daily business and you may be surprised to see what they are doing when you jump back to them.

This sounds fucking incredible

Edit: Hey, here's the entire GI cover story scans on GTAV

http://fast1195.imgur.com/grand_theft_auto_5_gi_reveal

I'd post it here, but there's over 22 pics, soooo no.

Knock yourselves out, because all of it sounds and looks really amazing.

Edit2: More info!

http://www.neogaf.co...&postcount=1116

• GTA V "evolves nearly every mechanic, features the biggest world in series history and introduces a new technology that radically changes the way players control the game.

• Three main characters are called Michael, Trevor and Frankie.

• A quick menu can be called up to switch characters, the camera pulls away into a Google Earth-style vantage point and then drops into wherever the chosen character is

• Trevor is described as having a "maniacal personality"

• Trevor is in Blaine County, a barren, rundown desert region filled with bikers, meth heads and other people from the fringes of society

• Characters can "flick off" people and people react differently depending on the area. In a rough-and-tumble

• neighbourhood the reaction will be different from someone in a posh boutique store

• Rockstar's playtester pours a trail of gas away from a vehicle and drops a zippo lighter on it, the flame travels back and causes a huge explosion.

• Franklin is seen on Vespucci Beach looking for a car he's to repossess

• Waterfront activities include a muscle beach gym

• He drops the top of the car once he gets in

• Ammu-Nation is back

• Each character has his own personality motivation and skill set

• They go about their daily business when you're not in control, so you might find them in surprising situations when you take control of them again

• Each character has a fleshed out story arc

• Complicated, multi-tiered heist missions inspired by GTA IV's Three Leaf Clover are "peppered" into the game

• Heists are a big theme

• Rockstar is addressing mission diversity in pairing characters, it showed off a mission involving all three characters

• The trio need to perform a snatch-and-grab to get the FIB off their backs

• Trevor berates security agent guarding a chopper, Michael urges him to calm down but he keeps running his mouth, he only agreed to do the mission in exchange for help springing his friend Brad out of jail.

• Franklin isn't to comfortable with Trevor

• The three change outfits and rapell down the side of a skyscraper, when they arrive players take control of Michael rapelling down, the mechanic is reminiscent of Rainbow Six Vegas

• The musical score seems to react to the action

• They extract the target by holding him hostage with one arm while pointing a gun at interrogators with the other, at that point an icon appears giving the player the option to switch character

• You can stay as Michael and try and pick of the enemies or select franklin, switch to his perspective and snipe them from afar.

• Transition is smooth and camera angle helps you adjust

• During the chase through Los Santos the player can switch to Trevor to pilot the getaway, snipe the other pilots as Franklin, or fire an assault rifle out the back of a chopper as Michael

• Rockstar is leveraging cinematic tricks learned from Max Payne 3

Edited by Nintendoga
  • Thumbs Up 1

Wow, I mean, wow. Everything sounds absolutely amazing. There was nothing that disappointed me. the idea of being able to switch between three characters that actually go about their day while you're not controlling them, is absolute genius. Rockstar is impressing the hell out of me.

"Including both interior and exterior spaces, Los Santos is bigger than the worlds of GTA: San Andreas, Red Dead Redemption, and GTA IV combined".

Oh. My. Gawd. Holy shit...

I wonder how it will handle interior locations. I'm assuming they would have to do them like they did in San Andreas due to the sheer size of the world, where they are completely seperate worlds with no interaction between them; but I think it would be awesome if it worked like Vice City, IV and RDR where they were loaded as part of the main world.

I'm also getting Driver San Fransisco vibes from that description, and that's awesome.

Edited by Tornado
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I've read everything 'bout the GI preview. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING put me down. Seriosuly, this going to be the game of the century. My mind exploded too many times reading through this and seeing the screenshots. GOD DAMMIT, this is the biggest hype I ever had for a game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I hope there are some good Side Missions, like the Gang Wars And Drug Wars of TLAD and TBOGT other than GTA IV's Bowling, hanging out with Friends and Girlfriends.smile.png

I also hope being able to play three different protagonists won't bog the story down.

But what I read so far sounds good.

Edited by BW199148

GTAV Blowout Week

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/10/grand-theft-auto-v-blowout

"Starting Monday, November 12th, IGN will have a slew of exclusive GTA V content hitting every single day, all week long. From our first impressions of the first mission and the inner-workings of three playable characters, to the gigantic scope of the re-imagined city of Los Santos, you can read about it and watch it all first, right here."

And don't forget the trailer coming in 2 days

Such a good week this will be.

• Thumbs Up 1

Yoga

Triathlons

Base Jumping

Jet Skiing

Tennis

Full Golf Game

Okay, this has got to be the most boring thing I've ever heard. These aren't skills or anything that ever want to do in a video game, let alone real life. Base Jumping, maybe? But fucking golf? The most obnoxious sport in the world. Jet Skiing? Tennis? Fucking Yoga? When did GTA turn to lifestyles of boring middle aged people. I mean seriously. These people do nothing exciting and for fuck's sake, you are in LA. There are other things to do besides this shit. Learn MMA like in Bully from some magical Hobo. Add some Parkour skills. Walk down the street on Crack Cocaine because lord knows that is more beneficial then breathing down the smog that California likes to call fresh air.

EDIT: And I am not impressed with the size of the world at all. Judging by the extra activities that they are giving us, it will be one giant ass sandbox with fuck all to do. After the main missions are over, it will be just as interactive as GTA4, RDR, and every other Rockstar game after San Andreas.

Edited by turbojet

Okay, this has got to be the most boring thing I've ever heard. These aren't skills or anything that ever want to do in a video game, let alone real life. Base Jumping, maybe? But fucking golf? The most obnoxious sport in the world. Jet Skiing? Tennis? Fucking Yoga? When did GTA turn to lifestyles of boring middle aged people. I mean seriously. These people do nothing exciting and for fuck's sake, you are in LA. There are other things to do besides this shit. Learn MMA like in Bully from some magical Hobo. Add some Parkour skills. Walk down the street on Crack Cocaine because lord knows that is more beneficial then breathing down the smog that California likes to call fresh air.

• Thumbs Up 2

I hope you realize these aren't all of the things you can do in the game. Base Jumping was fun in GTAIV, and Jet-skiing is pretty much boat-racing, same with Triathlons, which is pretty much running, swimming, and bicycling against other players.

The golfing, Yoga, Tennis, that's all there to add immersion to the world. They said they'd rather have a bunch of good polished fun mini-games then a fuckton of games that are boring and un-fun to play.

You're making it sound like this is all you're gonna be able to do in the game. The world of Los Santos is gonna be at your limit. Create your own made-up games, cause chaos, yadda yadda yadda.

Bowling, playing darts, pool, going to the strip club what the fuck ever was boring as shit in GTA4, hanging out with your friends in GTA4 sucked ass,felt more prodding than actually engaging, and really...fuck being normal. No really, every Rockstar after GTA SA has this obsession with characters being as normal as possible. He has to be this quintessential role of pure ordinary. Look at those characters! You have Al Bundy, the black guy from those Allstate commercials, and motherfucking Michael Madsen as your choice characters. I am sick of being mundane and doing mundane activities for the sake of appearing mundane in Rockstar games. And no, you can do that shit like cause chaos for shits and giggles in any sand box game so acting like that is something only Rockstar can deliver is absurd. Those activities are shit activities that the player has the option to do after they finish the game. Never mind the fact that they are utterly boring. Fuck immersion. I do not care if my character does normal things like blogging or posting on forums.I don't find that shit neat. There is no incentive to actually do anything in the game after the missions are over. You have the freedom to do shit, but what does it matter? You can shit in the woods, but who cares if no one else knows? Get some real fucking interesting hobbies like Snowboarding, Skateboarding, Swimming, and Athletics or tech work. You are in California for Christ's sake. I am sick of playing these utterly ordinary vanilla characters that Rockstar is championing. Jesus.

After the main missions are over, you keep on doing whatever you want. If you're expecting the ability to do everything like you can in the real world, that just ain't happening. It'll be years and years before they have enough power to do that. I didn't play RDR too much, but from GTAIV, there was still alot of shit to do after the story. Call your friends to drink, darts, bowling, date, drug exchanges, street races, base jumps, do assassinations, or just straight up do whatever the game let you do, which was alot of unlimited stuff. And there were the extra story/activities that the DLC packs added in.

Just like every other Rockstar game, you can't expect them to give you everything, you have to be imaginative, creative, find stuff on your own and what not.

After the Assassination missions line was over, there was nothing else. Calling your friends for a drink isn't something I want to do in a video game. Base jumping is again something you could do in multiple sand box games. Playing darts, bowling, dating? Really, this is something you are championing? Drug Exchanges were interesting, but whatever. Street Races don't count because they were pretty much in almost every open world game ever. No really. There is a street racing option in almost every open world game. It is something that developers do to make the player use the cars. Unlimited? No, extremely limited. Assassin's Creed has plenty for the player to do even after the main line is done. After LA Noire, there is nothing else. You literally just replay shit. After RDR, there is nothing else, but little side missions like they mentioned(Oh, my God, my horse has been stolen). There is no interactivity in the game. No relevance in anything that you are doing after the main quest is said and done.. Rockstar has a stupid habit of throwing the player in the sandbox.with no incentive to do anything beyond just mindless killing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Like I said I really enjoy after finishing doing the Drug Wars and Gang Wars they saved TLAD and TBOGT from being boring like GTAIV was after you finished the main story.

The problem with GTA IV was after finishing it there was no way of making any money unlike previous GTA games were you had Assets and Odd Job missions that kept you afloat, GTA IV had none of this just Roman ringing me up every five seconds to see "BIG AMERICAN TITIES!". dry.png

One thing I didn't like about TLAD was they burnt down the hangout at the end, which was okay for the story but they could of re-opened it for the sake of after game sandboxing, that place was cool.

Edited by BW199148
  • Thumbs Up 1

I have to agree, GTAIV had very little actual worthwhile post-story content. Sure, you can beat the shit out of pedestrians or fight cops, or find and kill pigeons, but the first two get old quickly and the reward for the third is pretty freaking lackluster. After the story's over, unless you like multiplayer, there's pretty much nothing to actually do, unless you REALLY like bowling or darts or whatever.