Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

It's just that we haven't seen Sonic talk to alot of these guys in a LONG time in a main console Sonic game. And now that they are finally here, all they say is Happy Birthday to him. It's just disappointing. In all honesty, I don't find Sonic and Tails' relationship very interesting at all. Probably a reason I wasn't a big fan of Colors' story. I'd much rather Sonic interact with other people that he doesn't get to talk to as much.

The intro to Colors didn't have any corny jokes either dude, not every scene is just going to be a gag fest.

Exactly, which is why I liked Colors' first cutscene.

So you don't think its weird that Amy doesn't get a line of dialogue despite being in 10 feet of Sonic? I mean hell, just them individually wishing him happy birthday would've been fine.

Not really. Amy straight away more or less assaulted Sonic and Sonic was in the middle of a conversation with Tails. There is also the fact that she has Sonic's hand in her face and is a little pre-occupied with trying to remove it before talking.

My god... I just noticed a huge opportunity the writers missed with this cutscene. If Sonic was to have interacted with knuckles, they could of done that fist bump gag from a couple of years back (you know, with the spikes coming out of knuckle's hand). It would of been perfect! (sigh) such a wasted opportunity, especially if their going with the humor aspect again.

Hard mode remember that

Not forgetting it and I'm not trying to judge the game before it's out but for the hard mode I imagine it will take either 6 or 8 hits. I want new sequences for the extra 2-4 hits but I'm thinking all they'll do is add extra obstacles to the already existing platforming sections.

Again, not trying to judge it before i've played it.

^^That preview shot is the best thing ever.

Thats totally gonna be my avatar once a clear version comes up

*peeks into topic, sees praise about the Perfect Chaos battle. Clicks link, skips to said battle, after watching intro cutscene and Chemical Plant*

*stares open mouth while during the fight*

Is it November yet?=/

Guys, it's not like this is the only cutscene in the game with Sonic's friends in it. xD For all we know, this stuff can happen any time in the game. If Sonic and Knuckles fist bump, it better be "MAH, MAN, KEWL!" from OVA, haha.

Also, I have a feeling the Chilidog with the bow on it is going to come back towards the end of the game, or be referenced constantly. Just a feeling;They made it out to be rather important, so yeah. xD

You missed the point. In the context of the boss fight, it makes no difference.

Hard mode doesn't make the regular boss any better or worse.

Lets say it like this.

The fight is a burger and hard mode is an optional side of fries. The fries will not make the burger taste any better (or worse), they're there to enjoy, but it has little impact on the main event; the burger.

That's exactly the mentality I'm arguing with. Yes, first impressions matter... but they aren't the only impression something can make. You don't play a Sonic game's story mode once, and then never touch it again. Who's to say your first experience with a boss is the most important, when the second could be the most enjoyable, and completely turn around your opinion on the boss fight?

It's just the wrong mindset to have. Sonic games are made for replayability, and I know for myself personally, I'm not having the most fun with a Sonic game until after I completed the story mode and have been given free reign to tackle any of the previous levels and bosses over again, continually perfecting my skill and my experience.

It's not a matter of making the original, non-hard boss better or worse... it's the fact that you only have to do it once. And then you can experience it in hard mode if you want.

Edited by Legendary Emerald
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not forgetting it and I'm not trying to judge the game before it's out but for the hard mode I imagine it will take either 6 or 8 hits. I want new sequences for the extra 2-4 hits but I'm thinking all they'll do is add extra obstacles to the already existing platforming sections.

Again, not trying to judge it before i've played it.

That's the thing. There are few ways of attacking Perfect Chaos that haven't already been used. Adding more hits would do little more than make the battle longer.

Its one of my complaintes with Dark Gaia. The Gaia Collosus didn't need 3 slow-moving segments towards Dark Gaia. It was boring and added nothing to the fight.

I don't think it's unreasonable to want the Hard Mode boss to be hard and the normal mode boss to be of a normal difficulty.

Since the normal mode boss(es) seem(s) pretty piss easy, either Hard Mode isn't actually that hard, or there's no real normal difficulty.

Its one of my complaintes with Dark Gaia. The Gaia Collosus didn't need 3 slow-moving segments towards Dark Gaia. It was boring and added nothing to the fight.
Yeah, but the rock 'em sock 'em fight in the Wii version would've sucked if it was over in 3 hits.

If they had added two more sections to the PC fight (new sections, not just repeats), I think we'd both be happier.

Edited by Diogenes
  • Thumbs Up 2

I don't think it's unreasonable to want the Hard Mode boss to be hard and the normal mode boss to be of a normal difficulty.

Since the normal mode boss(es) seem(s) pretty piss easy, either Hard Mode isn't actually that hard, or there's no real normal difficulty.

Does PC not look hard to you? Or at least mildly challenging?

It feels so weird seeing him one-hit KO every enemy in Crisis City, considering nearly every enemy took several hits originally.

If the Perfect Chaos battle was that awesome then I can only imagine how incredible the Egg Dragoon battle will be

All this praise for the opening, but like...nothing happened. I'm not seeing anything that's "SO MUCH BETTER THAN COLORS". Best thing about it was probably Amy being kept in her place though.

Also Boss Trailer music is Time Eater theme. Heck to the yes! Bring on that boss fight!

• Thumbs Up 3

I can't wait to see what shadow and silvers boss fights will be like. Only 5 days left everybody!

Does PC not look hard to you? Or at least mildly challenging?
Not really. It's okay, but it just seems to fizzle out.

Since no one else posted the videos here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r_3CfXtm34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS6ZzLtGFBc\

Amy Rose Co-Op Chemical Plant Mission with Balloon Park Remix:

http://tinyurl.com/3hk6a25

Classic Sonic Speed Highway Act 1:

http://tinyurl.com/3g6asez

Hope you all enjoy~

Edited by Time Eater
  • Thumbs Up 2

All this praise for the opening, but like...nothing happened. I'm not seeing anything that's "SO MUCH BETTER THAN COLORS". Best thing about it was probably Amy being kept in her place though.

Its the subtle things that we liked: Tail's scream of anguish, Sonic's Wtf face after losing his Chilidog, Vector downing about 5 dogs with espio face palming, Knuckles & Rouge talkin, the small things.

Not really. It's okay, but it just seems to fizzle out.

ehh I can feel that, I think its definitely a step up from the Death egg bot however, and its better designed that pretty much every other 3D boss to date.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just finished watching the whole thing.

Disappointed with the story intro and disappointed with some of the music remixes like Modern City Escape and Modern Crisis City. I LOVE the stages and boss fights, though. Perfect Chaos is 10x more epic. New music tracks from this video I do like are the Perfect Chaos boss fight, Balloon Park and Classic Speed Highway.

Its the subtle things that we liked: Tail's scream of anguish, Sonic's Wtf face after losing his Chilidog, Vector downing about 5 dogs with espio face palming, Knuckles & Rouge talkin, the small things.

Yes, thats what I liked, the Colors writers dialed back on the forced comedy and finally seem to be presenting it in a much more natural way, not to mention Tails' scream of anguish had a lot more emotional tension than anything ive seen in Colors.

Edited by Soniman032-
  • Thumbs Up 1

These things could've happened in Colors too, but we'll never know because they weren't there.

I must admit that I'm in the camp that wanted just little more interaction though, atleast with Knux. I kinda miss the whole trio dynamic. But I guess this is for the best, the scene didn't need extra baggage.

Edited by Inferno