Awoo.

IGN's Generations broadcast. Watch now if you can't wait a week to see the game's intro.

Badnik Mechanic

It'd be hilarious if we could clearly hear what the others are saying in the background, I caught ear of Vector saying "I'm starving."

You're pathetic. Have you heard the Bentley Jones remix?

No, really. The stages looked epic. Side-missions, great.

That one was actually better than this. But that's going off topic.

The PC boss fight did look fantastic. And OMG Crisis city! The missions.....eh I'll have to tackle myself before I give judgement.

Decided to watch the Crisis City footage.

It feels very unnerving to see Sonic dancing his jig at the results screen while an enormous flaming vortex is spinning along in circles in the background.

As for the stage itself.......honestly, it looked very underwhelming and mediocre to me. :3 Don't hurt me.

Edited by Razor Wind

I was starting to get into the PC battle...until it switched to that boring music.

It was stupid in 1999 and it's stupid now, Sonic Team.

Also this is from page 1 but:

But does anyone remember after I came back from Gamefest and said "If City Escape is anything to go by, those people who have been moaning for months about Generations being Boost to win are in for a suprise?"

Then someone who haddn't played the game tired to convince me and everyone else that it was still that case?

I'd like to add Modern Crisis City to the list of levels that proves you wrong and me right.

You're right.

It's Homing Attack to win.

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't know why, but the intro just reminds me of Pac-Man world 3's. Not as cheesy as that, but yeah.

Edited by Inferno
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm sorry, but the Perfect Chaos fight here made the one in SA1 look like total garbage by comparison. Quite possibly one of the most epic Sonic battles in history.

• Thumbs Up 1

You're right.

"The table has been set...NOW LET US BEGIN!!!"

Dragon Ball Z for life!

Edited by KrazyBean14

You're right.

Thought you might say something like that. I agree too.

However, without it the level design would be too "cheap", considering the speeds that Sonic can reach. It can and will be considered a crutch to the gameplay, but its a necessary move. There is a reason it was invented.

SA1 and 2 functioned well enough without it, however that game had zero mid-air intertia. Generations does not it seems. If you're moving quickly and you jump, you will continue to move quickly in that direction while in the air. Into a bottomless pit if there is one (without one the games would be pitifully easy)

Can't fault the physics.

EDIT: I love ALL of Perfect Chaos. That boss battle takes a massive dump on the original in terms of challenge.

Edited by Scar
  • Thumbs Up 1

So I'm the only one who actually likes Perfect Chaos phase 2?

Yes you are.

I knew Sonic had it in him all along, you just had to Open your heart.

I see. So opening your heart can give you the power to take out Perfect chaos without even having to go SUPER Sayian Sonic

Edited by Eternal BOOOOOOOSH

The song or the actual gameplay portion?

I like both, but I was just wondering.

Edited by Chooch

It was a pretty stupid decision to have the songs go in that order in SA1, but it's honestly kind of hilarious to see it unchanged in Generations. No foul, really, especially since this version of the battle at least made the final phase much slower-paced to match the music.

Exactly! It takes like 12 seconds to switch Sonic's in the HUB!! It's a bit worrying...will it be as bad as, Sonic 06?

ohmy.png

The problem with 06's loading screens wasn't necessarily JUST the fact that they were horrendously long, but also because there was a large quantity of them. Like, you have to sit through four fifteen second loading screens just to complete a single mission, God forbid you actually fail one and need to start over. As long as I spend more time actively PLAYING the game and not just looking at pictures of Soleanna, I'm happy.

Also, the game looks beast. Is it just me, or did Roger up his tone a bit for Sonic? He sounds less Jaleel and more Ryan/Jason to me now.

Not at all. I personally was very pleased to hear how musically it was on a much grander scale; could have sworn I had a chamber choir of some sorts, even. Glad they gave it attention as well, instead of outright ignoring it. Then again, Adventure was my first game period when I was 5, so every little thing just adds to the nostalgia factor for me. :P

Glad I only listened to the music though. I'd feel bad if I spoiled this fight. Perfect Chaos' roars though...sent a chill down my spine man.

The music? Nope. I have it on my iPhone.

Just got done watching the stream,

*Sigh* *Sigh* This is why I'm considering to stay up at night, 'cause it always seems I miss something big overnight.

Anyways, didn't feel like watching the entire video, only wanted to watch the intro.

And how did I like it?

I really loved it.

wub.png I didn't really care about the other characters getting much dialouge just Sonic's continuing love affair with chili dogs and Classic Sonic's cuteness at the beginning were awesome!

Edited by DarkLightDragon

The song or the actual gameplay portion?

I like both, but I was just wondering.

Oh I was talking about the song, but yeah I also like the gameplay portion as well.

Edit: Yay I'm not alone.

Edited by Balding Spider

I prefer it to Open Your Heart myself. I just don't like Crush 40/the vocal themes though very much. The PC phase 2 music sounds pretty awesome remixed as well :D

I don't know why, but the intro just reminds me of Pac-Man world 3's. Not as cheesy as that, but yeah.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought that Played the game.