Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

Well, let's see...

-we see Time Eater travel to see Classic Sonic and says "Hi"

-we see a clock with that's used as a transition to Modern Sonic's party and may also be a hint at Time Eater's powers or origin

-we watch as Sonic and friends get the party started

-we watch as Amy gets one step closer to a restraining order

-we watch as Rouge and Knuckles talk about the latest martial arts movie

-we watch as Vector shows Charmy how to win a hot dog eating contest while Espio realizes they spent all their money on the party and their rent is due in 2 days

-we watch as Cheese experiences a sugar rush

-we watch as Sonic's 20th birthday starts out with him getting pwned, his friends getting thrown across time and space, and his chili dog disappears into the sun

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 2

Nothing wrong with a day in the life scene or whatever, but for the big 20th anniversary game, I actually expected more.

inb4 mauled by everyone because it's against the law to be disapointed

• Thumbs Up 4

I didn't see the cutscene and won't until I buy the game, but it's a nice change of pace to have the characters interacting in ways that isn't just Eggman exploding shit, and Sonic' saying horrible one-liners.

Nothing wrong with a day in the life scene or whatever, but for the big 20th anniversary game, I actually expected more.

inb4 mauled by everyone because it's against the law to be disapointed

I'm not one of the people who get upset when people complain about something the don't like but...

To me, how a story starts is usually more important than how it wraps up. You've gotta get sucked into a story before you even see the end.

And isn't having a flashy beginning and end extra icing on the cake though?

SONIC'S FRIENDS WERE SUCKED IN TO TIME HOLES. AND THE CHILIDOG, INFERNO!

The chilidog... :(

I didn't see the cutscene and won't until I buy the game, but it's a nice change of pace to have the characters interacting in ways that isn't just Eggman exploding shit, and Sonic' saying horrible one-liners.

I agree. As much I loved sonic unleashed's cutscene, I think it's pretty overrated, in the sense that sonic's portrayed a bit too powerfull which makes the whole cutscene less tense when he's friggin "punching" a row of robots. I mean yeah it looks cool, it just didn't make sense is all.

I'm allright with a simple cutscene. I guess every part of the fanbase have their own preferences.

Edited by Djawed

But all the characters were sucked into the story.

rimshot.gif

3_3....That was decent, I'll give you that, but my point still stands.

I agree. As much I loved sonic unleashed's cutscene, I think it's pretty overrated, in the sense that sonic's portrayed a bit too powerfull which makes the whole cutscene less tense when he's friggin "punching" a row of robots. I mean yeah it looks cool, it just didn't make sense is all.

It's the same with how he boosts through enemies in the gameplay, only now they added a punching animation to make it look extra cool. I don't see what's so bad about actually showing Sonic doing what he does best, showing off and wrecking Eggman's sh*t.

Edited by Inferno

people we knew it was gonna be a light story. Sonic showed up, cute animations were had, giant badguy, shit gets real. What more do you need? You know Uncharted comes out the same day, right? That's gonna fulfill all your great cinematic story needs.

people we knew it was gonna be a light story. Sonic showed up, cute animations were had, giant badguy, shit gets real. What more do you need?

Something that lets me know this is an anniversary game. Other than the big 20th logo, it feels equal too or less as important than the non-aniversary games.

You know Uncharted comes out the same day, right? That's gonna fulfill all your great cinematic story needs.

I have no PS3. I couldn't play Uncharted even if I was interested in the franchise.

Gonna shut up now, I can see I'm the bad guy in this situation for not liking how a cutscene went.

• Thumbs Up 1

For what it's worth, in my opinion the best opening in a recent Sonic game goes to Colors.

Fuck cutscenes, let me play the damn game. The story can wait a bit and you've got plenty of time to wow me with your fancy animations later.

I can totally get behind this. I did like how Colors threw you right into the action and then gave you the recap later.