Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

I think this was what they were teasing weeks ago but sega extended the embargo. The intro cutscene was kinda of a disappointing Sonic and Tail were the only ones talking.

Derp, a little disapponited from what I'm hearing of the opening cutscene.

You have that golden opportunity for zany character interaction, and only two characters get any dialogue? I hope they REALLY deliver on the "Show, don't tell" aspect, then. :<

Hey if it's worth it, we can tolerate it, right? Sonic 06 was not worth it. This game? A different story entirely.

• Thumbs Up 4

@Chaos Warp- THE MACH SPEED SECTION IS! That was a pretty clever nod they threw in there. Now with no loading screen!

That cutscene also put a lot of my worries to rest. I don't mind a light story as long as it's a relaxed-light rather than a we're-forcing-this-empty-shell-on-you light. While one cutscene isn't exactly a good indicator, if we can infer that it reflects the rest of the game, we're not dealing with a- 12 new replies added, damnit!- colors plot here.

Perfect Chaos played like a boss/stage hybrid which is probably gonna be pretty hit-miss with everyone, but i'm fond of it. As a matter a fact, this may be the first boss i ever replay for fun EVER.

I can't remember who it was.

But does anyone remember after I came back from Gamefest and said "If City Escape is anything to go by, those people who have been moaning for months about Generations being Boost to win are in for a suprise?"

Then someone who haddn't played the game tired to convince me and everyone else that it was still that case?

I'd like to add Modern Crisis City to the list of levels that proves you wrong and me right.

• Thumbs Up 2

Looks like through the whole review, IGN's guys were enjoying the crap out of the game. Seeing their reactions made it all the more worthwhile.

As for the footage? Could barely see any layouts and visuals due to how blurry it was, but the music, the first cutscene, and Perfect Chaos... come on November.

Exactly! It takes like 12 seconds to switch Sonic's in the HUB!! It's a bit worrying...will it be as bad as, Sonic 06?

ohmy.png

This game has a Balloon Park remix. Holy shit. The subtle references to the classic games are just absurd.

Also, love how the preview guy just shook his head the second Amy popped up. We're in trouble guys.

Edited by EXshad
  • Thumbs Up 4

Perfect Chaos played like a boss/stage hybrid which is probably gonna be pretty hit-miss with everyone, but i'm fond of it. As a matter a fact, this may be the first boss i ever replay for fun EVER.

Yup. Amy doesn't even make a single squeak whilst Sonic's palm is planted against her face and Vector downs a load of food without an audible gollop. They vocalize when the Time Eater is sucking them away however.

So that's where all the stomping sections went.

Mostly great stuff here. Classic Speed Highway looked like fun, and Modern Crisis City sounded gorgeous and was packed with platforming. Seriously, I'd be terrified to boost in that place. Perfect Chaos looked a lot more challenging and complex than the Death Egg Robot, and I love that they kept the weird music order from the original.

Those load times are a bit iffy, though, and it's kind of weird that nobody but Tails talked in the opening cutscene. I guess it makes sense to limit that kind of thing so new players aren't scared off by the shitty friends, but they must've gotten all of the voice actors to do the "SURPRISE!" and the yelling as they're sucked away, so they must talk sometime. I dunno.

EDIT: Derp, missed the bit where Amy blatantly talks and stuff.

Edited by Octarine

Hey guys is it possible to watch a stream on an IPod Touch? I went to the Justin.Tv website but the stream video wouldn't load for me