Awoo.

Create your own Sonic Boss

Chaos Warp

Pandemonium Wagon.

Pandemonium Wagon is a Dark Gaia creature resembling a carriage pulled by two station wagons. The station wagons shoot fireballs at Sonic/Blaze. The carriage part shoots hooks. In between the two station wagons is the weakness, where Sonic/Blaze must bounce on the two station wagons to get to.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well since this thread is currently bumped, I suppose I might as well dish out one of mine...

Name: The Board of Judgement (...or something)

I've mentioned the zone for this one in the past. Sonic/Tails/whoever is in the middle of a gigantic chessboard, and the board itself is determined to end you. Predictably, the white spots are the safe ones, with the black ones being the not-so-friendly ones. They start out with small projectile cannons, and with two-three hits switch to increasingly more difficult and dangerous weapons, including but not limited to flamethrowers, sniper turrets, Metal Blades boomerang blades, deploying black/white horse Badniks, those bouncy projectiles from the Panic Puppet and Final Fight bosses from 3D Blast, and even giving way to create pits. Even worse, the board can occasionally change which spots are black and white, and with each hit it will act more random and go faster. There is a pattern to it, but it's hard to decipher.

But what good is a chessboard without the pieces?

Yes, there be chess pieces here, both a black and white side, each piece far bigger than your puny character. They create mild electric shocks whenever they land on the ground, they have a certain type of attack, and they're represented by a known face;

Pawns = Egg Pawns, moves forward, attacks by slamming their lances on the ground.

Knights = Mecha Knuckles, usually moves forwards or backwards and then to the side, attacks by "throwing up" small, homing missiles from their mouths.

Bishops = G-Merl, moves diagonally, attacks by firing a diagonal laser from the eyes.

Rooks = Johnny, moves forwards, backwards and/or to the side, attacks by charging forward.

Queen = Metal Sonic, moves in any direction, rarely attacks, but does so with a black diamond blast that takes up roughly about a quarter of the board.

King = The white King is the control mechanism piloted by Robotnik (the choosing of white instead of black representing how he delusionally believes he's the good guy and savior of the world and everyone else being the scum of the earth and all that). He can move in any direction but often doesn't bother... not until you've attacked him enough times anyway. He does not attack, since he's controlling the whole operation and frankly this whole thing is cluttered enough as it is. He is however shielded most of the time, and that's where the black King comes in. The black King is the shield generator.

So your goal is to attack the black King, then go over to the other side to hit Robotnik, lather, rinse, repeat. But with all those pieces on your tail as well as the board's own devices - as well as the whole deal becoming more crazy with each hit - you can be sure it's not going to be easy.

For the record, this is meant to be the first of a two-part final boss, like Mecha Sonic in the Death Egg Zone.

Edited by Dr. Crusher
  • Thumbs Up 2

-snip-
That's insane. Very creative, and I'd look forward to seeing it in a fan game someday.
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ah, thanks very much. The idea for it was to be a sort-of puzzle boss, before the more straightforward final boss mech, which would ideally be something akin to a combination - both design and attack-wise - of the Egg Emperor and the Death Egg boss from S3&K.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well this was difficult, but very fun. I was already looking for something to train my art skills with, and your idea came in nicely since I like drawing robots.

First I used the head for the Great Eggman Robo. The arm is from the Doomsday Zone boss, shield and lance from Egg Emperor. The body shape is a mix of both.

But I digress: here's the mech.

XTg2Q.png

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 1

President Eggman Mech:

After Eggman is caught rigging the elections for the Presidency of the World, he brings out this baby! This mech bears a strong resemblance to Leodore Groosevelt, one of the worlds most bombastic presidents to have ever existed, and avid hunter. Armed with a ranged rifle, powerful legs to ensure the outrunning of physically out of shape robo-senators, Bearnik dispenser to slow your progress, and a big stick. Eggman's first policy in office? "Speak Softly, and crush all those who oppose you! OHOHOHOHOHOHOH!"

EDIT: Bearnik dispenser added in; Now with additional fluffiness for small children, assuming they don't get their faces mauled off first.

Edited by Malpercio
  • Thumbs Up 1

-Egg Claw-

Basically, a giant claw machine with Eggman controlling it. You have to dodge the claw while leading it to grab either ring balls that scatter rings when crushed or explosives that damage the claw. There are some balls that might release Badniks or even do nothing at all. Eventually, the claw speeds up, fewer ring and explosive balls appear, and more blank and Badnik balls appear.

How's that? I was thinking of this being in a 2-D Sonic game more than a 3-d one.

President Eggman Mech:

After Eggman is caught rigging the elections for the Presidency of the World, he brings out this baby! This mech bears a strong resemblance to Leodore Groosevelt, one of the worlds most bombastic presidents to have ever existed, and avid hunter. Armed with a ranged rifle, powerful legs to ensure the outrunning of physically out of shape robo-senators, and a big stick. Eggman's first policy in office? "Speak Softly, and crush all those who oppose you! OHOHOHOHOHOHOH!"

Roosevelt: Needs a bigger stick.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Eggmobile incased in several layers of hazardous metal shields.

It will be named... the Egg Shell.

I'M FUNNEH.

• Thumbs Up 2

For the Not-Roosevelt robot, there must be the promise of you having to wrestle his bear Badniks, or it just doesn't work.

Well this was difficult, but very fun. I was already looking for something to train my art skills with, and your idea came in nicely since I like drawing robots.

First I used the head for the Great Eggman Robo. The arm is from the Doomsday Zone boss, shield and lance from Egg Emperor. The body shape is a mix of both.

But I digress: here's the mech.

XTg2Q.png

That's actually not too bad for a quick concept. Reminds me of Metal Robotnik from the OVA.

Do not worry! President Eggman and his manly mech has arrived!

ke9n6.png

And he did not forget his cowboy hat...

uT9uy.png

Update: Oh and of course, the Bearnik dispenser!

QRCVi.png

Edited by Homem
  • Thumbs Up 3

How about an Egg Cerberus that actually has 3 heads

Here's a half-assed redesign I did, made some references to the Metal Hounds from the Rival series because I like to make my designs have references to robots already built. I also decided to give it more of a Cerberus type of look and ways of fighting such as fire and still the shockwave moves. The ways to destroy it are similar to 06; you have to get on one of the three signals on its head and make it crash into something, the main goal to break all three heads while it tries to stop you.
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wanna fight your guys' bosses instead of the majority of actual Sonic bosses we've had since, like, 2004.

Edited by PC the Hedgehog
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wanna fight your guys' bosses instead of the majority of actual Sonic bosses we've had since, like, 2004.

Who wouldn't want to fight a Groosevelt Mech?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 11 months later...

Sorry for the gigantic bump.

Those who keep track of my wacky antics will know that there's a little fanfic or two that I've been devising for a long while. For the first fanfic, I had already thought of the idea for the final boss scenario from the beginning, and I actually did show it to three members via PM back in July just to see how other folk would look at it. But now I've decided that I might as well just post it here so more people can have a jolly good laugh at this blasphemy, because... why not? It is, of course, explained in a slight nutshell since I don't want to completely spoil everything, so I apologise if these descriptions end up sounding rather... hectic.

So Sonic & Tails go on an adventure and journey within what's basically Robotnik's expy of Crocodile Isle from DKC2. They go through plenty of (hopefully) unique zones, find out more and more info whilst fighting off Badniks and - of all people -

Johnny, and have a grand old time n' shit. But eventually they come across some secret files in the penultimate zone (which would be similar to Lost Colony in terms of having little lighting for eerie effect). Turns out, the whole island is actually a glorified harbour and construction to harness Sonic's super speed, and it's used to fuel an entire fleet of battleships (think Egg Fleet, only as a naval fleet), so that Robotnik can... uh, bomb islands/kingdoms/etc at unparalleled speeds or something, starting with South Island of course (this scheme might seem somewhat smalltime, but the idea of these stories of mine is for Robotnik's plans to build up slowly but surely one by one). Once the jig is up, you go through the final zone (which is inspired by Aquatic Base and G.U.N. Fortress in terms of scenery), you have one last slap fight with Johnny, and you manage to reach the docking station of the ships.

It's actually a three-bosses-in-one kind of deal, not unlike the X-Zone and Atomic Destroyer in Advance 1 and Triple Trouble respectively, since I've always enjoyed sequential boss gauntlets in many games.

The first boss is the Egg Kraken, and he chases you through the docking station while the ships are just about to set sail. It works pretty similar to the Nega-Wisp Armor from the Wii version of Colours in terms of how the battle plays out, only he's chasing you.

Once you beat him and he falls back into the water, it looks like Robotnik's down for the count already. Sonic/Tails climbs aboard one of the ships just in the nick of time, and the ships proceed to PLOUGH through the seas at a frightening pace. After sorting out a few Badniks and managing to sink the first few ships, it all feels too easy... then Robotnik unexpectedly rises from the sea, in the Egg Leviathan.

This boss has some inspiration from the Ghost Pirate from Rush Adventure, only on drugs. The weighing of it's body parts is making the ship you're currently on rock back and forth, which is rather unhelpful when said ship is going at mad Sonic-esque speeds. You jump back and forth between more and more ships with the Levithan on your tail, with Robotnik even summoning Badniks and Egg Pawns now and then to assist him. But eventually, you manage to destroy that machine too, and it falls back into the sea as with the Kraken before it.

Now you go through the rest of the ships, fighting more and more Badniks and Pawns, until you finally make it to the flagship, which basically looks like a more futuristic, more warfare-y Titanic. After going through a brief remake of Sky Base Act 2 from the Master System/Game Gear Sonic 1, you come across the suspiciously quiet yet pretty corridors of the flagship for a select period of time... until something suddenly makes a loud crash. And to your horror, you find a massive (and as of now, yet to be named) mechanical monstrosity - with a few subtle cues from Perfect Chaos - sweeping through the corridors and generally just trashing the place in a fit of rage in regards to killing your ass. Sonic/Tails goes through the entire ship, speeding through lounges and hallways and such while fighting the machine simultaneously (sort of like Bowser in 3D Land, only more of an actual boss), until at last you reach the deck. Then after fighting it for a bit there, the fight takes a turn for the King Kongian, with you and the robot progressing further and further up to the tippy top of the flagship - a mix between platforming and Terminal Velocity in reverse - amidst a backdrop of the peaceful yet ominous night sky.

Said climbing part would work in a similar fashion to the Egg King from Rush and the "wall arm/freeze" attack of the Generations Egg Dragoon, in that the more you climb to the top, and the more damaged the robot is, the faster and more aggressive it attacks. However, when you actually reach the top... the fight suddenly turns into a mix between the Death Egg Robot (original Sonic 2 version) and the Egg Viper in terms of attack strategy. With nowhere else to run, the battle is very straightforward at that point, with you and Robotnik fighting ferociously as more and more of the scenery gets destroyed.

And thus, with a Batman '89-worthy climax, you send the giant robot falling with a thunderous crash onto the deck, which conveniently makes the ship go out of control. Sonic & Tails manage to jump ship at just the right moment while Robotnik regains just enough consciousness to see that the flagship is about to crash into... something. (I was thinking an iceberg to complete the reference, but I don't know if that would offend anyone...) Sonic & Tails have their ending, skedaddle back to South Island, Robotnik is washed ashore on a set of rocks, he cackles quietly to himself as he holds a device that would be used in the next story, roll credits. Or something.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Egg Levithan.

Fucking hell...and here I thought was the only one about to use that name for a boss of mine! >=O

It's okay tho. I got a few other superweapons other than that, so all's not lost.

Aside from the boss name Crusher stole used, I have the Egg Phantom.

A stealth weapon that was kinda inspired by this unused form of Hidden Phantom from Megaman Zero, phasing in and out of sight and attacking you when you least expect it. It's around the size of a man, slender in form, armed with micro-missiles, jetpack, plasma guns, energy shield, an invisibility cloak, and an energy blade capable of slicing off entire hills.

Sorry about that, I figured it was at least a semi-popular Egg *Something* name to use, but I wanted to complete the half-hearted

Kraken & Leviathan

motif.

Edited by Dr. Crusher

Sorry about that, I figured it was at least a semi-popular Egg *Something* name to use, but I wanted to complete the half-hearted

Kraken & Levithan

motif.

It's spelled Leviathan.

Also, sorry for late post, but here's possibly the best idea ever. 

Make eggman reuse the instant death laser from sonic cd, but attach multiples of them everywhere on his egg mobile.

• 2 years later...

Boss Name: Sky Base Bosses

Boss 1: Just like the boss from Sonic The Hedgehog 1 (8-Bit)

Boss 2: A mech that has electrical powers and a minor power to fly.

Boss 3: Called the Proto Egg Robot, it can shoot it's arms which home in on you, has the power to fly with killer fire, has electrical powers like Boss 2, and has a shield.

How to defeat Boss 3: You have to get on the robot when it is almost down and make the arms hit itself, otherwise hit the weak spot. 

Super Sonic Boss - Battle For The Core - Phase 1 - Lost Golem

After the events of Sonic Generations, the world had a lot of corrupted "data" if you will remaining from the chaos. Because of this, reality began merging the damaged remains of existence together into a new planet for life to thrive on, the Lost World, coincidentally littering animals from Sonic's world and Wisp aliens from throughout the cosmos on the small planet in the process and creating warped evil doppelgangers of Sonic and co., each featuring random characteristics of his friends and Eggman combined that named themselves the Deadly Six.

Due to the Lost World still being in the process of creation, it had yet to form a core of its own. Due to the meddling of both Eggman/Robotnik and, albeit unintentionally, Sonic combined all over the planet, what part of the core that had been complete was gradually being altered by the chaos Sonic brought with him and the evil within the doctor.

In a last ditch effort to defeat Sonic, the evil scientist decides to play his trump card. Using a special device within his egg pod, he rocket himself inside the incomplete core and took control of the planet.

Using the unstable power, the entirety of Lost World warps into a colossal golem of sorts with the core hidden within its chest.

Summoning the Chaos Emeralds, the hero takes on the planet in an effort to save it before it's lost for good. With the planets elements on his side, Eggman uses its oceans water, its volcanoes lava, its natures vines and debris, its polar ice, the atmospheres wind, its desert sand, and more to take on Sonic.

How It Plays

Eggman will switch between elements depending on the path along the golems body you take to reach its chest where the core lies hidden within. It will take four trips to the chest in order to break your way through and tackle the mad doctor within.

Traveling along the legs takes you on a path through ocean and volcano, while the arms have you traversing forest and ice. It's up to you to dodge, grind, and blast your way through the planets trials!

Every time you reach the chest, Eggman will randomly use the elements together to defend it as you repeatedly smash away at it using boost-like slams and blasts of chaos energy until he sends you flying.

(You faker!) - Shadow (You're stealing! Be original!) - Penders

Super Sonic Boss - Battle For The Core - Phase 2 - One On One

After all these years, it's time to go fist to fist with Eggman! No tech, no badniks, just man vs hedgehog!

Once you breach the chest, Sonic finds himself within a colossal cavern, with every inch lined with dagger-like crystals waiting to impale anyone foolish enough to come into contact. In the center, Eggman's furious state causes the core to become all the more unstable until it finally dissolves his Egg Pod and merges with his body. An excruciating experience to be sure... Once the merge is complete, the evil doctor removes his goggles and faces you eye-to-eye, revealing the white in his eyes as pure black, his pupils glowing an eerie red as a malicious grin appears on his face.

(Satam/Archie reference hell yeah)

Surrounded in a vile aura, the doctor rockets towards you to take you on himself...

How It Plays

Sonic, fueled by the power of Chaos, Eggman, fueled by the unstable power of reality itself. Can heroism conquer madness?

It's up to you to endure the villains onslaught of power, throwing punches and blasting away constantly as he chases you throughout the cavern. Make sure you beware the walls around you! Even in the form you have now, touching them will deplete your rings so fast you won't even have time to say whoops! This time around it's not the doctor on the offense, its not the villain cowering away. You've gotta swallow the pride you've garnered and be ready to high tail it! YOU'RE the villains prey now!

After you manage to deal enough damage to the doctor, he'll manipulate the golem and create pathways akin to tunnels throughout the structure. Think veins, and you're the infection! Eggman/Robotnik will chase you throughout the golems body via these new passages and will use the crystals lining the walls as an anti-body defense of sorts, sending them rocketing towards you with a collective army of the deadly daggers at his side.

However, ever heard the saying of a double edged sword? Time your moves right and you can send them flying right back at Eggman! Attack him using your powers and use his own attacks against him! Come on, you've fought him for countless years! You can outsmart him!

Ending - Following One's Heart

Yep, you beat Eggman and he loses control of the core. Isn't he always half baked like that? As it detaches itself from the doctor it sends him flying out through an opening in the cavern, a certain two-tailed fox begrudgingly catching the unconscious villain via the Tornado where Orbut and Cubot were waiting as well.

Seemingly facing Sonic, the core suddenly races off back towards the chest of the golem. What's it up to? Naturally the hero doesn't want to find out! In this final moment, it's up to you to race after the core and see what a little positive influence can do! Just as with Eggman it will send crystals flying at you constantly so keep your defense in mind while chasing along!

Once you manage to get close enough, Sonic will reach out an arm and encourage you to boost forward. Tap the A button rapidly and Sonic will give it his all to endure the onslaught of crystals smashing into his face. If he's gotta take the pain to reach the core, you gotta feel the burn too! There's no easy way out for either of you!

Just as the core reaches the chest, Sonic will force it to merge with him and will halt the corrupt and unstable energy in the center of the cavern. Reaching his arms out, Sonic will draw in thousands, possibly millions of rings from throughout the Lost Golem causing its chest to glow brighter and brighter as the core gradually stabilizes before turning a pure golden color as well, the corrupt crystals throughout the golems body turning the same.

Wondering if it worked, Sonic lets down his guard only for the core to send him flying out of the golems body before hearing a loud roar from the core and watching as an explosion of light engulfs the behemoth.

Seeing the Tornado, Sonic rockets towards its wings before turning back to normal and watching as Lost World seemingly explodes within the light, sending all of the rings Sonic gathered raining down onto his world below before revealing itself, having been restored to the planet-like state it had taken on before their meddling.

Encouraging Tails to return them to the planet, they suddenly find the Deadly Six air lifted towards them with the aid of the animals and Wisps combined from Lost World and they collectively tell the hero to turn and go back to his own world, the enemies haven unified with the creatures of the planet and unanimously deciding outsiders are best kept at arms length to avoid having their world warped once again.

They may be a bad group, but even so they were nothing compared to what happens when Sonic and Eggman come around and muck things up! Even if Sonic did save the planet in the end, the residence of Lost World would rather get on with their lives instead of dealing with their rivalry...

Heading back to the planet themselves, Sonic and co. watch as the planet suddenly begins to glow once again before vanishing, likely to find a place where it and those who live on its land will never have to worry about such chaos again...

Well... Maybe... Even Little Planet comes back now and then, right?

END

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 years later...

I got plenty ideas.

Sonic Shifted

Zone 1: Seaside Tropics Zone

Bouncin' Wrecker

Type: MiniBoss (4 Hits)

Is kinda like the first boss from Sonic 1, except instead of just avoid the wrecking ball and hit Eggman (or the GH-91 Wreckin' in this case), you instead must Bounce the Wrecking Ball so it hits the Boss in the head, since you can't hit him anywhere because he's covered in spikes, after every hit, he'll try to Throw the Wrecking Ball at Sonic, in the Last hit he'll spiked balls non-stop, plus the spikes in his head will retreve, making you able to finish him off by hitting him in the head.

Egg-Trap

Type: Boss (8 Hits)

Well, he uses the same wrecking Ball as the first boss of Sonic 1, except you are constantly running, like the First boss from Sonic & Knuckles or every boss in Sonic Advance 2, This time he moves it rapidly left or Right in the Floor causing Fire due to the friction with Sonic must avoid, he also shoots homming missiles, and just like the Heavy Gunner's boss fight, you must hit the blue ones and avoid the red ones to infringe damage, all of it while avoiding the wrecking Ball

Zone 2: Marble Zone (From Sonic 1)

A-M Blower

Type: Miniboss (4 Hits)

Again, you're running, trying to hit the Boss from the back, while he escapes from you, he blows Water at you wich instead of damaging you simply pushes you backwards, he's covered in Spikes, so you gotta hit a switch on his head, wich retrieves his spikes, but also makes Sonic go flying a few steps backward and the boss throws lava instead of water, after every hit, he'll throw many huge Lava lasers, making you crouch or jump, also Sonci has a new ability of running while crouching

Hot-Egg & Magma Blower

Type: Boss (8 Hits)

There's 2 platformes and lava in the middle, there's Eggman ship floating avobe and a Updated Aqua Blower both attached by a really hot tube that makes you lose rings when touching it, Magma Blower, the Tube shoots flames, the Magma Blower will ocationally cool off, and stop heating the tube (doesn't do any damage tho), making them turn over, allowing you to hit Eggman, in the last hit, the fight then will turn into the Marble Zone Boss

Zone 3: Capital Skyway Zone

Shockwave Magnetto

Type: MiniBoss (4 Hits)

There will be breakable platformes, with spikes (& a sometimes rising spring) under it the boss will atract you and then shoot you into the ground breaking the platforms either that or use spike balls instead to shoot you, you must use the spring wich just ocationally rises upwards to hit the Boss.

now... im dry of Boss Ideas, or at least Sonic Shifted Boss ideas...

• Thumbs Up 1

Egg Blemmyes

The Machine is a headless, but otherwise startlingly humanoid mech Eggman drives on the back of its waist. It walks around at a high speed, attacking with a large electric spear that it holds. It strikes platforms down to the ground, but they will bounce back up after they are hit. Once struck for the first time, it puts up a shield over the cockpit. To remove it, wait for it to perform a sweeping attack. Then hit the shield twice, and it flips open. After that, the battle continues for two more hits. Eggman wisely ejects before it explodes,  resulting in it entering a berserk mode. It will now start to jump at you, and try and slam you. To hit it, you must attack he back of the heel so that the feet become vulnerable, knock it down, and then hit the cockpit. This finally destroys the mech. 

Egg Nemean

A quadruped Machine that is an upgrade of the Egg Hippo I made a while back. The Egg Nemean harvests solar energy for power. Its cockpit is located on the belly, and hidden under a flap. To open the flap, hit a spot under the back of the mane. This mane is dangerous, and only a small area can be hit. It lunges at your character with large claws, releases solar energy blasts from the mane, and breathes fire from the maw. The Head has an area where Metal Sonic can fit in and send the machine into overdrive once the machine has been hit four times, with it performing flaming tackles. It has a second pinch mode once you have hit it twice afterwards, where it now shoots off its claws as missiles. Eggman ejects as Metal and the creature flee. It later returns, with an even stronger mode, where it fights alongside a Calydonian Boar Super-Badnik, and can now fire missiles from its mouth, and you now have to hit the tail before the cockpit fully opens. And when you’ve done three hits to all that, you must fling the Badnik sub-boss into it to wreck them both.

• Thumbs Up 1

What if Metal Sonic from CD, Mecha Sonic from S3&K and Silver Sonic from Sonic 2 (8-bit) could combine to form a larger robot?

And that's not all. What if, depending of the order in which they combine, they could create three different robots, similar to how it's done in Getter Robo?

• Fist Bump 2