Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

Meh. This simply isn't enough for me to make a judgement, but if this ends up as boring as Unleashed was, you will never hear the end of my fury :|

• Thumbs Up 1

How were the Crisis City enemies? Were they as bland as before? (I'm trying to avoid the video)

Can't really tell. They look more vibrant, but it's too hard to tell, since the the TV picture isn't clear from the distance IGN's camera is angled at.

Just finished watching the whole thing.

Disappointed with the story intro and disappointed with some of the music remixes like Modern City Escape and Modern Crisis City. I LOVE the stages and boss fights, though. Perfect Chaos is 10x more epic. New music tracks from this video I do like are the Perfect Chaos boss fight, Balloon Park and Classic Speed Highway.

I can understand Modern City Escape, its a lot different, but Modern Crisis City?

C'mon that shit was epic, not as grand, but it was faster paced and it gave a sense of urgency that was lacking in the original.

Speaking of the music of course. The stage itself.....well it could have only gotten better.

Edited by Scar

^They're pretty much the same, although they get free points from me for not taking a billion hits to kill anymore.

I didn't bother spoiling Speed Highway. Did At Dawn happen? Music and all?

We didn't see the modern version, but it didn't happen in the classic level.

EDIT: Whaaaat. Thing didn't even tell me that there'd been so many posts. Hrmph.

Edited by Octarine

Glad to see some elements from lava reef and flame core in crisis city! But sonic doesn't say his famous lines?

233-goofy-son-i-am-disappoint.jpg

• Thumbs Up 4

How were the Crisis City enemies? Were they as bland as before? (I'm trying to avoid the video)

They burn you and go down in one hit? Sorry I couldn't make out the enemies in that playthrough too well.

Guys, it's not like this is the only cutscene in the game with Sonic's friends in it. xD For all we know, this stuff can happen any time in the game. If Sonic and Knuckles fist bump, it better be "MAH, MAN, KEWL!" from OVA, haha.

Also, I have a feeling the Chilidog with the bow on it is going to come back towards the end of the game, or be referenced constantly. Just a feeling;They made it out to be rather important, so yeah. xD

Poor chili dog. Poor, poor chili dog. biggrin.png I could think of a few things they could do with it.

Edited by Special Operative Blaire

Just finished watching the whole thing.

Disappointed with the story intro and disappointed with some of the music remixes like Modern City Escape and Modern Crisis City. I LOVE the stages and boss fights, though. Perfect Chaos is 10x more epic. New music tracks from this video I do like are the Perfect Chaos boss fight, Balloon Park and Classic Speed Highway.

How...could you be disappointed with how god tier the Modern Crisis City song is and how pretty good the City Escape one is, but love the looping Speed Highway and Balloon Park ones? XD (Not that I don't like them, but they do loop a bit too soon methinks. :X )

These things could've happened in Colors too, but we'll never know because they weren't there.

Apparently you missed all the interactions with Sonic and Tails.

Edited by Soniman032-

I can understand Modern City Escape, its a lot different, but Modern Crisis City?

C'mon that shit was epic, not as grand, but it was faster paced and it gave a sense of urgency that was lacking in the original.

Speaking of the music of course. The stage itself.....well it could have only gotten better.

How...could you be disappointed with how god tier the Modern Crisis City song is and how pretty good the City Escape one is, but love the looping Speed Highway and Balloon Park ones? XD (Not that I don't like them, but they do loop a bit too soon methinks. :X )

I love the original Crisis City, but I don't like the increase in speed and all of the violin spam this version has. I hope the Classic version will be better. This is of course just my personal opinion though, guys. I'm happy you both like it.

• Thumbs Up 1

DAT CRISIS CITY THEME!!! I Just love it! i've listend to it like 50 times now! Love the level as well. (although not as speed driven.) The PC battle looks epic as hell! the cut-scene is okay. Nothing that bad i see about it. and the ballon park song freakin adds twinkle park music in it!TWINKLE PARK! and speed highway. I'm not going to watch that.CAN'T WAIT TOGET MY HANDS ON THE GAME!6DAYS MY FRIENDS.

I love the original Crisis City, but I don't like the increase in speed and all of the violin spam this version has. I hope the Classic version will be better. This is of course just my personal opinion though, guys. I'm happy you both like it.

It's funny because we all thought it would be LOLguitar with slim to no violin! Although the hub version of Crisis city is just pure EPICNESS!

Edited by Classic Hedgehogs Boost

Apparently you missed all the interactions with Sonic and Tails.

I was talking about the character's other than Sonic and Tails. And I've seen enough of that already, yeah it's cool woohoo ect.

Aww that's a shame. The increased tempo definately increases the urgency of the stage and matches Sonic's increase in speed. Not to mention the almost techno-esque chords in the background that are slightly different and a little more.....menacing I suppose. The violins also sound a billion times less fake than the original, much more natural and richer-sounding (though the audio quality was pretty shit, I want a 320kbps version thank you). Other than the more thumping bass line and beat, I can't hear any guitar. I imagine this is because of the audio quality. I know the guitar is there, we heard it in the trailer.

Really a subtle, but effective remix. Just.......fabulous.

• Thumbs Up 1

The classic version of Crisis City's theme is the one used in the entirety of the Modern era trailer. You can tell because it sounds nothing like the version you're hearing now in modern Crisis City's playthrough.

It's funny because I was incredibly disappointed in that remix and I love this one playing in the modern stage. It stays way more faithful to the original song. The classic era version doesn't even sound like Crisis City until the later half of it honestly.

Edited by Chooch

*fangasms*

Dear god, this game is far better than I could have hoped

Dat Perfect Chaos

Dat Speed Highway

Dat Crisis City

Dat Intro

Dem Missions

Everything is absolutely beautiful (and this is without seeing it all in HD quality)

The classic version of Crisis City's theme is the one used in the entirety of the Modern era trailer. You can tell because it sounds nothing like the version you're hearing now in modern Crisis City's playthrough.

It's funny because I was incredibly disappointed in that remix and I love this one playing in the modern stage. It stays way more faithful to the original song. The classic era version doesn't even sound like Crisis City until the later half of it honestly.

It could be a mix of both. I heard bits from the Modern mix in there along side the classic stuff (like all the other trailers). We'll see when the soundtrack comes out.

I don't get how anyone can be excited or disappointed by the intro, nothing happens aside from the cast getting hurled.

I don't get how anyone can be excited or disappointed by the intro, nothing happens aside from the cast getting hurled.

I'm excited because this cutscene alone proves that the writers seem to have embraced subtle humor that isn't in your face and they focus on the little touches of mannerisms that add to the characters rather than detract from them. Everyone except for Sonic and Tails were a little deadpan but I can only guess that cutscenes in the rest of the game focus on interactions with them, giving them more dimension than what they were depicted with in the intro.

• Thumbs Up 8

Well I did get excited when the shitty friends were taken away (Tails, Blaze, and Knuckles excluded). BEST. MOMENT. EVER.

Well I did get excited when the shitty friends were taken away (Tails, Blaze, and Knuckles excluded). BEST. MOMENT. EVER.

B-B-BUT THE CHAOTIX!ohmy.png

The extended cast is hurled away. How is that NOT something to be excited about?

11j0ilz.jpg

Edited by BlazingTales
  • Thumbs Up 2

It is kind of like a homing attack, but not with the sound effect and EXACT blue trail from the game like Generations. Also in that cutscene he bounces off robots in his spinball. In the Generations cutscene he is clearly shown jumping up and Homing-Attacking forward.

B-B-BUT THE CHAOTIX!ohmy.png

Pffft, fuck those guys. I had to pay their rent earlier because that dumbass Crocodile can't be a money manager himself.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm excited because this cutscene alone proves that the writers seem to have embraced subtle humor that isn't in your face and they focus on the little touches of mannerisms that add to the characters rather than detract from them. Everyone except for Sonic and Tails were a little deadpan but I can only guess that cutscenes in the rest of the game focus on interactions with them, giving them more dimension than what they were depicted with in the intro.

Yay for subtly, I just hope they keep Sonic's over the top large haminess from Colors, I liked that.

• Thumbs Up 1