Awoo.

Create your own Sonic Boss

Chaos Warp

So this topic is about ideas for a Sonic boss. How it would play, what it looks like, what it's called, etc etc. You can make a original one, take a character and make them a boss, give an existing boss a Generations-style reboot, and much more. Let's hope we we come up with cool bosses that would be satisfying to kick the crap out of!

Here's my idea.

EGG BLOWER

This boss is based on wind. It is a flying machine (that Eggman's eggpod fits into obviously), with two arms that have giant fans as hands. It's attacks are based on wind (derp) and either suck Sonic in or push him off the arena. He also makes tornadoes that you have to dodge. Your hit chance is when he stops blowing wind to cool off his fans (keep in mind he will still be moving during this time, so the hit is not just handed to you), and it takes 8 hits to finish him, as in the classics.

To finish him, you will need to perform a QTE (sorry guys, I like them if they are not overused like in Unleashed. Boss finishing is a good use in my mind), in which Sonic will say some bad-ass line along the lines of, "You think you have wind? I'll show you wind!", and then will proceed to run around the boss (which is losing altitude at this time in a Sonic Adventure-Egg Hornet sort of way) at supersonic speeds and whip up a tornado to destabilize the craft and throw it back upwards, and then Sonic will jump up, spin through one of the arms, land, and jump back up to spin through the other one! After this, the boss will crash-land and he will be defeated!

Your ideas? Discuss!

• Thumbs Up 1

So this topic is about ideas for a Sonic boss. How it would play, what it looks like, what it's called, etc etc. You can make a original one, take a character and make them a boss, give an existing boss a Generations-style reboot, and much more. Let's hope we we come up with cool bosses that would be satisfying to kick the crap out of!

Here's my idea.

EGG BLOWER

This boss is based on wind. It is a flying machine (that Eggman's eggpod fits into obviously), with two arms that have giant fans as hands. It's attacks are based on wind (derp) and either suck Sonic in or push him off the arena. He also makes tornadoes that you have to dodge. Your hit chance is when he stops blowing wind to cool off his fans (keep in mind he will still be moving during this time, so the hit is not just handed to you), and it takes 8 hits to finish him, as in the classics.

To finish him, you will need to perform a QTE (sorry guys, I like them if they are not overused like in Unleashed. Boss finishing is a good use in my mind), in which Sonic will say some bad-ass line along the lines of, "You think you have wind? I'll show you wind!", and then will proceed to run around the boss (which is losing altitude at this time in a Sonic Adventure-Egg Hornet sort of way) at supersonic speeds and whip up a tornado to destabilize the craft and throw it back upwards, and then Sonic will jump up, spin through one of the arms, land, and jump back up to spin through the other one! After this, the boss will crash-land and he will be defeated!

Your ideas? Discuss!

Holy shit...That was literally (with a few changes) my idea I had for a boss, I made it months ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's one that could work well on the 3DS: Robotnik has made a flying device that he attacks you from the air, and you are in an arena that you view from the top-down perspective. Sometimes he will throw bombs down, and sometimes he will come to ground level and shoot a laser that you must jump over. Add in some Egg Viper-style attacks and I think it would be pretty cool, seeing Sonic jump closer to you on the screen.

• Thumbs Up 1

I had a little idea for a Green Hill Zone boss remake in 3D which works as both a Sonic 4 style "learning from his mistakes" and some nice throwbacks/nostalgia:

It would be on a wide, open arena, an island floating in the middle of the water with a few other islands in the distance.

Eggman starts off just swinging the ball at you in 3D as he always used to. All you have to do is bop him underneath his Egg Mobile to strike a hit whenever the opportunity arises.

After 4 hits, he wises up. A mini cut-scene has him make spikes shoot out of the ball, and he starts spinning it round below him at ground level, like an upside down morning star. It's at pretty rapid speed, you can't get underneath.

You have to lure him into one of the trees on the arena, where the spiked ball will get wedged upon making contact. Eggman becomes stuck for a few seconds, giving you a chance to get another hit in. Eggman manages to release the spiky ball when you do so.

After 3 hits, Eggman gets smart again, retracts the spikes from the ball and makes sawblades come out all over it instead. He quickly flies around the arena and chops every tree down before heading towards you again. He also makes spikes come out of the underside of his egg mobile.

Now you'll notice he rises up and down slowly between ground level and high enough to run underneath the circular flurry of sawblade ball. What you have to do is run underneath him, and rather than bop the underside (spike covered now), you jump INTO the chain (if the game has an easy mode it'll hint at it with a jump button icon flashing up on screen when you're in place).

Sonic grabs onto the chain and you get a "from his point of view" moment, where Sonic is hanging onto the chain and the world is just rushing behind him. After a few seconds you can push A at any point to let go, which LAUNCHES Sonic (automatically aimed) onto one of the distant islands. On that island is a palmtree and a spring. If you jump into the palmtree (or are observant enough to see beforehand), there is an invincibility box in there. Jumping on the spring sends you flying back to the main island, where, as long as you're still invincible, Eggman's rapidly spinning sawblade ball just goes CLANG against Sonic and drops dead.

Then basically this happens:

http://www.notenough...nhill-boss.html

(Though I should clarify I had this idea before seeing that comic).

The final hit is struck and the boss is won. I'd love to see a game where Eggman really does try to be as clever as (sanely, in terms of boss design) possibly when it comes to catching on to his boss machine weaknesses.

I can appreciate that some people might feel the fact you NEED a power-up to win may feel a little cheap. An alternative could be knocking down a tree ONTO the spring on the island, which is then launched back over and lands like a dart within the chain's radius, halting it's movement. Just thought the CLANG stopping it with yourself is cool as hell.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 4

I can't think of a name for mine. I guess I just won't need to waste the players time spelling it out letter by letter, will I?

The Eggmobile has a bunch of pylons sticking out of it with electricity arcing between them, creating a static charge that will shock you if you get near. You need to use friction to build up a stronger charge around Sonic, causing the arc to travel the opposite direction, knocking out the electrical system leaving him vulnerable. I imagine this would take place in a circular arena with a raised center. Maybe it would have some thick carpeting as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Egg Orca. Eggman notices how Whales also hate Sonic so makes a robot of one. It would be fought in a large square arena. This boss would be to dodge his tail thrashes and as it pops up to check its attack, you hit the head. Then it gets nastier as it begins to take out the platform. You'd have to run away (Like the Orca chase in Adventure 1) until you turn a corner to the next step. Then the whale could also blow water jets from its spout potentially damaging you. This would go on Four times until eventually it swims directly towards you, leaving no platforms unless you jump into the head delivering the final blow!

• Thumbs Up 2

Maybe Eggman could build a big Sonic robot and use it against him. That would be cool. He would use Sonic's rolling attacks against Sonic and Sonic could hide in a hole to protech himself. The belly would be the attack point, which would be hard to do since most of the time the robot is curled up. The robot would also shoot out spines at Sonic. When the boss has has half/less of it's power, it will start shooting out chunky mini-Sonic robots that explode on impact and shoot lasers from it's eyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Here's another idea I had.

This is based on the scene where Eggbotnik mind-controls Tails in Colours.

​Mind-Controlled Tails

The beforehand cutscene happens the same, up until Tails tries to punch Sonic. Sonic dodges out of the way with extreme ease, and says something along the lines of, "You know I'm far faster then Tails, and that means I can easily shut this down, Egghead!", in which Eggman responds with. "Oh, I planed for that also. Do you think that this is the only thing the alien energy can do?!", and with that, two other energy cannons appear around the side of his Egg-o-Matic! When these cannons shoot Tails, he gets a purple aura around him, and, as stated by Eggman, "He is now much stronger and faster! Can you handle him now, Sonic?" Sonic says nothing, and just crouches with an angry look on his face, ready to do whatever it takes to save his best friend.....

Okay NOW FOR THE ACTUAL BOSS.

So the object is to get around Tails and hit Eggman. If you hit tails once, Sonic will say something like "No, Tails.....", and you will have to restart. The boss takes place on that generator platform where the cutscene took place. Tails's attacks include dash punches (from the ground and downwards from flight, the flying ones are harder to dodge because they make a shockwave) that you will have to jump over, Wisp-Energy enhanced tail tornado he generates with his tails, and energy shots that shoot out of his hands in a ki-blast-machine gun sort of way. If you try to get close and hit Eggman, Tails will dash-punch you and knock you back (this particular one homes, so you can't dodge it). Your hit chance comes when Tails stops and starts charging a large energy blast, then you can go around behind Eggman's Egg-o-Matic and jump up, then hit the alien energy tubes. 8 Hits and it's done.

Edited by Chaos Warp
  • Thumbs Up 5

Most people take the easy and unoriginal "Super Eggman" route. I, on the other hand, have far greater aspirations when it comes to hedgehog-dueling adversaries...

Unfortunately, I have to keep it secret for the time being, but I assure you that such concepts as the S.S.M.B. Legion/Saxophone Shadow/Metal Jimmy Saville/Egg Testosterone Master will get their explanations in due time. They're still going through the development process, you understand.

Probably the best fecal-related post ever.

You have done yourself an honor sir.

In celebration, you're allowed to take two sedatives.

• Thumbs Up 1

(comment about bosses and stuff)

That has to be the most epic post I have ever seen.

As for Bosses.... The Egg Egg? A massive Egg-shaped vechicle with spikes the rolls at a crazy speed towards Sonic. Sonic has to dodge the spikes and wait until the spikes have disappeared and then attack the cockpit with Eggman inside.

• Thumbs Up 1

That has to be the most epic post I have ever seen.

As for Bosses.... The Egg Egg? A massive Egg-shaped vechicle with spikes the rolls at a crazy speed towards Sonic. Sonic has to dodge the spikes and wait until the spikes have disappeared and then attack the cockpit with Eggman inside.

No comrade.

Two Eggs.

The Red Egg.

And the Blue Egg.

It's the only way.

• Thumbs Up 2

No comrade.

Two Eggs.

The Red Egg.

And the Blue Egg.

It's the only way.

I don't get it

What about if in one massive NiGHTS reference, the Egg Wizeman!

• Thumbs Up 1

Tails Aerial Combat Android (T.A.C.A.):

Eggman has been studying how Tails flies the plane while shooting down robots outside the Eggman's massive carriers and flying machines, especially in Unleashed. With this information, Robotnik has created an artificial intelligence that uses the same tactics as Tails would in combat. Can Tails defeat this metal clone in aerial combat?

I don't know, because Sonic is piloting.

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD MORNING LADIES AND GENTS! Welcome aboard the Tornado! Now, I feel like I have to inform you all, the last time I flew this plane was when I was like ten, and I crashed it into Green Hill completely out of gas while trying to get to Station Square, soooo...

HIIIGHWAAAAY TOOO THEEE DANGER ZONE!"

~ Sonic the Hedgehog right before the fight.

Previously in the game, you had flew the plane only once, and it was as Tails. Because Sonic is piloting, the sensitivity is increased heavily, the time you can go from top to lowest speed is decreased, and you are briefed on some over the top crazy ass stunts that only Sonic would do, such as the

Although these are not required, they would save you a lot of flying around if you did them, as Tails isn't the daredevil who could do that, and has no clue how to fight someone who could do that.

After you manage to deal a large amount of damage on the enemy pilot, a cutscene will begin where Sonic gets them on his tail, begins to do a loop, jumps out, stomps on the TACA, takes his plane, flies it over to the Tornado, switches, and flies away in the Tornado now wearing an aviator's cap with

as Eggman and Sonic's friends watch in pure awe.
Edited by Mr.Awesomest
  • Thumbs Up 1

A giant writhing cyborg lizard monster jams a space station into its ass and steers it into the earth, while you as Super Sonic and Shadow race against time to remove boils from its skin while it repels you with rubber balls and kamehameha waves.

Oh, wait...

Edited by Jayhawker30
  • Thumbs Up 1

My idea of a new Sonic boss.

http://fc01.devianta...s21-d32vvej.jpg

Sonic's ultimate challenge...himself covered in paint...

*Inserts Shadow joke here and waits for bloodthirsty backlash

It's Cinos! A half hedgehog half echidna who was created on the space colony ARK as Shadow's long lost brother and is the "Son" of Dr. Eggman. He run at the speed of light and can turn super by eating graham cracker and hyper by pouring sugar into his ear hole. His attacks are all mash ups of every single move SEGA and Nintendo have ever thought of.

Or Chris Thorndyke. Who's special attacks are screaming and stealing character's roles.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 3

One I've always wanted to see is where Eggman is riding a robo-sled down a mountain and Sonic pursues him by snowboard; he has to jump off ramps and land on Eggman while avoiding his bombs, lasers, guns, etc.

Oh yeah- and one where Sonic pursues a subway train, each car carrying a metric shitton of bombs and protected by guns, spikes and other dangerous stuff and use his spindash to slice off the hook between cars as he heads for the front. Once there, he has to fight Eggman in the front car.

I can't think of a name for mine. I guess I just won't need to waste the players time spelling it out letter by letter, will I?

The Eggmobile has a bunch of pylons sticking out of it with electricity arcing between them, creating a static charge that will shock you if you get near. You need to use friction to build up a stronger charge around Sonic, causing the arc to travel the opposite direction, knocking out the electrical system leaving him vulnerable. I imagine this would take place in a circular arena with a raised center. Maybe it would have some thick carpeting as well.

I've always wanted to see Sonic building up static electricity as a game mechanic. As for a name, how about Egg Tesla? Egglectromagnet? Stategg Shock?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 year later...

In my experiences it’s a great privilege to be able to work for a profitable company of any kind, and having a wise and experienced boss is important to keeping the company in check. Considering that this manager would be a Sonic boss, I believe he would attain certain qualities regarding hastiness and efficiency which are most applicable to any kind of business. One of my more proud moments as an employee is when the manager calls me into his office to congratulate me on a job well done. My past boss was mostly up to par with my expectations, however I wouldn’t call him a “Sonic” boss, seeing as it always took him a few tries to register certain details about myself and my family.

Just this past month my boss gave me a phone call asking to meet up with me for lunch regarding my current project in order to address some quality issues. It didn’t occur to him, however, that this was the day my wife Margaret and I were going to go on our family picnic with our newborn over to Parkway Plaza. I was a tad miffed, to say the least, as was my wife- hang on.

WHAT IS IT? NO MARGARET, I’M JUST TALKING ABOUT THAT ONE TIME- YES, THE PICNIC INCIDENT. NO, I WON- MARGARET, PLEASE, I’M TRYING TO TALK. THANKS, HONEY.

Anyway, this was just the first time I noticed he was a little slow to the draw, as I had told him that we were going to this picnic two weeks in advance, no less! However, I figured that this would be the meeting of my life, so I invited him to join my family and I to our picnic this afternoon. We agreed on the time and set out. Unfortunately, he was about 15 minutes late. If he was a Sonic boss, he would have been able to make it in-WHAT? NO, I HAVEN’T GOTTEN TO THAT PART! WHAT DO YOU MEAN I’M TELLING THEM TOO MUCH? PLEASE, I’M TRYING TO HELP EXPLAIN TO THEM- YES, I TOOK THE TRASH- NO, PICK-UP DAY IS NEXT WEDNESDAY, REMEMBER? OKAY…. OKAY, YES. NO, I DIDN’T CHANGE HIM YET- IT’S YOUR TURN ANYWAY! DANG IT MARGARET, I’M ON THE INTERNET! I’LL GET BACK TO YOU IN A – NO! GIVE ME A FEW MINUTES!

So anyway, he arrived in his usual office attire, coming up with some lame excuse about how he didn’t know where the place was! Could you imagine, I gave him the directions to the nearby park adjacent to the plaza, which, by the way, is on his daily route to the office! A Sonic boss would have been more diligent-

NO I’M NOT DONE YET. WILL YOU PLEASE GET OFF MY CASE, I’LL CLEAN IT WHEN IT’S DIRTY ENOUGH! LOOK, COULD YOU- PLEASE, I’M TRYING TO- … MARGARET, THIS IS WHY NOBODY INVITES US TO ANYTHING ANYMORE! I’M TRYING TO TALK ABOUT SONIC BOSSES TO THE-

…wait.

OH.

OH!

Bosses as in a boss battle in a GAME?! Oh jeez, do I have egg on my face! I’ll have to improvise…

THE EGG POOPER!

iftqwg.jpg

EDIT: Wow. How tired was I when I posted this?!

Indigo, what are you doing?

Posting on SSMB.

But it's 3 o'clock in the morning, why on earth are you posting on SSMB?

Because I've lost control of my life.

how does it work and what are it's attacks? I mean, this Egg Pooper.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, our own Sonic Bosses? I happen to have a few designs already of bosses I made but here's just one of them.

Egg-Hydra http://fav.me/d5cnfll

This is one of the main Eggman boss robots I designed, simple enough it's a hydra robot Eggman controls from one of the heads and the main challenge is hitting the head he is in. With all Eggman robots, this of course has an easy weak spot; pretty much the heads Eggman does not control have horrible A.I and will attack itself if Sonic gets the heads confused.

The robot attacks with moves such as lasers shooting from the mouths of the robot, bullets from the side guns, of course a shock-wave move and a tail smack.(Which is pretty much a weaker shock-wave ) The wings on it are only so it can get some air boost and can attempt to avoid some moves while making a big shock-wave.

The spikes on the head are so Sonic can not go from behind and homing attack the head; the way to attack it is just avoid the first attacks while running around and getting the other heads confused. If one of the bad AI heads knocks or harms the head/neck Eggman's controlling in, then Sonic would have to go and either boost or homing attack it from the front for good damage+ the damage done by the robot itself. Then harming the other heads with homing attacks will make the AI try to attack more, a chance to hurt the head with Eggman in it more likely. I also made a theme for this fan-boss design, but I really need to remake it. Ta-da~.

• Thumbs Up 3

How about the Eggmobile with two giant stereos on the side blasting Sonic with soundwaves? And Eggman shooting razor CDs and MP3 player grenades? For an added bonus, if Rouge is playable, have the soundwaves be a OHKO.

• Thumbs Up 3

Boss name: Airship Boss Run

Build up: The level starts in a base with several airships. The fleet takes off as you progress through the level, one by one, creating a menacing and immense group of battleships in the sky. You are in a rush to reach Eggman's flagship and he sends a horde of robots to stop you. The level is composed of many open hangars while a large variation of flying badniks stand in your way.

Near the end of the level, some of the ships start firing their deadly arsenal at you, destroying part of the shipyard. But you come out alive. Just as the flagship takes off, you manage to reach it and grab a side ladder near the left wing. This is where the boss fight starts.

Sub Boss 1: As you reach a platform, Robotnik flies in with a heavily modified Eggmobile, with many boosters attached to its back and a large launcher with many holes for missiles; in the front, he has two spiked claws. His first attack is to ram and try to hit you with the spikes. Once he gets to 75% health, he fires his first barrage of missiles at you, and continues with the claws. At 50%, he fires another barrage, and at 25% he fires yet another plus fires individual missiles at each ram.

Sub Boss 2: Once he's defeated the accessories are detached and he flies off with the Eggmobile, accidentally hitting a ladder which falls to your level. Climbing it, you get to the ship's wing, where you are surprised by a wave of EggRobos and Egg Fighters. After quickly killing them all Eggman comes in with a robot similar to the Egg Breaker, except the Eggmobile is housed inside the chest (like the Egg Emperor) and instead of a spiky ball it has a chain attached to two smaller metal balls. He launches this chain to attack you, but while he recollects it to his arm you can attack. At 25% health the top breaks off and the Eggmobile is exposed; now Eggman also fires a laser from the other arm. Once defeated Eggy escapes again.

Boss Battle: Now you go up a ramp to reach the ship's top. After advancing for a bit while facing some minor badniks, Eggman appears again to battle you in the main deck. Instead of being in a mech, he is in the ship's control room. Evidently he was prepared, as four pylons rise around the field, which form an electrical shield over the control room. There are various platforms you can stand in, and the pylons will power some of them, switching periodically; this forces you to jump between them to avoid being shocked. After a while they all power up to make one large lightning beam, while leaving the control room exposed: this is your opportunity to strike Robotnik, but you must also avoid the attack!

After taking enough damage, the glass breaks, and the electrical field shocks Eggman. He tries powering up all platforms as a last ditch effort, but then you can jump inside the control room to attack him. After this last hit, he runs away from the scene, reaching his Eggmobile and using it to escape. Victory!

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 3