Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

Edit: Oh, I see. I thought you were saying you were surprised that Generations WASN'T going the route of Sonic Colors in its "gameplay before a single cutscene" progression. My mistake.

Not quite. I was talking about how Colors didn't go the way the previous games such as SA1,2, Heroes, ShTH, did by starting with gameplay first and then going into the story instead of the other way around. I wasn't referring to Generations in the slightest.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

I can't believe I just realized this, but the player seems to have the "Power Break" skill active. Whenever he tried to stop, it makes this really loud screech and he stopped almost instantly. You can see it in City Escape and Speed Highway.

Actually, concerning this and every other video of a modern stage, I've noticed the Light-Speed Dash is scarcely used. Seriously? Why did they have to limit the LSD to specific ring trails?

• Thumbs Up 2

Actually, concerning this and every other video of a modern stage, I've noticed the Light-Speed Dash is scarcely used. Seriously? Why did they have to limit the LSD to specific ring trails?

I'm sorry, but I lolled pretty hard at the abbreviation for Light Speed Dash. xD "Why do they have to limit the drug use to certain chains of rings?!". Thank you for the laugh though, that was awesome.

Jesus christ, they brought back "OPEN YOUR HEART".

My hype is piercing the heavens.

EDIT: Also yeah. I like Cindy Robinson. She fits Amy fer sure. --and I'm a fan of her work as Makoto Nanaya from Blazblue.

Edited by Cephrien
  • Thumbs Up 1

i just have to ask! I wont watch it but tell me is "Open Your Heart" new kickass Remix by Crush 40 or just a remastered version?

i just have to ask! I wont watch it but tell me is "Open Your Heart" new kickass Remix by Crush 40 or just a remastered version?

It's not just remastered. Definatly remixed.

My opinion is as follows. Gimme gimme gimme. Crisis City man! I was enough of an 06 fan as it is without this remix :-)

I'm not entirely sure. If someone knows something plz correct me.

Hunter i think it is the Open Your Heart K-Club remix that they used for the fight.

Definitely, Definitely Remixed,

And they actually made the Phase 2 music sound good

Loved everything except one thing:

Is it me or is Modern Crisis City Mix not what was played in the Modern Era trailer?

I really loved that one and it doesn't seem to be here.Maybe it's just the poor quality,so please correct me if i'm wrong.

Is it me or is Modern Crisis City Mix not what was played in the Modern Era trailer?

I really loved that one and it doesn't seem to be here.Maybe it's just the poor quality,so please correct me if i'm wrong.

No, its completely differant... Maybe the one in the trailer is Classics? I dunno..

That was the classic version you heard in the trailer. Also Cindy Robinson has greatly improved, or maybe I just warmed up to her. Eh, Amy's voice sounds good to me now regardless

It's the same with how he boosts through enemies in the gameplay, only now they added a punching animation to make it look extra cool. I don't see what's so bad about actually showing Sonic doing what he does best, showing off and wrecking Eggman's sh*t.

I think that's kind of the problem. There's nothing fun about a too overpowered character imo. Remember sonic X where he would be struggling untill he got that one ring to blow everything into pieces after. Each episode, over and over again.

It's just dull when a character has so little weaknesses and it takes away the tensity of battles. Well uhh... unless the character is chris thorndyke weak sleep.png. Dragonball z is a good example. No matter how strong the main characters were, it was always unpredictable

I reckon the little robots in sonic unleashed's intro aren't so harmful but u know... maybe there should be harmful robots for once. At least in CGI's (not nesceseraly ingame)

Edited by Djawed
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think that's kind of the problem. There's nothing fun about a too overpowered character imo. Remember sonic X where he would be struggling untill he got that one ring to blow everything into pieces after. Each episode, over and over again. It's just dull when a character has so little weaknesses and it takes away the tensity of battles. Well uhh... unless the character is chris thorndyke weak sleep.png. Dragonball z is a good example. No matter how strong the main characters were, it was always unpredictable

I reckon the little robots in sonic unleashed's intro aren't so harmful but u know... maybe there should be harmful robots for once. At least in CG's (not nesceseraly ingame)

This so much.

I want to point out that Roger's performance in Free Riders was much different than his performance in Colors, so I felt sure the voices here in Generations would be better as well. Be it either practice, better voice directors, or whatever, I would imagine each character in Generations should at least sound better performed than their Free Riders counterpart.

LMFAO! laugh.png

I'm sorry, I just had to. I couldn't pass up such a good oppurtunity.

That aside, I'm surprised that I was the only one who noticed the player flip off the screen when modern Sonic died at City Escape. XD

Those missions….that graphics…..that gameplay footage….those REMIXES….o_o at this point, classic physics and continuity errors almost IRRELEVANT to me anymore. This game..2007 Sonic Team REALLY outdid themselves for this game.

Additionally, I hope that the characters you have to play with/against in the co-op missions are possible building blocks to -le GASP!- a future Sonic game with other playable characters.

Last but not least, was it really necessary to make Amy say something EVERYTIME she appears in the modern Chemical Plant? Her VA has gotten much better, but after a while it can get ear-grating. -__-

Edited by Zinos

I'm just going to go with what MissHystic said.

Just as Amy was getting bearable with the old writers and VA, the new writers and VA went and made her infuriating again.

I love how people can say this based on a cutscene where she doesn't talk, and one gameplay mission.

This is beyond Haters gonna hate, this is just bitching now.

Edited by Neon
  • Thumbs Up 1

No. Based on Free Riders, and a little bit of this. tongue.png That goes for her voice, too.

Yes, I know Colours' writers didn't do Free Riders.