Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

It was actually pretty unexpected considering how they've did it in the past. They introduced you to the plot first, then threw you into the action.

I almost scrambled for my controller wondering "Why the hell did it send me here first?" in Colors that time.

Well guess from the intro I can see why some reviewers dropped some points for it, but since I just saw the intro, and not the rest of the game I can't say...but the intro does say alot for whats about to come.

Crisis City suffers from Sonic Colors syndrome as it was 70% 2D and this greatly disappoints me. I really hope most of the alternate paths are 3D and don't like the remix of the theme at all. Am I the only person disappointed modern Crisis City doesn't sound like the first part of the modern trailer?

Edit:

To add to this they took out the street boarding segment and the tornado chase (unless you tell me that quick step segment at the end was it.).

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus

Crisis City suffers from Sonic Colors syndrome as it was 70% 2D and this greatly disappoints me. I really hope most of the alternate paths are 3D and don't like the remix of the theme at all as I thought the first part of the modern trailer was

how modern Crisis City was going to sound.

Huh? Was I watching the wrong video or somethin? Most of the Crisis City level was 3D platforming. And the ending quick step/boosting section had plenty of 3D alternate paths. It was like multiple highways above him that you can run on

• Thumbs Up 2

It was actually pretty unexpected considering how they've did it in the past. They introduced you to the plot first, then threw you into the action.

I almost scrambled for my controller wondering "Why the hell did it send me here first?" in Colors that time.

Crisis City suffers from Sonic Colors syndrome as it was 70% 2D and this greatly disappoints me. I really hope most of the alternate paths are 3D and don't like the remix of the theme at all. Am I the only person disappointed modern Crisis City doesn't sound like the first part of the modern trailer?

Edit:

To add to this they took out the street boarding segment and the tornado chase (unless you tell me that quick step segment at the end was it.).

You spelled Chemical plant wrong.

Edited by Mephiles550

Really? Because from watching the cutscene, it CLEARLY looked to me like Classic Sonic had just completed Green Hill Zone Act 1 before the cutscene started. And then after the cutscene, it was going to head straight into Modern Sonic's Green Hill Zone Act 2. It's easy to tell because the cutscene had absolutely no lead-up to either Classic Sonic himself or the Time Eater's appearance. That's because Green Hill Zone Act 1 IS the lead-up to the event in the cutscene.

I was talking about Colors in how there wasn't a cutscene until after you finished the first level unlike past 3D games where you're given a cutscene first then the gameplay later, not about the cutscenes in Generations, dude.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

Really? Because from watching the cutscene, it CLEARLY looked to me like Classic Sonic had just completed Green Hill Zone Act 1 before the cutscene started. And then after the cutscene, it was going to head straight into Modern Sonic's Green Hill Zone Act 2. It's easy to tell because the cutscene had absolutely no lead-up to either Classic Sonic himself or the Time Eater's appearance. That's because Green Hill Zone Act 1 IS the lead-up to the event in the cutscene.

Sooo GHZ is the tutorial stage. Is that what you are saying?

But no "that tornado is carrying a car".

Wrong, it's dat silver hedgehog who's carrying them now.smile.png

Edited by Revlis1

But no "that tornado is carrying a car".

Maybe Classic Sonic gets the cool tornado part since Modern Sonic gets to battle Silver afterwards :3

Huh? Was I watching the wrong video or somethin? Most of the Crisis City level was 3D platforming. And the ending quick step/boosting section had plenty of 3D alternate paths. It was like multiple highways above him that you can run on

That quick step segment at the end doesn't count as it seems to function like a reverse of the quick step segment from planet wisp in colors and nothing like the paths in SS, SSH, or RTR as all you have to do is keep running forward and quick step to go to a slightly higher straight line. Also I personally felt that the 2D segment dragged on for far to long and I would have preferred that the whole stomp on lava gimmick been in a 3D maze like platforming segment. I guess you could say I wanted to explore this level in a similar fashion to it's original incarnation sort of like how city escape captures the feel of it's original incarnation.

I with the stage is fine actually. Tornado or not, im glad there bringing back these stages to begin with! Im not gonna nit pic every detail and see if they added this or that from the stages. As long as its plays amazingly/ music wise also im a happy gamer.

• Thumbs Up 1

You spelled Chemical plant wrong.

I haven't seen anymore footage of this stage since that German preview with Izuka but if it's mostly 2D then I'm disappointed with it as well.

I just want mostly 3D stages or at least paths that cut around the 2D segments. I mean if I want 2D Sonic I'll play classic.

Edited by Omnis Doc Invictus

I do have to admit that it's a little weird that the level was almost completely segregated into one big 3D portion and one big 2D portion instead of switching between the two more often. I don't think there's too much 2D, but maybe it could've switched it up a little more for variety?

I love the hell out of that remix, though. The trailer version (Classic Sonic's, I guess?) was good, but Modern's sounds a lot more like the original song. It might be my favourite Modern mix, actually.

Edited by Octarine
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was talking about Colors in how there wasn't a cutscene until after you finished the first level unlike past 3D games where you're given a cutscene first then the gameplay later, not about the cutscenes in Generations, dude.

What I am saying is that Generations is most likely exactly like Colors, in that when you press Start to play, the first thing you see is the loading screen for Classic Sonic's Green Hill Act 1. And then you play that before you ever see a single cutscene. The level serves as the leadup to the start of the cutscene.

Edit: Oh, I see. I thought you were saying you were surprised that Generations WASN'T going the route of Sonic Colors in its "gameplay before a single cutscene" progression. My mistake.

Sooo GHZ is the tutorial stage. Is that what you are saying?

"First level" and "tutorial" are not interchangeable words. If you consider the Green Hill Act 1 in the demo a "tutorial" stage, then yes, the game begins with a "tutorial".

... And really, nothing I said had anything to do with tutorials, so why are you even thinking of them?

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Wrong, it's dat silver hedgehog who's carrying them now.smile.png

Yeah I really could care less about Silver. I'm going to beat his ass anyway. Even if he is carrying a car or throwing a pile of shit trash and cars at me. It's going to go down as......

The BBBE! Best Boss Beating EVER!

Oh man if the Chaos fight is that fucking good....duuuudddeee...

Egg Dragoon gonna blow mah miiiiinddddddd.....!!

Oh man if the Chaos fight is that fucking good....duuuudddeee...

Egg Dragoon gonna blow mah miiiiinddddddd.....!!

*thinks of that boss fight*

Yeah It's going to be a fun boss fight. I can smell it.

I do have to admit that it's a little weird that the level was almost completely segregated into one big 3D portion and one big 2D portion instead of switching between the two more often. I don't think there's too much 2D, but maybe it could've switched it up a little more for variety?

I love the hell out of that remix, though. The trailer version (Classic Sonic's, I guess?) was good, but Modern's sounds a lot more like the original song. It might be my favourite Modern mix, actually.

You just made me realize that THAT was the problem! It's not that the 2D outweighs the 3D it's that it's all clumped together and since I had gotten used to the idea that M.Sonic was going to be a mostly 3D affair that large 2D segment seemed to be longer than the 3D parts.

*thinks of that boss fight*

Yeah It's going to be a fun boss fight. I can smell it.

YOU CAN SMELL UPCOMING VIDEO FOOTAGE?

In all honesty, this only makes me even more impatient. That's the negative.

The positive? EVERYTHING ELSE.

The one thing that stood out for me though was Crisis City.

1287655132689.jpg

Everything was so perfectly done. ESPECIALLY the music. Condensing the FOUR DIFFERENT THEMES of the original stage into such a beautiful package...! My heartstrings not as a Sonic fan, but as a musician, were pulled and played upon so majestically~!

Crisis City: newest favourite level EVER. ;-;

WOW!!! This poped up when I was slepping :o

Actually I am happy I didnt see this. I mean its just 7 days till EU relase I can wait :D